Tracks Watkins Glen International

Those extra details are so awesome...I can't wait to see them in action. Quick question, the fact that they're dynamic - is it a certain number of laps before the curbs and outside lines start showing rubber? If so, how many? Also, is it a gradual appearance? Like 5 laps and the dirt overlay is at 50% opacity. 10 laps 75% opacity, 15 laps 100% opacity or something along those lines... Is that possible to do in Assetto Corsa engine?
I believe it is connected with how you set the grip, same as racing line. But its a nice touch, well done @LilSki. Will try to implement on Chang as well.

So in terms of performance it will be perfectly usable with LODs and all? Really looking forward to it!
Yeah it won't have any 3D grass yet and won't have any RVs, cars, tent, etc yet so performance will be fine. Basically this first release will be like a "track day" environment. All the key permanent track side objects will be in place and hopefully textured. The "race day" feel will come later.

With my tracks I don't need to "optimize" at the end as I build it optimized from the start.

Yeah it won't have any 3D grass yet and won't have any RVs, cars, tent, etc yet so performance will be fine. Basically this first release will be like a "track day" environment. All the key permanent track side objects will be in place and hopefully textured. The "race day" feel will come later.

With my tracks I don't need to "optimize" at the end as I build it optimized from the start.
That's great to hear, I'm stocked! :D

25lsaf.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes