Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Got one of the new interviews today, after our chat about how I hadn't seen any for ages. Was a positive one, one I don't recall ever seeing before. Was nice being able to say 6th, for a driver expected to be 14th, was a good thing for once.

You're right in that I've never seen that one too. This mod is getting big now :p Maybe I should begin recruiting a team.

Always happy to help if you need anything. :D

The best "Delighted" green face has tiny + effect. All the others are slightly (to extremely) negative. Remember that you can get back 10% each race. So as long as the total is not lower then -10% loss, you have the potential to improve morale.

That's great work. Will try it out as soon download is complete.

I don't believe if a person is "pinched" by the AI that it will lower loyalty.
If you let the driver leave, and get the replacement (on a rolling contract) I don't believe hiring someone over them counts as a loyalty penalty.
If it does, I'll have to reevaluate that stat.

Just to clarify, it's not the firing of the rolling contract that gives you the Loyalty hit, it's not renewing the contract of actual staff and drivers. Any contracts that lapse on the 31st of Dec give you a .2 hit whether they were willing to renew or not.

Not sure about if a driver gets pinched. Looking at the code, there just isn't a distinction between firing somebody and not renewing them.

Loyalty is incredibly powerful when it's maxed out, contract renewals are super easy and you can get 4-5 star staff and drivers at about 50% of value and no bonuses, so you don't want to have the stat increase too much.
The main issue is falling into the loop if loyalty falls below 2, so maybe have the default loyalty start at 4?

guys could someone please clarify for me when does the trait "driver X feels pressure if the sponsor's goal is 3rd place" (for example). what triggers this event? the settings in driver's contract or my sponsor's pick before the race? in my first race Bottas had some drops in certain skills and im confused because my choice was a sponsor with the target to get 10th place or better...

guys could someone please clarify for me when does the trait "driver X feels pressure if the sponsor's goal is 3rd place" (for example). what triggers this event? the settings in driver's contract or my sponsor's pick before the race? in my first race Bottas had some drops in certain skills and im confused because my choice was a sponsor with the target to get 10th place or better...

Normally it is the Sponsor's goal that you pick before the race, but maybe it could be bugged. Can you post pics with the drops in skill and the drivers traits?

Just to clarify, it's not the firing of the rolling contract that gives you the Loyalty hit, it's not renewing the contract of actual staff and drivers. Any contracts that lapse on the 31st of Dec give you a .2 hit whether they were willing to renew or not.

Not sure about if a driver gets pinched. Looking at the code, there just isn't a distinction between firing somebody and not renewing them.

Loyalty is incredibly powerful when it's maxed out, contract renewals are super easy and you can get 4-5 star staff and drivers at about 50% of value and no bonuses, so you don't want to have the stat increase too much.
The main issue is falling into the loop if loyalty falls below 2, so maybe have the default loyalty start at 4?

Ah, well, I want it raise by 1 a year. It currently raises 1.5 per year. And you lose 0.2 per not renewing a contract,

Therefore if you let two contracts lapse, say both drivers yearly, then you lose 0.4. This still puts you up per year by 1.1

So it's about right, every two years it goes up by 3. And to keep it average, you can let 5 contracts lapse without being down in loyalty.

it seems to be bugged but i don't know if it's game or maybe mod related... i will have to cancel this save if it can not be solved because it makes no sense to me and as you can see the drop in skills is quite strong. i will test Mercedes cause i know Hamilton has also bonuses for finishing in x place. i wonder if his stats will also be reduced.

Bottas Overview (contract, skills, trait)
Sponsor's Pick before the race

Edit:
i need i driver who also has the same trait as Bottas "underperforming under pressure". Just saw that Hamilton has indeed certain bonuses for finishing in x place but does not share the same trait. does anybody know a driver in enzoli's mod with the same trait as Bottas.

Attachments

• MM 2017-01-20 20-01-37-21.jpg
    MM 2017-01-20 20-01-37-21.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 152
  • MM 2017-01-20 20-01-48-21.jpg
    MM 2017-01-20 20-01-48-21.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
This picture show that he has the trait but not that is activated during race. Do you have a picture in the race that shows that the trait is active. Or after the Race where your drivers get +skill points. Does it show +500 skill raise. Other wise how are you sure that the trait is activated?

Quick Note: This is the trait code line.

204,Struggles Under Pressure,PSG_10007661,"I don't like the sponsors breathing down my neck!""""",PSG_10007687,Permanent,,,,,,,8,,,-5,,,,,,,,,,SponsorTop3,Only applies when the sponsor bonus objective is 3rd or above.,PSG_10009839,,,,,,,,,,,,

Something is weird here. Normally this trait is opposite to Fearless (Furchtlos) [The slot that number 8 is on shows opposite traits]. So they shouldn't appear together.

i know it's activated because while in training or quali you can move the mouse over the driver's profile and look at his stats. and his stats are down -5 & before the race you also noticce that "his" tyres do not last as long as Massa's. and while racing it's even more obvious if you look at Botta's tyre wear compared to Massa. something is not right!

i use the fixed 1.2h (1). i will check the txt.file

edit: the txt. line is the same as yours. so either it is indeed activated by bonuses in his contract or something is wrong with the code/it's interpretation...

i mean one could look at it from two sides. sponsor's bonus in his contract or player's pick of a certain sponsor before the race. in both cases we are looking at sponsor bonuses which apply to certain results for the upcoming race. so which one is it??? if you look at his contract, this comes to my mind:"what existed first, the egg or the chicken?" to me it does not make a lot of sense having this kinda trait and at the same time a bonus like he has in his contract at the start of a new career.
if im looking at the pick of a sponsor before the race, the trait is not working the right way...

i hope you can understand me guys... it's quite confusing ;)

Last edited:
I thing when they made the game it was intended to activate when you choose a sponsor with 3rd or higher place. But somehow it get bugged. To be sure we need more examples. If some other people come across the same trait and look how their game end up then we could do a better decision. Will keep an eye on it.

I have a bug to report. The Morale after the race for a driver is capped to 5%, yet in some circumstances that cap can be broken.I have no idea what the trigger is, so if more people are seeing a +x% with over 5, please report and let me know if you noticed any conditions which may be impacting this issue.

oAMuXGuQu.png

Last edited:
On a more serious note.

I need to know if anyone has ever seen any evidence of Track Rubber effectively increasing the speed (decreasing laptimes) in Practice, Qualification or the Race.

I say this because I have found zero evidence of this what so ever, both in gameplay and the code. For example, I did a test with Steinmen, in the USA oval. Using only my two cars, I ran Identical Setups and keep both Minimum push value to give the same cold tyres / brakes. I did 3 runs early, middle and end of the session to find that track rubber did nothing noticeable. I repeated this several times to no avail.

So If anyone has any evidence of track rubber doing anything, please let me know.

Otherwise, I'll be looking to release a newly coded "rubber now increases speed" mechanic I've already got working (as I can now repeat the above experiment to have ever decreasing lap times) in with the next patch :D. It might give a bit more of a strategic play to qualifying as being the last over the line, may well be just those few tenths quicker.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, hope you are all well. For the problem you can see that the Feedback stat doesn't add up

More Feedback.jpg

Base stat is = 8 / Chatty Trait = +5 / Renewed Passion Trait = +5 / It should be 18 and normally it is. But the Feedback point on pre-practice driver selection screen shows 19. There is no other trait that gives point, so do I miss something or is this a bug?

Quick Note: It's the same for the other driver and she has no other trait than Entourage. Her Feedback skill is 6 but shows 7 on the pre-practice driver selection page.

2nd problem is with Radio feedback in Practice. Driver wants the Handling stiffer bu the setup is like this;

Stiffer.jpg

So either the radio feedback is wrong or my knowledge about car setup (actually could be, I am not that good at car mechanics). So which one is it people?

Last edited:
Has it dropped from 19 to 18 during the season? I noticed I had a driver in decline, and they had lost 1 point of feedback between races, but still held their feedback score from when the season started.

I mentioned the suspension feedback being flipped to Red on Steam the other day, it's one of the things I think he will be looking into.

Hi everybody, hope you are all well. For the problem you can see that the Feedback stat doesn't add up

View attachment 168803

Base stat is = 8 / Chatty Trait = +5 / Renewed Passion Trait = +5 / It should be 18 and normally it is. But the Feedback point on pre-practice driver selection screen shows 19. There is no other trait that gives point, so do I miss something or is this a bug?

Quick Note: It's the same for the other driver and she has no other trait than Entourage. Her Feedback skill is 6 but shows 7 on the pre-practice driver selection page.

2nd problem is with Radio feedback in Practice. Driver wants the Handling stiffer bu the setup is like this;

View attachment 168805

So either the radio feedback is wrong or my knowledge about car setup (actually could be, I am not that good at car mechanics). So which one is it people?

Outside chance but: Did your reserve driver have a score of 19 - but you promoted him to the be a main driver?

Has it dropped from 19 to 18 during the season? I noticed I had a driver in decline, and they had lost 1 point of feedback between races, but still held their feedback score from when the season started.

I mentioned the suspension feedback being flipped to Red on Steam the other day, it's one of the things I think he will be looking into.

It seems it's only the suspension message which is the wrong way around, in that no one has mentioned any others. It's such a minor thing, that I may wait to see if it's fixed in the next devs patch as it's an area they have already looked into fixing once - and then if they don't I'll fix it myself when I update the mod to be compatible to 1.3.

Outside chance but: Did your reserve driver have a score of 19 - but you promoted him to the be a main driver?

The driver that is mentioned is Main driver (2nd driver status, 2nd Car). Didn't swap him with with reserve this season. His Feedback Skill is now 18 + %54 (progress) + 0.33 (per week).
The other driver is Main driver too (but Reserve driver status, 1st Car) Feedback is 6 + %53 (progress) + 0.39 (per week).
Both are 19 year old, have empty stars, didn't peak and still weekly growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%