Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
The mod is nice but the injectors doesn't func.

I choose the Ingenieur and the i Double Click in d20. Nothing going on if i develope Parts.

Must i copy the mmain to the mm folder?

What Must i do?

flamingred i will test your changes with enzo's mod. i've done the work by myself. i only left out the part suppliers and championship txt.file + the injector.files. i might add the injector later on. right now it seems like everything is working. just came in to change setup and noticed the increase for time needed. thanx!!! will test on a long term save.

you'll have to insert the txt.files flamingred provided in his download into enzos asset.file via Unity Bundle Asset Extractor. i left out two of those txt.files and what can i say, superb experience!!!
but i guess it will only last as long as a new patch will come out...

I should be able to update this mod quite quickly after a patch. And if you start with the real life cosmetics and names, they will stay with you in current save files.

A lot of my balance mod will need me to patch to keep working though. But you can probably do that manuly with the vanilla patch and my text filrs

the changes you've made to redzone (adding +10 with every new developed part) is a good idea but the problem is it will never go down as the season progresses, and it should go down, the better your team (HQ) is the quicker you should improve reliability of your cars. this also happens in real formula 1. i dont know if it's possible to implement this element to the asset.file.
im just 3 races into the season so i dont know how this redzone-punishment will work out... we'll see.

yes, it is a challenge but too static, it should be dynamic...

the changes you've made to redzone (adding +10 with every new developed part) is a good idea but the problem is it will never go down as the season progresses, and it should go down, the better your team (HQ) is the quicker you should improve reliability of your cars. this also happens in real formula 1. i dont know if it's possible to implement this element to the asset.file.
im just 3 races into the season so i dont know how this redzone-punishment will work out... we'll see.

yes, it is a challenge but too static, it should be dynamic...

As a concept it works fine, the AI don't mind it too much. It does go down as the season progresses, but it will return to normal the next season. It offers the player a dilemma, reliability vs performance. In the Vanilla game, it was easy to get things to 70 reliability, and then reliability means nothing. With this, the more you push the bounds of performance, the more you have to contend with the increased red zone problems. It also promotes using the -X red zones aspects. And it makes the mechanics who can do that as a skill kings!

As red zone is reset to 20% next season, there is no long term effects. Red zones USED to carry over in the first version of the game, but that was a bug. The game was using taking the '+/- X% red zone' and used that in next years part, instead of the Final Performance Value.

You can easily race in the red zone. It really doesn't slow the car at all. It's only an issue if it gets to 0, where you retire or snail around the racetrack. So it can easily be handled, but still will make you look after your parts, or pit to repair them, or hope they don't break. It's a feature I think works well from testing, but things like this is always going to boil down to personal taste. I have my vision, lots of others will have different visions.

I'd love to implement randomness into it, dynamic and not a static +10% but alas that wasn't possible. Yet.

I haven't tried adding lots of new components. I could easily make loads, different values, different red zones. Etc. It's on my to do list to test to see if it's possible. I've not done it yet because (1) I don't know if the game will use my newly created car components, it maybe pre programmed to only use the ones already created and (2) each component has an 'image' which states what the component does - and I am no artist so I don't edit them, or create new ones. Which is why I didn't add the +10% red zone to the on screen display.

It's something to try one day.

Last edited:

can anyone upload a combined mod? Vanilla+ 2016 Mod VIP?
Vanilla + 2016 mod is just the 2016 mod
Ok 2016 Mod then
i only would like to know how to have the balance mod and real team names et at same time.
Also i dont understand how the injectors work. If i start any of them i see no changes and also no text.
After few tries to start injector the game only crash.

Edit: Ok i get the injector to start in windowed mode
Is the resources.assets still needed then?
And i have a resources.assets in the folder MM_data/Recources too
Must i replace this one too?

Last edited:

can anyone upload a combined mod? Vanilla+ 2016 Mod VIP?

Ok 2016 Mod then
i only would like to know how to have the balance mod and real team names et at same time.
Enzoli has already expressed interest in merging mods. Be patient and I am sure he'll make a version if he feels that my mod will benefit his.
Also i dont understand how the injectors work. If i start any of them i see no changes and also no text.
After few tries to start injector the game only crash.

Edit: Ok i get the injector to start in windowed mode
Is the resources.assets still needed then?
And i have a resources.assets in the folder MM_data/Recources too
Must i replace this one too?

My written English isn't the best, but I feel I made some half decent instructions on how to install the mod. I'd suggest following them

1 question. I Hope there comes a patch soon (1.2), how does ur mod work with the New Patch? Is there a lot of new work to make it compatible??

I said not many posts up that it's normally going to be a quick affair, normally just importing the files I've provided already, so you can wait for me to update within a couple of days, or do it yourself if impatient.

Of course, of the devs make balances, I may need to re-balance my changes to keep things even. That may take longer as more testing would be needed - but that's to be expected given the fact that the game is still being actively developed.

The injectors often dont work and when try to reload them the game crash

The only time I get crashes with the injector is if I try to inject while MM is already being injected. I have never had a crash based on trying to inject. Either it fails to inject (no messages - so you need to re-try the injector) or it works.

Of course, I have tested this on only two PCs. I only have access to two PCs. So I really cannot troubleshoot problems who are running different setups. I simply don't have the resources to replicate the errors based on other systems. So I am afraid your on your own.

So, another steam user has taught me all about Reflexi... which allows me to edit the Dll's in a different way. So I am able to make some 'alternative' methods of variable/gameplay changes by editing the Assembly CSharp.dll directly.

I'll save these new changes for when the devs release a new patch - but I have two new features available already

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play