rF2 V8 Supercars @ Bathurst - Sunday January 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to cry:boohoo:.

Practice I got into the 2:10's. Had a very poor Qual and Failed to get a quick lap though the time I set was what I'd originally hoped for b4 the event.

Got away well, but Ryan seemed to get bogged down and Piotrek nipped by as he got away well. Out of T1 in 5th. Piotrek was not a full tilt down the straight and I moved into 4th. Was having a scruffy first lap, but very surprised to see Ryan and Rhys go off at the last turn. Now in 2nd I set my personal best in lap 2 of a 2:09.900:ooh:. Where that came from I'm not sure, but then continued to lap in the 2:10's which I was very pleased with :). Ryan moved up to 3rd and was gradually closing whilst I was keeping in touch with Gary in first. I then made a mistake coming down the hill (don't know the track sections names) and spun. Waited for a moment as I knew Ryan was 7 seconds behind and I couldn't see up the hill. He didn't appear and I carefully rejoined stunned to still be in 2nd. Then moments later I was back in the options menu of the game :(.

I went in doors and my wife was cursing the PC in the living room too. Not sure why as my Connection is always solid so I'm gutted as I wanted to finish this race and was looking good for a decent result. Had all continued as it was b4 that lap, it was going to be a tight finish between me and Ryan:(.

Restarting my router has got us back online so I'm guessing it had a fit or it recieved a bloody software update.

So sorry I lost my connection guys as I'd been really looking 4ward to this one and I was enjoying the challenge of these cars at Bathurst.

Well done to whoever won and anyone who brought the cars home. Good stuff from Poitrek as he was improving quickly and thanks for keeping safely out of the way at the chicane mate.

Cheers Ryan and RD for setting up the race :).

Qualifying: 3rd. I'm so sure that if I hadn't crashed on my last qualy lap, I would have run a 2:08.

Race: I had a great start, and slotted in behind Gary, but Ryan was closing in fast. Unfortunately, we came together at the last corner, and I ended up in one of the many gravel traps of death. Took me a small while to get back out, and I tried getting my act back together in 5th. After catching me again after waiting, Ryan was a mere speck in front of me, so I focused on catching up to Michael. I almost caught him on the last lap, when I nearly overtook him coming into the Chase... alas, it was not to be. I'm happy with 4th, because at the very least I managed to finish, something that at Bathurst and in these cars is no mean feat. Grats to Gary for the win, and thanks to Ryan and all else for the event and excellent racing. :D

Thanks to those who showed up.

Great fun soured by my nudge on Rhys at Murrays on the first lap. That cost us both big time. Spent the rest of the race trying to catch Philip and then when he dropped out, just consolidated in second. Bathurst is always good fun though.

Bathurst in these cars deserves at the very least a grid of 10 i would have thought?....anyhoo

Still enjoyed all my lonesome laps,used the opportunity of a nice gap back to second place to run a conservative pace with the view to gradually pick up the speed to about lap 8 or 9,then back it off a bit for a safe finish,overall pleased with how it went,only one small scrape at the wall at Sulman that gave me some yellow dots of damage showing,but no ill effects on the car.
Grats all who finish,and sorry we lost some of our grid with the "technicals" :(.

Thanks Ryan & RD

Sounds like you all had fun, I'm still cursing my PC and kicking my kart... POS's. :(

RD should organise another fun run at Surfer's, I'd loove that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back