VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a quick test on the server and everything works ok although I was surprised to see a really grippy track, shouldnt we have it naturally progressing ? also Ian do RD use live racers ? I think they used to but couldnt find any RD servers on there, really handy for seeing who's on the server and for times and so on.

It's about 500 laps of rubber, will set it later with less rubber later this week.
As far as I know we don't use that, can ask other staff if we use it and or what we can offer, will look into what that is We had a program running in the past which said if someone whas online etc, will ask what is possible.

Very nice indeed, if someone can skin me a 95 Williams we can have some on track battles :thumbsup:

Hey Martin,

Interested in a '94 Willams?
GRAB_555.JPG

I actually use t-cam in rF1 quite often, it's not always easy to see in cockpit view... didn't kow this was FSR:p
i'm just wondering, I think you can change your own settings so that you can see better over the nose and even move further back. I did this in the marussia when I felt the field of vision was blocked/inaccurate. the f3.5 cockpit is ok but I feel almost too far forward. I will have a play with it. I'm same speed in either position but I just has a slight preference for T-cam to make it seem more like on telly :)

i'm just wondering, I think you can change your own settings so that you can see better over the nose and even move further back. I did this in the marussia when I felt the field of vision was blocked/inaccurate. the f3.5 cockpit is ok but I feel almost too far forward. I will have a play with it. I'm same speed in either position but I just has a slight preference for T-cam to make it seem more like on telly :)

Yep that is possible, with the letters Q, W, E, S, you can move forwards backward upwards and down, in combination with ctrl or shift you can change mirrors I believe to adjust to new position..

The stunning Figjam Racing FR 3.5 will be making its debut public appearance on the server tonight.
The invitation only media release will be followed by a short aero test then a long run tyre assessment.

I want to make a much more modest post now.
Well after a couple of nights working on Fuji I thought I had a reasonable starting point for setup.
I couldnt get on to RD so downloaded a random Fuji track It was V1:01. Once I got the correct one here I was in all sorts of trouble. My setup which was good for a mid 1:32 on full fuel was twitchy as anything and I was in high 1:34s when I could finish a lap.
My esteemed team mate who is kind of relying on me to engineer setups:geek: reverted to the default one instead of mine. :cry:
Highly embarrassing.
So about 100 laps later and after working on stuff as obscure as front and rear toe in/out and some Motec action there has been no one easy answer ( i had hoped it was just me running too much wing...not that one.) I have got down to low 1:32 on full fuel.
I was online and one guy was in the 1:30 area so I have a way to go. Glad this race is 3 weeks away:redface:

I'm really making hard work out of this car/track combination but its a rich learning curve.
I am genetically incapable of using a default setup thats all.
See you on track soon.
Oh the car yes it looks stunning. Just needs a bit more engineering and driving is all.

I did something like 1:31.5 at best when I went on the track to get the feel of the car. Used some poor setups I made out of the default ones. With proper setups I'd get below 1:31 without much of a problem. And yes, my tank was pretty full.

i did some laps for a couple of nights and have decided to just not practise for about 2 weeks. i need a break. i think setup effects are more limited on these cars. i would say about 1 second can be gained from a good setup. i just hope the track isn't green.

Yeah, like in rF1. But it still doesn't reach the heights of the t-cam view. I just see the whole car and the available space better.

Well, don't tell me later I hadn't warned you:roflmao:

EDIT: Does it matter if we already use build 382 as base?

Yeah, like in rF1. But it still doesn't reach the heights of the t-cam view. I just see the whole car and the available space better.

Well, don't tell me later I hadn't warned you:roflmao:

EDIT: Does it matter if we already use build 382 as base?

Should be ok I hope, i've just updated my rFactor 2 build, I suppose everyone will need to update Ian ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 406 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 256 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 275 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.5%
Back