Webber: I'm Considering My Future

Mark Webber will be considering his future at Red Bull Racing, over the next three weeks. The Aussie was clearly upset/annoyed by the whole afair while took place at the Controversial Malaysian Grand Prix. In which his team mate clearly ignored team orders, stealing the win from his team mate who was also under team orders to "bring the car home under multiple 21". With ten laps remaining, Vettel struck against a instructed Webber, even team principal Christian Horner got on the radio to tell his Triple World Champion "Come on Seb, This is silly"

screenshotweb.jpg

Red Bull's Race Engineers told both of their drivers hold their positions, which is when Sebastian Vettel ignored the teams orders and attacked Mark Webber for the lead. Webber fought back against Vettel, however Vettel was in a different engine mode to what he was instructed to be in. The team ordered both drivers to turn the engines down and bring the cars home - code wording the situation "Multiple 21" Vettel defied the team orders and left his engine in high mix. Meaning the gap between Webber and Vettel was greatly reduced.

Webber said:
"It's three weeks to the next race – we are fortunate we have three weeks. I will catch some waves in Australia with my board and I think this will be good medicine for me. But there were a lot of things in my mind in the last 15 laps of the grand prix, to be honest, so whether the medicine is enough we will see."

Since Webber made that statement, Vettel has publically apologised for "Accidentally Winning"

He told the press after the race, "I messed up today. I apologise for that. I am the black sheep."
He then seemed to suggest he had not heard Horner's instructions when he said: "I want to say the truth. I wasn't aware of it, otherwise I wouldn't take such a risk to pass someone I wasn't supposed to pass at that moment. Just before we got out on the podium I had a very quick word and it was quite a shock – not easy for me to admit, but that's the truth. I want to stick to the truth."

The likely outcome is, that since Vettel has apologised to Webber and Christian Horner has been trying to ensure peace is kept in the team, Webber will remain at Red Bull. But the truth be told, the already strained relationship between the two could already be at it's maximum. If that's the way it is, Webber could quit the team at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, Lewis Hamilton has apologised to Nico Rosberg. The Brit pulled into the pits of his old McLaren team mates, losing 6 seconds. Which affected him later on in the race when Rosberg was right on his tail. "He's holding me up" Rosberg let out at the Mercedes team over the radio. However, unlike the Red Bulls - Rosberg did not challenge the orders given by the team. Instead Rosberg took 4th place, behind Hamilton, who got his first Mercedes podium.
View the Post on the Blog

Its a tough situation but not a lot Webber can do about it now. At least the team made the instruction, showing that they weren't favouring Vettel (at this time) this is just about Vettels morals really as I don't believe it when he says he didn't hear it. What will be interesting is the next time they are running one/two and Webber is the car behind... Bring it on ;-)

Vettel is destroying him every time but I never tought he would like to win without a fight. He is very close to retirement so he gets sentimental. Just try to remember their last race in Brasil when he was clarly interrupting Vettel start. I would never shake his hand after that. There are so many talented drivers and young, let it go oldtimer.

Guys, if we ignore that the participants in this discussion are Webber and Vettel, would you also state these arguments?

Really, a 10 place grid penalty for ignoring a team order? Do you want to see sport or politics. If you thing like that, you are in no way interested in sport and in the general intention of sport!

Yes, but if Vettel just hands him a victory then it won't feel like a victory, because he got given it.

The only way Mark will feel better, is if he genuinely beats Sebastian to win the race.
but he would have lost yesterday don't you think? he was only leading because of sebs messed up pit stop 1st time around. i'm not a seb fan but webber is just not good enough.

Id like FIA to add 10 place penalty for those who ignores team order
Team Orders are just as bad as ignoring them. I do understand the team wanted to secure a 1/2, or save engines, but not letting them race is making F1 pretty lame. The Team Orders discussion is old, and it always lead to problems. Its the price you pay when you put two top drivers in one team. In the end of the day they are Race Drivers. holding back , is , and should be against their nature.

Its a tough situation but not a lot Webber can do about it now. At least the team made the instruction, showing that they weren't favouring Vettel (at this time) this is just about Vettels morals really as I don't believe it when he says he didn't hear it. What will be interesting is the next time they are running one/two and Webber is the car behind... Bring it on ;-)
he said on sky that he truthfully didn't hear it. on the bbc, he said he did hear it but he misunderstood. what is there to misunderstand?! surely the idea is, if your teammate is leading after last pitstop, you let him win unless the title race is on for you. it comes across as lying. he says he doesn't care about what people think but ultimately, surely any driver wants to leave a legacy. it doesn't matter if he wins 10 champs with redbull, he will not be regarded in the same breath as some of the other greats.this kind of dishonesty or selective memory doesn't help him.

I think that team orders are silly. Are they racing or not??? I want to see racing and battles and not ducklings following each other.

I also got quite cheesed off that Nico was ordered to stay behind Hamilton.

This is not racing for me. If I want to see cars following each other I'll just peep over the highways and watch cars following the leader....

So with about 1/5th of the race left the team decided that Webber had done enough to take the win?
So from that point on, the last exciting 1/5th of the race, we get to watch a procession?

I think what Vettel did was the right thing. Team orders ruin the racing.

For instance, why wasn't the team order the other way around? In the past Ferrari would let Schumi, the faster better driver, go past Barrichello, to allow him to take more points which might be valuable later in a hotly contested championship.
Everyone complained then, booo hisss... the same is true here.

Surely it's more likely Vettel will need the points later in the year, and he should have been allowed out ahead? Same constructors points, but more points for a driver more likely to need them?

Red Bull's choice almost feels patronising to Webber really. It would have been an empty win had he got it... and both he and Vettel would have known it too.

had webber stayed on his rich fuel setting...like vettle...vettle wouldnt have caught him...that's the way i see it...team orders suck i hate them more than the next guy...but pretty spineless of vettle...too bad webber didn't blast him like turkey a few years ago.

They are racing up to the last pit stop. Before that Vettel simply could not get past.

The only way he got past was because he took advantage of a situation that he shouldn´t have.
Webber didn't had an answer for Vettel 's attack, don't tell me he wasn't aware off Seb or had not enough fuel:roflmao:. He almost pushed him to the barrier while defending. I suggest U watch the race again.
Webber was delighted to crush Heidfeld and Couthard, now he is humiliated by German.
Maybe Vettel will give up Championship to his team mate this year, Seb gets sentimental too, poor Mark :cry:.
Bring on Chiniese GP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back