tyres_app_ext

Apps tyres_app_ext 4.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please Stop This updated tyres_app_ext with a new update entry:

v3.4 - 18 march 2023

-threaded loading for new/other tyres
-flatspots/blister/grain values better visible
-added brake temp option for ingame ui (will turn off again if not available)
-fixed drawing slipangles, switched to filled-circle for drawing slipratio (was inverted circle before as for load too)
-fixed other small issues

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you make it, so the Flatspots, Blister and Grain are shown constantly?
I don't see an option for this.
there is no option for it, when >0 then it will be shown - and those must be set:
1679154306133.png

or use this lol (remove ".txt" and put file in assettocorsa\apps\python\tyres_app_ext\ ):

Attachments

• tyres_app_ext.py.txt
    300.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My second window (tire info) is under the main window, so it’s unreadable. I can see the text between the tire gaps, but can’t seem to move it without moving the main window as well?

Thank you for letting me use the app. I have a question. Is there a way to activate the temperature display when I play the replay? Like an app that shows the status of the pedal, I want it to work with the running state.

why do other cars don't get the temps correctly? And only the temps didn't work, but the rest is fine. I already put the autoload to True
reason:
Code:
###         doesnt work for all params though (some are from players car only)
###         thats why disabled

ie carcass temps are only available for the players car (at least in python, in lua it probably would work)

for core temps shared memory is read, but thats only available for the player car too ...change it here,
uncomment first line
# comment out second:
1681544507885.png

(other vars lile tyre-wear is also only availabe in shared mem, cant get it for other cars)

Last edited:
Amazing work.
Comment: Maybe I missed but it would be ideal to have the tyre pressure as a delta from ideal as well as the actual pressure
Question: I cannot figure out what the green lines (almost vertical) represent on the right side of right tyres and left side of left tyres. Would appreciate your input.
Thanks again, I've always thought we were missing such a thorough tool.
200% on the delta. I would also suggest a color scheme going from Blue to green, but then instead of just going straight to using shades of red, having a yellow for when you are just above optimal that would just call out the attention that you are pushing too much, or have the wrong setup, without screaming that it's on fire.

The app and options visuals and ui could also be improved somewhat to make it easier to read & setup.

200% on the delta. I would also suggest a color scheme going from Blue to green, but then instead of just going straight to using shades of red, having a yellow for when you are just above optimal that would just call out the attention that you are pushing too much, or have the wrong setup, without screaming that it's on fire.

The app and options visuals and ui could also be improved somewhat to make it easier to read & setup.
you know if you click on one of the right-wheels pressure displays,
it will switch to pressure + delta displayed as well
1698688733633.png

or you want only the delta?

Last edited:
Amazing work.
Comment: Maybe I missed but it would be ideal to have the tyre pressure as a delta from ideal as well as the actual pressure
Question: I cannot figure out what the green lines (almost vertical) represent on the right side of right tyres and left side of left tyres. Would appreciate your input.
Thanks again, I've always thought we were missing such a thorough tool.
the two colored lines on the left show you the active palette,
1698691791460.png

for the tyre-temps and wear separately, which are defined in ...assettocorsa\system\cfg\tyres_app.ini
you can switch tyre temps palette since this version.

(edit:
-added pic
-seems wear colors are upside down, but for actual wear its correct
)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements