Tracks Watkins Glen International

New detail I came up with. Many images of Watkins shows the lines at the inside of the corner get very very dark and rubbered up. So not only do I have rubber being added to track but also the curbs and lines.

So no rubber
Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_11-2-118-2-47-35.jpg

Full rubber. Still some fine tuning needed but it works very well I think.
Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_11-2-118-2-41-4.jpg

Big fan of this! Too many mod tracks, while otherwise being nice, are too clean and like opened just yesterday.
Not just mod tracks. Default content doesn't really do this either. They have the basic track groove and skidmarks and that is it. They don't have anything specific for just the curbs and lines like this.

Not just mod tracks. Default content doesn't really do this either. They have the basic track groove and skidmarks and that is it. They don't have anything specific for just the curbs and lines like this.

Fully agreed.

I don't even know why I put that mod remark there as it indeed is a problem with whe official content too, made me to sound like a Kunos fanboy. :D

So you are a tester :D
I'd say that is overstating it. With LilSki's tracks there is never much to report back/complain about. I've had a go though and LilSki said I could post the video if I wanted to :geek:

But nice driving. :D
Thanks, I am just trying to copy that USF2000 car as much as possible. 40% restrictor seemed to match the straight line speed quite well. I couldn't for the life of me get the FA1 to enter the bus stop as fast though and looking at the video it seems it was because I didn't have the pace top end... with hindsight less downforce probably would of done the trick :(

Last edited:
LilSki QA's his tracks better than iRacing. I have a pretty good eye for detail and I've yet to find any glaring issues with any of his tracks, on the other hand I find all sorts of odd ball graphic issues with iR tracks, lolz.

Can't wait for The Glen to be released!! :thumbsup: I was driving the RSS GT Vortex at a short race at Bridge Hampton, my god, its completely insane, sooooooooooo fast, simply brilliant!!

I've had a go on all layouts too, it's spot on to recent onboard laps I've seen. The trademark blue guardrails, high fences etc looks and runs amazing in VR.
Probably the pinnacle of Lilski's work to date.

From here it can only go downwards
jk

Most impressive!!
I'm quite stunned by the rubbered in curbs, makes for some great atmosphere.
Even the shape of the trees and trackside objects seems spot on.
This is a masterpiece!

P.S. great work on that video too, makes you realize in how much miniture detail @LilSki is going with this track

Yes the rubbering of the lines and curbs are dynamic to the track grip. I tweaked the colors a bit actually. It is a bit overdone in the video above. The lines now simply blend into the road more and not as black. Still likely some more tweaking to come but its time to get back to finish the track side objects and get everything textured.

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_13-2-118-9-51-44.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_watkins_glen_13-2-118-9-51-15.jpg

I was one of those who had asked as well a few months ago, and was so glad to see it had been started. The amount of work thats been done is amazing, as well as the quality of the work.
The level of detail is terrific, especially the rubbering in.
Thanks just doesn't seem enough, but this is one track that will get many sim miles put on it !

Those extra details are so awesome...I can't wait to see them in action. Quick question, the fact that they're dynamic - is it a certain number of laps before the curbs and outside lines start showing rubber? If so, how many? Also, is it a gradual appearance? Like 5 laps and the dirt overlay is at 50% opacity. 10 laps 75% opacity, 15 laps 100% opacity or something along those lines... Is that possible to do in Assetto Corsa engine?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.