Tracks Watkins Glen International

About the guy on the Cobra replica, I prefer the other video on his page where at least he uses the 4th gear :rolleyes:

In any case, I now have the urge to race the Cobra on that track.. ok. Breathe. It's coming.

Last edited:
Would be awesome to have track layout from 60s, but it would be again a new challenge - a complete new track (maybe some stuff like terrain layout, can be taken out of this, but mainly would be a complete new circuit with a new environment).

It's a whole new track but it is a simpler track too. Not much as far as track objects go. About 60%-70% of the current track is the same as far as layout goes. As I said many pages ago I might experiment with grafting in the old layout on the current data at some point. But that won't be until the current track is finished. But between what I have now, the 1957 aerial, and old Can-Am videos I should be able to get a fairly accurate rendition of the old missing section.

In either case the classic Nascar layout shown earlier works very well in the older cars.

Thank You LilSki. It's a shame that nobody's made the classic Watkins Glen layout yet, nor classic Mexico City.
Well there is only a handful of us building proper accurate scratch built tracks. Plus Mexico sucks except for one turn ;). It tried to mimic Riverside but failed miserably.

Made a quick video of a few laps around the classic short circuit in the 312/67. AI was at 97% so they were a tad slow.

Your mod tracks always have amazing trees/vegetation, done with lots of care and attetion to detail... and this track in particular might just have the best looking trees I've ever seen in Assetto Corsa.

True..... and for all of my griping, COTA isn't actually all that bad. And he did design Malaysia........

If it weren't for what he did to Hockenheimring, I might even find it in me to forgive him......

True..... and for all of my griping, COTA isn't actually all that bad. And he did design Malaysia........

If it weren't for what he did to Hockenheimring, I might even find it in me to forgive him......
I'm actually of a very few who think Hockenheim was improved. The really original circuit was just a boring flat out track. Then they riddled it with terrible chicanes for a few decades. Now it is a more balanced layout that actually makes sense. It is sad they destroyed the original layout though even if they weren't planning on using it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back