Tracks Watkins Glen International

Thing is that no matter how good the track is the people don’t use mods online that often unfortunately. At least not in public multiplayer. Nevertheless this will be great.

Granted ... I'm old and I do not understand all the terms you have used, but I am certain that SRS will race on this mod (or mods because lilski is preping several variations of the circuit), if only because they use ALL of lilski's other tracks in their scheduling.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/

Granted ... I'm old and I do not understand all the terms you have used, but I am certain that SRS will race on this mod (or mods because lilski is preping several variations of the circuit), if only because they use ALL of lilski's other tracks in their scheduling.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/

It’s good to see that SRS uses mods but I wished many more "normal" server hosts would use the great amount of really good mods online. I mean…we are talking about Assetto Corsa being the racing sim with the highest amount of mods right now and top quality ones, too, thanks to a top modding community. Knowing that, you have to wonder why they’re rarely used online.

Fantastic work, LilSki. Finally a great new version of The Glen which has the catch fences done right. Not like this strange looking track (ripped from Simraceway, i guess).

I have often thought about this and wondered why Kunos doesn't include steam workshop in Assetto Corsa. The problem with outdated mods would not exist and maybe there would be more public online racing.
Copyright issues, it would immediately be flooded with badly made Forza rips and stuff. And at some point Stefano pointed out quirks in Italian law that would make solely the operator responsible and sueable for stuff people do on their websites and platforms. Kunos as an Italian firm would be the operator of the workshop, even if it's all stored on Steam servers..

Yea the copyright issues would be a nightmare for sure. RD is the perfect stand in for Steam Workshop and if you want questionable content then FB, YT suffice.

Copyright issues, it would immediately be flooded with badly made Forza rips and stuff. And at some point Stefano pointed out quirks in Italian law that would make solely the operator responsible and sueable for stuff people do on their websites and platforms. Kunos as an Italian firm would be the operator of the workshop, even if it's all stored on Steam servers..
Thanks for the clarification. I knew about their website/platform issues, but I thought Steam workshop does not count as "their" own.

• Deleted member 130869

We have a Porsche 962, a sprint Sauber C9, and just missing an update to the Mazda 787B to relive some GTP glory in this outstanding track.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew about their website/platform issues, but I thought Steam workshop does not count as "their" own.

Another unfortunate aspect of the Steam Workshop is content that was added via the SW can be removed from your game install as well without warning.

Because the annual USGP was held at the Glen, I wish for pre-1975 F1 cars. If lilski does an early version of the track, I do hope he includes something to remember The Bog at the Glen, if only the burned out shell of a tour bus: https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sh...ous-watkins-glen-mud-bowl-and-fire-pit-080714

To be fair, this sort of activity was common at racing tracks at that time. I remember some wild parties with quite a bit of nudity up on the hill at events held at Lime Rock ... and the bacchanals that would occur at the old Pocono Tri-Oval during NASCAR events. I may still have some pictures of these ... activities ... maybe one day I'll dig them out and start a thread.

In the meantime, here's another article on some of the WG - F1 history. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/21/m...a-one-united-states-jackie-stewart/index.html

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I didn't mean to derail towards a Group C discussion, sorry. Also there should be no reason for folks to be sad around here ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back