VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a couple of Laps at Fuji, which was really nice (much easier than the FISI).
After the drive I regret it a tiny bit, that I only signed up as TXL's reserve driver.
But I am too much driven to win, if I do a full entry and I am a better GT driver.:cool:

I knew you'd catch the bug Freddy :p you could sign up as an Independent and still be a reserve for us.

I like S1 and 2 of Fuji but S3 is just :poop: probably where I'm dropping the most time.

I knew you'd catch the bug Freddy :p you could sign up as an Independent and still be a reserve for us.

I like S1 and 2 of Fuji but S3 is just :poop: probably where I'm dropping the most time.
Me too, but I drove it in the FISI and then the FR35 is kind of easy through there. You have to take some very wide lines at the end, where you think you will end up in the grass.

If I do a signup I will practice too much :D Have to save that for the next VWEC season, because here I couldnt win, in VWEC we have a chance.

HI. apologies if i missed the answer, but if races are up to 45 minutes, will tyre wear be upped to X2 to make that link with real life strategy?

I'm not aware what the rules of the real F3.5 series will be for next year, but last year they were 45 minutes per race, if I would change it to 2x tyrewear it would probably make it less of a link with real-life strategy.
And this being a 2009 F3.5 car, I'm not sure how the tyres of 2009 would compare to the tyrewear of last year.
If they had 1 1/2 half hour races in 2009 let me know I couldn't find info on that, than 2x tyre wear would make it more a link to real-life strategy.
Probably you are hinting to the mandatory pitstops? That is something I might introduce in some races, and will announce that beforehand if so, but having no mandatory pitstops might also lead to interesting strategies, and that is how we will start. This is something I will asses along the way, to see what gives the best results in exciting races.
If along the season I think that 2x tyrewear could make the racing more interesting, there is a possibility that I will introduce it along the way. If there will be changes mid-way they will be announced a couple of weeks before the change.

I'm not aware what the rules of the real F3.5 series will be for next year, but last year they were 45 minutes per race, if I would change it to 2x tyrewear it would probably make it less of a link with real-life strategy.
And this being a 2009 F3.5 car, I'm not sure how the tyres of 2009 would compare to the tyrewear of last year.
If they had 1 1/2 half hour races in 2009 let me know I couldn't find info on that, than 2x tyre wear would make it more a link to real-life strategy.
Probably you are hinting to the mandatory pitstops? That is something I might introduce in some races, and will announce that beforehand if so, but having no mandatory pitstops might also lead to interesting strategies, and that is how we will start. This is something I will asses along the way, to see what gives the best results in exciting races.
If along the season I think that 2x tyrewear could make the racing more interesting, there is a possibility that I will introduce it along the way. If there will be changes mid-way they will be announced a couple of weeks before the change.
yes, i was hinting at mandatory. i assume we are allowed fresh tyres for the 2nd race?
i'm new to the 3.5 series - never watch real life..

i do know that any decent driver could drive on one set of tyres for 45 minutes - no issues - so they just wouldnt stop

yes, i was hinting at mandatory. i assume we are allowed fresh tyres for the 2nd race?

i do know that any decent driver could drive on one set of tyres for 45 minutes - no issues - so they just wouldnt stop

Yes you are allowed for new tyres for the second race. It might be in real-life that because of the mandatory pitstops, they also need to use the same tyres for a second race, but that is not what I am going to apply.

I also assumed that no pitstops were needed if you drive well, will asses how it goes in the first races. If everyone can easily manage 1 tyre set for 45 minutes, I will likely make changes in the form of a mandatory pitstop, bigger tyrewear or a combination of both.

Participating drivers are welcom to give their feedback on it offcourse during the season. The most important thing for me is to get to a raceformat which is exciting and interesting, and the experience of the races themselves with the feedback of you guys will give me more info to adjust the championship where needed.

That weather thingy that was tested in VWEC that allows you to input say for example a 20% chance of rain and the correct temp could be interesting.
We could use real life weather of that days forecast.

Christopher and Tuomas (2 above posts).
Maybe you guys can make a team? Tuomas if you are running mid pack in FSR WT division you will probably be on it here.
Looking fwd to an awesome season.

Really looking fwd to lining up on a grid of open wheelers in RF2. Ive only raced saloons so far.
2 race format with reversed grids for race 2 should be lots of exciting racing.
Should be a mega season.
Starting testing tonight!

I watched a few Renault World Series (FR 3.5) races and they have no mandatory pit stops and usually don't do any pitstops.

I just had a quick test on the server and everything works ok although I was surprised to see a really grippy track, shouldnt we have it naturally progressing ? also Ian do RD use live racers ? I think they used to but couldnt find any RD servers on there, really handy for seeing who's on the server and for times and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 34.1%