VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddock Chat is here for all League drivers to use as they wish to dicuss the league and racing in general.
Drivers are also invited here to give us all a little insight into who you are.
It serves two main purposes,
We all get to know each other a little bit better, its more fun when you are battling with a person you know a little.

It also will serve as background when we brief the Formula Renault 3.5 League reporter David O'Brundle for the well known RD sim racing publication “The Blown Diffuser”. We plan to publish a few somewhat factual somewhat tongue in cheek articles to spread our/your fame and it helps if we know a bit about you.
It is of course entirely optional, do as much or as little as you want or none at all. Its cool.

The inter team banter and rivalry will also have a home here and hopefully will help us to cement a strong paddock and grid culture so we all turn up and get more from this League.
Driver introduction template

Nationality:
What is:
Your favourite Track?
RF2 vehicle/s?
Favourite real world driver?
You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity?
Do you prefer Gym or Lounge?
Beer or wine?
Do you do your own set-ups?
Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014?
Best Sim-Racing result?
Goals for the season?
Anything else you want us to know?

I'll go first as an example!!!:

Nationality: Australian Living in Cardiff UK

What is:

Your favourite Track? Mt Panorama Bathurst

RF2 vehicle/s? Nissan GTR GT1, ASR Classic Open Wheeler 1992, (aka the mod formerly known as #1 1992), Ferrari 458 Challenge, BES 911 GT3 RSR. Lola LMP1

Favourite real world driver? (edit Big Webber fan for 10 years), F1 now-Ricciardo and Hulkenberg.

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? Jessica Ennis. I like fit fast girls.

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge? 50/50

Beer or wine? Getting too old for beer so wine.

Do you do your own set-ups? Always but not always well.

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? Finding out the the aero package can't be changed in the garage and finding the driver helmet template.

Best Sim-Racing result? P3 (of 32) in RF2 BES GT3 Mt Panorama Bathurst 1.5 hour.

Goals for the season? Get in the points a few times and beat some other #2 drivers.

What inspired your vehicles skin? Australian Flag. I must miss home.

Last edited:
Nationality: English

What is:

Your favourite Track? Monaco

RF2 vehicle/s? FR3.5 2014 Indycars

Favourite real world driver? Bottas

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? Roxanne Pallett

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge? Lounge

Beer or wine? Beer

Do you do your own set-ups? Yes

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? haven't driven it enough but it will probably be for me preserving tyres which I'm not very good at

Best Sim-Racing result? Winning at Istanbull in GP2 league a few years ago and finishing 5th in RD Formula One Championship in 2011 I think.

Goals for the season? Get on the podium somehow

What inspired your vehicles skin? I don't have one, can we use default skins ?

Last edited:
Nationality: German

What is:
Your favourite Track? Nordschleife, Monaco, Spa

RF2 vehicle/s? ISI Corvette GT2, Lola B12-60, ISI Megane, Nissan GTR, FR35 2014 BTCC Honda and a lot more :D

Favourite real world driver? I like to watch racing, but no fan of someone exactly

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? I dont care

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge? Cockpit :D

Beer or wine? Water

Do you do your own set-ups? Most of the time

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? Hairpins and dirty air

Best Sim-Racing result? A lot most recently P1, P2, P1 in a full BTCC round with weight penalty and full reversed grid starting P25 in Race 3 and of course my win in the last VWSR35 round ;)

Goals for the season? Fill in for one or two races and give the fastest guys a run for their money.:D

What inspired your vehicles skin? Usually I try to run our TXL team colours remenicent of of the F1 xBox leauge, which I never entered. I dont even own any kind of xBox:roflmao:

@Martin Bulgin
Yes Martin, we welcome/encourage skins but defaults are fine. (maybe your new team mate does skins?)
BTW Gijs is including in the Mod a system that puts the team cars in same garages side by side so each team should use the same original car from the in-game choice..

Nationality: Scottish

What is your favourite Track: Spa Francorchamps

RF2 vehicle/s: Fr3.5, Fisi, Civic, Marussia, F2 and anything else open wheel

Favourite real world driver: Sebastian Vettel

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity: Eva Green

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge: Lounge

Beer or wine: None, i dont drink alcohol

Do you do use your own set-ups: Yes and my teammate Sean's

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014: Driving it :)

Best Sim-Racing result: PrestoGP Season 11 Champion

Goals for the season: To be safe and fair and put in a good showing.

Anything else you want us to know: Nope im secretive about everything except the above lol

Nationality: Dutch
What is
Your favourite Track?: Zandvoort and Watkins glen
RF2 vehicle/s?: All gt/prototype cars and some open wheelers.
Favourite real world driver?: Mark Webber
You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? I havent got a particular one.
Do you prefer Gym or Lounge?: both to be honoust
Beer or wine?: Wine
Do you do your own set-ups?: Depends if i can understand the car and i make progession during a session.
Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014?: Opening drs to early hehehe
Best Sim-Racing result? A few wins in Iracing and other clubraces and a few 4th places in league standings.
Goals for the season? Trying to maximise the effort with my teammate and having fun.

Hi im Bjorn 34 years from Holland. Just got back into simracing now after a small absent for just over a year. My aim is to improve again and have fun and hang around with like minded peope!

I like the simulator David, is it yours and do you use it at home :)

yeah thats my dad, its bloody annoying having him watch me all the time...... :roflmao:

na, that was at knockhill, went to watch the btcc with a couple of good friends, had to have a blast on the simulator, it was running rf1 with f1 mod, at knockhill, i managed 4th overall at the end of the day, sheddon had set a time earlier in the day, about 40 odd folk managed to beat his :laugh:

Nationality: Scottish
What is:

Your favourite Track? Istanbul, Spa, Knockhill

RF2 vehicle/s? BTCC Civic and 3.5

Favourite real world driver? Gordon Shedden

You favourite (or most attractive) movie star or celebrity? Melissa Raunch just now (Kaley Cuoco is too mainstream :geek:)

Do you prefer Gym or Lounge? Lounge, although mostly on my PC chair

Beer or wine? Guinness :D

Do you do your own set-ups? Usually, unless I'm struggling then one of my team mates donate one :coffee:

Trickiest bit of the Fr 3.5 2014? Not sure, previous version it was the slow speed corners.

Best Sim-Racing result? 4th at Laguna in the GT3's, no mistakes, managed the race without pitting and my lap times were all within a couple of tenths of each other which was a first.

Goals for the season? Be first of the non-aliens :D

Anything else you want us to know? Nope

What inspired your vehicles skin? Same as Freddy although I was in the league :p

Last edited:
Nationality:
Finland
What is:
Your favourite Track?
Donington
RF2 vehicle/s?
ISI Corvette
Don't really have one but I'll say Marcos Ambrose
Don't know... Shania Twain maybe? :D
Gym
Beer or wine?
Beer
That's the best part of racing sims so of course!
Haven't driven it that much yet so can't really say but I could imagine using DRS effectively to be little tricky as I have never raced cars with DRS.
Best Sim-Racing result?
Reigning overall V-WEC champions with @Aleksi Kivelä
Goals for the season?
First and foremost to beat Aleksi. That won't be easy though as he'll surely be one of the title contenders... (let the mind games begin!)
I'm extremely slow learner of new cars and tracks so it's going to require A LOT of work in the coming weeks if I want to be competitive. Luckily I have a good practice partner in Aleksi, too bad his setups are horrible so he isn't of much help though :roflmao:

Nationality:
Finland
What is:
Your favourite Track?
Donington
RF2 vehicle/s?
ISI Corvette
Don't really have one but I'll say Marcos Ambrose
Don't know... Shania Twain maybe? :D
Gym
Beer or wine?
Beer
That's the best part of racing sims so of course!
Haven't driven it that much yet so can't really say but I could imagine using DRS effectively to be little tricky as I have never raced cars with DRS.
Best Sim-Racing result?
Reigning overall V-WEC champions with @Aleksi Kivelä
Goals for the season?
First and foremost to beat Aleksi. That won't be easy though as he'll surely be one of the title contenders... (let the mind games begin!)
I'm extremely slow learner of new cars and tracks so it's going to require A LOT of work in the coming weeks if I want to be competitive. Luckily I have a good practice partner in Aleksi, too bad his setups are horrible so he isn't of much help though :roflmao:
Nice hope to see you in VSC2 with the ISI Corvette as well:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline