Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Oh man. Well it explains the +45 you once saw, as that would have broke the 20cap like this brakes the 5. Can you hover over the morale and if if the 'recent' morale change is broken down further, it if it still says Race +20

Also. Was it the left most driver?

Last edited:
The left most driver is where I'm seeing additional boosts too. I wonder if that driver slot is coded incorrectly and can break the cap - my 6th place driver was on the left too.

Either that, or indeed there's other things which alter morale post race not included by the cap.

Hi FlamingRed, just some interview feedback. My driver was expected to be 6th an came 5th. Got this interview question:

5.jpg

Yeah he did better but much better, I don't know. So is just a wrong expression and the interview is alright or is that a bug?

Hi FlamingRed, just some interview feedback. My driver was expected to be 6th an came 5th. Got this interview question:

View attachment 168841

Yeah he did better but much better, I don't know. So is just a wrong expression and the interview is alright or is that a bug?

This could be interesting in determining what's being used. This driver was expected 6th and case 5th.

What is your chairman objective? I'll have a look at this tonight

View attachment 168841

It shouldn't have some up... it's designed to come up when "driverpositionvsexpectation" <= -4
In other words, did 4 or better places then everyone was expecting him.

Did you start the season with the driver? Or import him from reserve mid season? Him having reserve status maybe playing a factor here... maybe cause he is a reserve, he's expected to come in last?

There seems to be a few neuences which we've uncovered by activating interviews again.

The one who came 5th isn't the reserve driver. He is the Main driver of Car 2 (2nd driver contract status). And he is already 2-3 season with me. The Interview question is about him (not the main driver who has reserve contract status, driver of Car 1).

Quick Note: By the way that was the 2nd question of the interview, does that change anything.

I know that you have said that Dilemmas and Tweets are going to be worked on and changed in the future, and you will be creating a separate topic for this soon. However, I came across something yesterday that I remembered that I wanted to mention here that I believe needs to be removed or changed in this game.

It is this Dilemma in the picture below that I am talking about which I believe needs to be removed from the game altogether, or at least to make it not so easy for the player to purchase this it needs to be made X2 or X3 the cost for the player to purchase it.

2i20uxf.jpg

Right now this Dilemma and the price it costs to the player is making the game too easy for the player to advance their car development very quickly and easily, when it shouldn't really be so simple as this for the player to quickly improve their car. So I believe this Dilemma should be removed from the game completely, or if it remains in the game it needs to be X2 or X3 the cost to purchase the upgrade if the player would like to purchase it.

"","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 0; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= -3; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} performed decently, finishing in {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. What are your thoughts?","PSG_10007324","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverDidWell;","","","","","","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} a fait une performance moyenne en se classant {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Qu'en pensez-vous ?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha fatto una buona prestazione, terminando al {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} posto. Che cosa ne pensi?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} hat eine gute Leistung gebracht und schloss als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} ab. Was meinen Sie?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha tenido una buena actuación. ¿Qué opinas?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} teve um bom desempenho e chegou em {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Qual a sua opinião?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} heeft een redelijke prestatie geleverd door te eindigen als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Wat vind jij?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} korrekten teljesített, {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} lett. Mit gondolsz erről?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} nieźle sobie radzi i kończy na {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} pozycji. Co o tym uważasz?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} показывает неплохой результат - {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}-е место. Что вы об этом думаете?"

"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= -4; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} did much better than expected, coming in {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}… you must be happy with that!","PSG_10007325","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverDidWell;","","","","","","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} a dépassé les attentes en se classant {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}... cela vous satisfait-il ?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha fatto molto meglio del previsto arrivando al {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} posto... ne sarai felice!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} hat besser abgeschnitten als erwartet und landete auf dem {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} Platz. Sicher freuen Sie sich darüber?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha conseguido un resultado mucho mejor que lo esperado. Estaréis contentos, supongo...","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} se saiu muito melhor do que o esperado e terminou em {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}... você deve estar feliz com o resultado!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} deed het veel beter dan verwacht door te eindigen als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}… Daar moet je tevreden over zijn!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} sokkal jobban szerepelt, mint várták, a(z) {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} helyre futott be… nyilván örülsz neki!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} przerasta oczekiwania, kończąc na {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} pozycji... Na pewno cieszy cię ten wynik!","Никто не ожидал, что {#2PlayerDriver:Name} займет {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}-е место… Наверное, вы очень этим довольны!"

I was looking inside the Interviews.txt file. Normally my driver should get the upper 2.question but instead he got the lower one. So while I was looking I saw that the upper one doesn't have the "Interviews" on the beginning while the lower one has. Maybe the game can't find it while the first entry (It's the "Game Area" tag I believe) is missing. Could that be the problem FlamingRed?

Hi,

Thank for your work. Only one question, does he work with the 2016 mod ?
Only if you use rhe Assembly and import your the text documents into Enzoli's Resource.assets
I know that you have said that Dilemmas and Tweets are going to be worked on and changed in the future, and you will be creating a separate topic for this soon. However, I came across something yesterday that I remembered that I wanted to mention here that I believe needs to be removed or changed in this game.

It is this Dilemma in the picture below that I am talking about which I believe needs to be removed from the game altogether, or at least to make it not so easy for the player to purchase this it needs to be made X2 or X3 the cost for the player to purchase it.

2i20uxf.jpg

Right now this Dilemma and the price it costs to the player is making the game too easy for the player to advance their car development very quickly and easily, when it shouldn't really be so simple as this for the player to quickly improve their car. So I believe this Dilemma should be removed from the game completely, or if it remains in the game it needs to be X2 or X3 the cost to purchase the upgrade if the player would like to purchase it.

The question is: How often does this dilemma come up? I haven't seen it enough to think it needs to be removed, but I like the idea of a cost increase. The AI have the same dilemmas though, so I wouldn't want it to be too expensive for them though.

"","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 0; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= -3; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} performed decently, finishing in {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. What are your thoughts?","PSG_10007324","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverDidWell;","","","","","","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} a fait une performance moyenne en se classant {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Qu'en pensez-vous ?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha fatto una buona prestazione, terminando al {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} posto. Che cosa ne pensi?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} hat eine gute Leistung gebracht und schloss als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} ab. Was meinen Sie?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha tenido una buena actuación. ¿Qué opinas?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} teve um bom desempenho e chegou em {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Qual a sua opinião?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} heeft een redelijke prestatie geleverd door te eindigen als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}. Wat vind jij?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} korrekten teljesített, {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} lett. Mit gondolsz erről?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} nieźle sobie radzi i kończy na {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} pozycji. Co o tym uważasz?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} показывает неплохой результат - {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}-е место. Что вы об этом думаете?"

"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= -4; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} did much better than expected, coming in {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}… you must be happy with that!","PSG_10007325","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverDidWell;","","","","","","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} a dépassé les attentes en se classant {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}... cela vous satisfait-il ?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha fatto molto meglio del previsto arrivando al {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} posto... ne sarai felice!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} hat besser abgeschnitten als erwartet und landete auf dem {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} Platz. Sicher freuen Sie sich darüber?","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} ha conseguido un resultado mucho mejor que lo esperado. Estaréis contentos, supongo...","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} se saiu muito melhor do que o esperado e terminou em {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}... você deve estar feliz com o resultado!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} deed het veel beter dan verwacht door te eindigen als {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}… Daar moet je tevreden over zijn!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} sokkal jobban szerepelt, mint várták, a(z) {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} helyre futott be… nyilván örülsz neki!","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} przerasta oczekiwania, kończąc na {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} pozycji... Na pewno cieszy cię ten wynik!","Никто не ожидал, что {#2PlayerDriver:Name} займет {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}-е место… Наверное, вы очень этим довольны!"

I was looking inside the Interviews.txt file. Normally my driver should get the upper 2.question but instead he got the lower one. So while I was looking I saw that the upper one doesn't have the "Interviews" on the beginning while the lower one has. Maybe the game can't find it while the first entry (It's the "Game Area" tag I believe) is missing. Could that be the problem FlamingRed?
#2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= -4;
-4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9.....
and
#2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 0; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= -3;
0, -1 -2 -3

They Don't overlap, so you shouldn't get the first one if the second one triggers. The game, for some unknown reason, believes that your expected race position is much lower then otherwise stated.

Feel free to put a "Interviews" and see how it goes though. It loads automatically, so you can fiddle with the file until the correct interview comes up and work out whats going on.

Last edited:
The question is: How often does this dilemma come up? I haven't seen it enough to think it needs to be removed, but I like the idea of a cost increase. The AI have the same dilemmas though, so I wouldn't want it to be too expensive for them though.

I have seen it 3 times since the beginning of my game save, so that is 3 times from 2016-2023 so once every 3 years. Once for new brakes, once for new suspension, now for a new gearbox. So you are correct, not too often.

However a shortcut to development of your car for the player (and maybe even for the AI) is something I believe should come at a very high cost to the player, after all it is a shortcut to all the hard work and time spent developing the car. Like for example, the picture I attached, that should not cost only $1.500,000 to the player to purchase the best gearbox on the grid, that costs way too little for such a large advancement of car development in an overnight shortcut where the player gets given the best gearbox on the grid straight away. It should be maybe X2 or X3 this price to get such a major development advance straight away. This makes it too easy and quick and not so expensive for the player to be equal to the AI for a certain part of their car. This type of quick and major development advance should come at a much higher cost to the player.

I will also add here that there is a risk involved to the player for doing this already, as I found out in my game as I purchased a new suspension from a rival team through this type of dilemma and it was a risky part which I was caught with and it got banned. But I didn't know this at the time becuase the game doesn't tell you in that dilemma if the part is risky or not.

I had no idea that the AI have the same dilemmas to the player as well, thanks for letting me know this. It is good to know that they have to go through the same things that the player does.

I have seen it 3 times since the beginning of my game save, so that is 3 times from 2016-2023 so once every 3 years. Once for new brakes, once for new suspension, now for a new gearbox. So you are correct, not too often.

However a shortcut to development of your car for the player (and maybe even for the AI) is something I believe should come at a very high cost to the player, after all it is a shortcut to all the hard work and time spent developing the car. Like for example, the picture I attached, that should not cost only $1.500,000 to the player to purchase the best gearbox on the grid, that costs way too little for such a large advancement of car development in an overnight shortcut where the player gets given the best gearbox on the grid straight away. It should be maybe X2 or X3 this price to get such a major development advance straight away. This makes it too easy and quick and not so expensive for the player to be equal to the AI for a certain part of their car. This type of quick and major development advance should come at a much higher cost to the player.

I will also add here that there is a risk involved to the player for doing this already, as I found out in my game as I purchased a new suspension from a rival team through this type of dilemma and it was a risky part which I was caught with and it got banned. But I didn't know this at the time becuase the game doesn't tell you in that dilemma if the part is risky or not.

I had no idea that the AI have the same dilemmas to the player as well, thanks for letting me know this. It is good to know that they have to go through the same things that the player does.

For the sake of the AI, I'd keep it the same cost.

But I'd make it so that there was a -75% chairman rating to it. Have him angry, and that your job is at risk.

Feel free to put a "Interviews" and see how it goes though. It loads automatically, so you can fiddle with the file until the correct interview comes up and work out whats going on.

I did and it work like a charm. 9th race, same positons as the 6th race. Driver was expected 6 and came 5. This time I get the right question.

Right One.jpg

Edit:
And here is the 10th race. Same driver was expected 6th and came 3th.

Right One Again.jpg

These are the triggers for the Interview as FlamingRed showed:
#2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 0;
#2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= -3;
#2PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2

Seems it work fine now.

Edit 2:
1- Loyalty drops even when I fire the AI generated drivers. (The ones with Rolling Contract Status and under 1 star rating). Is that a bug or did you that on purpose?

2- Scouted a young driver

Before Signing.jpg

and hired her as reserve driver and when I put her on a Main driver seat this happened

After Signing.jpg

So I think the quadruple is some how bugged. I mean, her unsigned skill growth and signed reserve driver seat skill growth are the same but when I put her on a main driver seat her grow rate drops fourfold. I tried this with other drivers and it seems to happen only with generated young drivers. It seems like generated young drivers start with quadruple skill growth. They continue that same skill growth as long as they don't reach higher age or peak status (witch lowers grow rate) or are not signed anything else then as reserve driver contract status + reserve seat. But when you put them on main driver seat their skill growth drops quadruple. So reserve driver seat doesn't quadruple the growth it keeps it the same as the generated driver starts and when you take the driver of the reserve seat it drops.

Edit 3:
Here is 5th Season Fan Base research. Start form 5th Season Start to 6 Season Start. Used the tactic that you suggested Flaming Red (Take of the good parts between races and put them on Race days)

Fan Base.jpg

Last edited:
@interviews.
Wow, that's weird,

I'm glad it's working, but it perplexes me that it would just choose the next interview if the "interview' word is missing.

Anyway, thanks for that. I won't update the mod just for one extra interview - as it isn't game breaking, but I've put the "interview" line in my file and will be fixed when I next update.

@loyalty
I didn't change how firing works. The way the drop is triggered makes no sense to me. I just hope that loyaltys extra boost compensates for the number of people that are fired (I have it set to 5 people over two seasons).

@reserve
This is kinda working as intended, when you hire a reserve driver, your team puts her in kind if a "training program" where she's trained 100% of the time and her stats grow like crazy.

When you put her in the main seat, instead of training, she now has to "media responsibilities, huge prep for race weekends, etc". Her time in the training program is over and her stats growth fall, bejcausenshes now a main driver, not a reserve.

@fanbase

I am clueless. It should be going up but it isn't. The math made sense (whenever I posted it). I'll make a new post here tonight and see if anyone sees something I've missed.

Is anyone seeing any rise in fanbase at all? (Maybe when I swapped two things round in a equation, I swapped them the wrong way).

Last edited:
@interviews
No problem, always happy to help :D

@loyalty
I lost almost 1/4 - 1/5 points (that would make %20-25) by firing the temporary driver. :(

@reserve
Good to know that it works as supposed to be. :thumbsup:

@fanbase
Would love to see it's changing with success or failure but it's not game breaking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 28.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%