VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nationality: Dutch living in Beglium
What is:

Your favourite Track?
logo.jpg

RF2 vehicle/s? The one with 4 wheels, I can't remember which one it is.
rf2family_16x9.jpg

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge?
couch_potato_cat.jpg

Beer or wine?
belgian-beers11.jpg

Do you do your own set-ups?
:whistling: No :D, thanx @Frederic Schornstein and other club racers ;) :thumbsup:
But somethings i have to. click and test, click and test, ... :sick:

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? Without ABS :O_o:
Karthikeyan_(Jordan)_locking_brakes_in_qualifying_at_USGP_2005.jpg

Best Sim-Racing result?
victory.jpg
Goals for the season?
To setup a challenging League season together with @David O'Reilly :)

Show us your VWSR car :geek:

The VWSR F3.5 2014 skin template: Download

- Change the car number
(send your chosen car number (number only, not the skin;))) to@David O'Reilly )
- Change the driver name
- Leave the RD and VWSR logo's where they are.
- When you are ready to paint.....
- No obscene pictures or language
- No copy protected pictures, logo's or brand names
- Be creative...
- Use the skin as an "alt"-skin on your assigned car
- Questions: send a PM to @Gijs van Elderen

Using a custom skin is not mandatory. But it looks better in screenshots and video's. :cool:

Guys i have to sign out from this champiosnhip. It seems that my renovating from my new house is going to take a lot longer and i miss a lot of races. Id rather give my place away to sombody who can commit himself, I try to do a few clubraces instead until my house is done incl internet etc etc etc etc etc :( AAAAAAARGHHH moving and renovating :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
What about helmet skins? I've created my vehicle skin just fine, but I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to find a helmet template, and where to place it so it shows ingame.

Guys i have to sign out from this champiosnhip. It seems that my renovating from my new house is going to take a lot longer and i miss a lot of races. Id rather give my place away to sombody who can commit himself, I try to do a few clubraces instead until my house is done incl internet etc etc etc etc etc :( AAAAAAARGHHH moving and renovating :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sorry to hear it Bjorn, thanks for letting us know.

Sign me up. Shame it'll be as a reserve.
Oscar,We have added you to the reserve/guest driver list.
There are only 24 full time drivers at present.
I will be surprised if 4 reserves don't get a drive each race.

What about helmet skins? I've created my vehicle skin just fine, but I haven't a clue where I'm supposed to find a helmet template, and where to place it so it shows ingame.
There is a helmet psd in the ISI downloads section, and a driver suit one too.
Once you have painted them you put them in the same location as the alt.dds car skin and you name them exactly the same but ending in HELMET.dds and DRIVER.dds
eg
myskinalt.dds
myskinaltHELMET.dds
myskinaltdriver.dds

HOWEVER
the modern helmet I found didnt fit the Helmet of the FR 3.5 (Ill double check this)
EDIT: yes the helmet is wrong for this car. The pattern that was on the chin in certain cars is on top of my helmet in this one.
If anyone has a solution please share it with us.

Last edited:
6/9/2014 Please see the notice board section of the OP.
pasted here for your convenience,
6th Sept 2014 Notice
Please note that the calendar above has been updated with the circuit names.
Two other points.
1) To make even more it interesting,the final race of the season at Silverstone will be a 60 minute race. Points will be awarded at 150% of the normal for race 1. This means the round will have the same points value but will be earned in one final race. With a tyre change becoming probable it should be fun.

2) The two test events as you know are there for ranking purposes. Please keep some perspective. They are not a world championship or even a qualifying session. No points are awarded. We just need you to show your representative pace in a least one of them to help with team formation. Please show us what you have. We reserve the right to adjust a drivers ranking if we believe he has not run on his merits (as they say in horse racing) so no sandbagging please.

Nationality: English

What is:

Your favourite Track?
Straight tie between Bathurst and Laguna Seca

RF2 vehicle/s? URD GTs or the FR 3.5

Favourite real world driver? Alonso, cannot argue with raw talent and ability

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? Olivia Wilde

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge? Lounge

Beer or wine? Ice Tea

Do you do your own set-ups? Yes, everyone should take time to learn. Once you know how you can custom build setups to yourself and find heaps of time.

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? Remaining consistent with the varying grip levels.

Best Sim-Racing result?
Last year was a bit of a breakout for me. Won my first drivers and constructors championships in a very competitive environment, although my first win in LFSCART light always brings back good memories.

Goals for the season? Should I be able to attend all the races win the championship. If not then just win as much as possible.

Anything else you want us to know? On track I give as much room as I get. Happy to be roughed up but if you dish it out you have to be ready for the same elbows out style right back ;)

Nationality:
South African

What is:
Your favourite Track?
Spa Francorchamps

RF2 vehicle/s?
Formula ISI

Favourite real world driver?
Michael Schumacher (Past/Overall), Sebastian Vettel(Present)

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge?
Depends on the weather.

Beer or wine?
Guava juice

Do you do your own set-ups?
I normally try, but I screw it up most of the time.

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014?
Selecting which livery to run.

Best Sim-Racing result?
Not much to speak about.

Goals for the season?
Having fun, as always.

Anything else you want us to know?
I don't even want my wife to know. ;)

Just wanted to mention that I was impressed by the clean opening lap last night. Didnt see any contact from where I sat and it allowed us all to race to our abilities or until our cars broke!
Well done all.

The reconaissance lap was a different way to start. I quite liked it from the perspective of providing a different challenge and more immersion.
Any view from anyone on this?

I have a bad memory, the recon lap is the same thing as the formation lap ? I always prefer having this lap rather than just jumping straight to the grid and start racing.

Changing the subject to circuits I just had some laps at the COTA track, it's the first time I have driven there and it's the sort of track I like, lots of undulations and changes of level, it's a shame it didn't make it into the league but how about having one of the test races there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back