RD BMW M235i Racing Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricoow

Premium
tDjKPJB.jpg

If you want to participate in the newest championship you need to sign up here.
Sign-up Form said:
Name:
Teamname:
I have read and understood the notes: Yes/No
Notes:
- By signing up you agree that you have read and understood the league rules and that you will always follow these rules.
- By signing up you commit yourself to a full season of this series. Not attending an event without leaving a report of absence or not attending to multiple events (you can miss only one event when you notice us in time) may result in disqualification from the cup.

- Keep this thread clean only for signups please, all other posts belong in the general discussion.

Last edited:
People, please be patient, sending Sunny PM's will not speed up the process of template creation! We are going to look if we can get it released earlier, however be aware that not all drivers may be entered in the league after Pre-Qualification and that you could be creating a skin which is never to be used again.

Thanks @Sunny Sky Speed will await the template and see how I get on!
Release date for templates have been shortened to 13th May.
There will be a template for the pitboard, helmet, suit (no gloves) and car so you can really personalize the skin. All logo's are fixed, please respect this.
Names and numbers must be put on the places where I have forseen it. It's a seperate layer in each template to make things easier. Driver names and numbers in following places:
pitboard : where it says "name number"
helmet : where it says "name number"
car : numbers in number plates on sides and roof. name on the window banner that is included in the template files.
@Ricardo : important to give each registered player a number by the 13th May.

When templates are being released, I'll recap the complete regulation for skins.
Templates are now 99% ready!!

See my FB account (profile page) for Ricardo's pace car / race control unit. Special delivery by me. This design will be used for 15 cars.
Hope you like it, people.
Keep in mind I need the designs not be too complicated because off time issues.
The flags on the hood will be replaced by the competition logo for the participants. The black section in the number plate will have "M235i RC" added into it. The name above the number plate is not of appliance for participants.
11220823_1578275682448830_5598930345756131252_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. Can't wait to get my hands on the template. I assume the number plates x3 and 'flags' are the only things I'll need to keep? Everything else can be changed when I make my own?

1/Logo's and number plates on the car are fixed and may not be (re)moved or replaced, with exception from my personal logo, which you can keep, delete or replace with an own logo (but on the same place!).

2/The flags on the side are part of the livery, they are not included in the template of the car or the pitboard. The striping is also not included in the template, so there's quite some free space for making your own skin.

3/The flags on the hood are part of the pace car skin, not part of the participant skins. They will have the BMW M235i Racing Cup logo by RaceDepartment on the hood, which may not be removed or replaced.

4/All logo's and number plates in all templates (pitboard, helmet, suit, car, window banner) are to be kept in place and may not be replaced, with exception from my personal SSSS logo.
There are 2 good reasons for this:

-uniformity and simplicity for the RD competition monitors. I placed the RD logo's that way an RD logo is seen from every angle but do not interfere too much with the creation of liveries.

-legal issues can cause serious consequences when logo's are being used from companies which are not (yet) linked in a direct way with Assetto Corsa or are not in the game. Therefore I chose to use only RD logo's, the BMW M235i RC logo from RD and the Dunlop logo seen on the front bumper (it's just there, not my work) and the tyres. The main problem is that these races are being broadcast (with live coverage?) and then these legal issues come into discussion.
SO PLEASE, respect this decision. It has occurred in recent history an author of a skin has been fined heavily (€7000!!) for an infringement of this kind.

5/ The templates will all have multiple layers for each logo, number plate, base color, striping. The base color will be set to white as standard, the striping layer can be used for your livery design. It's just there to help you, off course one can add layers as much as they want to create the livery.
There's also a layer called "name" and/or "number" in the pitboard, helmet and window banner template. This is where you need to put your name and/or number off course, preferrably in that size and on that spot as close as possible. Font isn't important as long as I can read it.
It speaks for itself that you put the numbers into the number plates;)

For now that's all I have on regulation, I'll include a README file with the templates.

Thanks. Have made a start at creating something so that when the template is released, I should be able to replicate it with the logos etc in place :)

Well, made a little start tonight. Steep learning curve this photoshop malarkey! Have figured out how to make the layers different stages of shiny/matte and a couple of other things but this is what I have managed so far. Very early stages.

progress_zpsmayehbqz.jpg

Forza is so much easier getting lines to match up on different panels. Because you can move layers on the fly and its obvious where they are. Photoshop will win out in the end as I wont need to spend 6 hours per logo using 500 layers!!

Oh, and any pointers on getting nice straight lines to match the bodywork? The bonnet is curved when flattened out so looks fairly smooth but when it gets put on the car, it appears more wiggly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back