rF2 Tuesday August 11th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Vitus GP

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad night.. Sorry to anyone who's event I messed up. Practice went well. Quali didn't (couldn't get a clean lap and I think I messed up Sean Edwards lap - sorry, thought you had come out the pits and was on an out lap).

Offline my system was fine when I tested the night settings. During the race I got stutters as soon as it got darker. Strange - as I have run many a night race (huge grids) before without any problems.

Will withdrawer from the other two events this week until I can do some more testing with the mod at night offline.

Thanks for organising the event.

What was that for a joke ? Sorry but after the darkness came, sometimes i had much light and later i see nothing - almost black screen !!!
Such tracks you can put in the waste container, something was wrong on it with the graphics.
On day conditions i could go but the day/ night change doesn´t work, at least by me. (before i dont know such problems on tracks) And on no grip there is a version 1.01, why we use 1.00. There are fixed some problems, i can´t understand your choice ?

I´m :pissed-off:

Was going really well to start with, car felt good, track was working for me and early on in the race i was steadily moving up as faster people fell off...

Then i slipped wide on one corner and i'm assuming ran over at least 2 black cats, maybe more.

Moments later a second spin broke my wing and punctured a tyre, then after draggin it out i found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time again and again. Appologies to hannu too who arrived on me just after i spun at the busstop.

Was working my way back and fighting up from the mid 20's but at just over the halfway mark my car let go (possible over heating due to long pitstops?)

Still a good race and looking forward to the next one :)

Got disqualified. I got a message saying "Headlights are required now. Press..." but I was in a corner in the Corvette and I didn't know it was a rule, and bam, Back to the garage :(

Gonna try LMP1 next time :)

Thanks for the test, got used to it (but my graphics card didn't. It's a hot potato now and kept skipping frams).

What was that for a joke ? Sorry but after the darkness came, sometimes i had much light and later i see nothing - almost black screen !!!
Such tracks you can put in the waste container, something was wrong on it with the graphics.
On day conditions i could go but the day/ night change doesn´t work, at least by me. (before i dont know such problems on tracks) And on no grip there is a version 1.01, why we use 1.00. There are fixed some problems, i can´t understand your choice ?

I´m :pissed-off:

Well thats the point of these fun test races, tracks get checked to see if they are worthy of the official league.

And 1.1 of the track is just a new trackside camera file, nothing else is changed on it.

Well, one of the best experiences I've had so far in simracing. I've never done a night race before, so it was superb for me. I also saw big graphic problems in this track, but I enjoyed every single moment! Got out of the race right now because rFactor crashed. :( I dont know why rfactor is such an ass sometimes...

A great race overall for me, considering I dont drive rFactor since december last year. A superb mod. Man, I'm in love!!!! WOW!!!!! The experience of driving with so much cars is something I cant describe. I loved it!!!

I was 2nd in quali and took me a while to see the 1st place left the game or something, hahaha. Then I did my opening lap, but you have to gove some credit, it was my firt time. Dont get angry with me alright. I liked all those comments: go slower, go faster, dont drive at 10Kmh, dont drive at 200Kmh. I was laughing my ass off... :)

Then I had SEVERAL stupid solo accidents. Hopefully nobody got hurt. :) Then I was going ok and the 1st pit came (yeah, I thought 2 pits would be better. :)). When I enter the pits there it was Daniel Pettit in my spot! "GET OUT, DANIEL!!!!", I shouted... But he didnt listen... :) I waited almost 50 secs to do my pit. hahahaha. Then I was going alright again, having lot of fun, doing some crappy moves when I got disconnected... :( Real shame...

So so so so sorry for all the GT guys... Im still getting used to the rFactor braking again... :) Sorry for my noobiness... :)

Thx a lot RD, Bram and all the staff for this one. I love it!!! Count me in for thursday!!! :D

sry to the LMP2 car I was trying to get to the left before the front straight when you ran up behind me....

that went bad....for some reason when it went dark my gfx couldn't handle it...it started stuttering every few sec...it was impossible to keep control....
hopefully next time its a better track.

The track was awesome, but you need to read the read.me file and set the PLR file correctly, then headlights arent a problem in the dark..

Totally forgot that rF has the same weird fueling system as in GTR 2.. Had too little fuel in the first stop and when i returned again a lap later i put too little in the pitboard menu, so had to make a 3rd one. Totally messed up a good result but i had so much fun. Especially overtaking the GT2 and GT1 cars (respect 2 eckhart, for the best blueflagger ever :)) with their brutal sound is a freakin' joy.

EnduRacers where can i donate, this is the MotC (mod of the century) and it's better than any sim game i have ever bought!

A brilliant racing night, The Aston felt very good.
I made one mistake in the first stint, I spinned and lost 10 seconds.
I slowly got closer to Ramon, who was first in the GT1, but then I made a mistake during my pitstop. It repaired damage for some reason, did not know I had any, but that costed me 20 seconds. I had a very good 2nd stint and finished 1 second behind Ramon.
Congratulations to Ramon and also to all other class winners.

Well thats the point of these fun test races, tracks get checked to see if they are worthy of the official league.

And 1.1 of the track is just a new trackside camera file, nothing else is changed on it.

You say it: funrace. But if i can´t drive normal and have to look always where is the next corner because the light is changing everytime then it isn´t fun, espacially if it causes an accident with other ones.
And nobody say let´s test this track, maybe for a upcoming league then i would say nothing. But so i´m train one hour, i´am glad to the race and then after 10 min it´s over. If i want this i´m searching a almost full public server.

Someone Shoot me Please. I Made The Stupidest Mistakes Like hitting Pit Sign on Last Corner. ^_^ Sry to Ramon and Peter :p After that My Car was absolutly Mullered and trying to keep car staight was Hard. Another Mistake in Last 4 Laps ment i was just coasting with a car ready for the Scrap Yard.

And you know it !!!

take this:poke:

Lol, what's your point? I just informed everyone here, it's up to (one of the) staffmembers to decide whether to use it or not.

--

First race on this lovely track, they should build it in real life :good:

It was so damn hard to get a free quali lap, was happy to get GT2 pole but could've gone a few tenths quicker. Lost a place to Sean in the opening lap and got a bit narrow with some GT1's wich put me in 3rd in GT2 class a few seconds behind the leaders. Then Borna spun and I started to catch Sean slowly until I got loose in the last corner and crashed against the pitsign. Damn.

Didn't want to just escape the race so I cruised with a damaged car to the finish.

Grats to the winners :)

Someone Shoot me Please. I Made The Stupidest Mistakes Like hitting Pit Sign on Last Corner. ^_^ Sry to Ramon and Peter :p After that My Car was absolutly Mullered and trying to keep car staight was Hard. Another Mistake in Last 4 Laps ment i was just coasting with a car ready for the Scrap Yard.

x2

@ BRam: Agree 100%

You say it: funrace. But if i can´t drive normal and have to look always where is the next corner because the light is changing everytime then it isn´t fun, espacially if it causes an accident with other ones.
And nobody say let´s test this track, maybe for a upcoming league then i would say nothing. But so i´m train one hour, i´am glad to the race and then after 10 min it´s over. If i want this i´m searching a almost full public server.

Well i'd rather find out bugs in a no points "fun" race than in a official race. Yeah you have put in time to practice but these things happen. Try and see what im saying rather that just moaning :)

• Sasha Todorovic

This be a nice experience for me.

BTW: Where can I see the results of the race?

Quali: P6 overall, P3 LMP2

Lost and won a position at the start, so was still in P3, but then people started to spin and I was second and first for some laps. Then I wanted to lap Eckhart in the third corner and I was on his inside, but he moves to the inside when we where exiting the corner... mod edit: removed please use the incident report link The laptime differance was not so big and was more who had more luck with lapping slower cars... then I had some more bad luck, as I came behind Borna Spoljaric... I think he is driving without mirrors, as I am stuck for some corners behind him and he doesn't move at all, tries to block me rather than letting me pass.... So I spin in one of the fast corners (was in first position then....), when I had to avoid him. I met him 2 more times on track, and he really didn't want to let me pass. I also saw Aritan being stuck behind him. I hope this behaviour will not be allowed in the league...

Then I made another spin myself because I totally lost my concentration. besides that the race was quite good, had a good pace (was quicker than most P1s :p) and there where many people who where absolutely great when lapping!

Finished P3 overall P2 of LMP2 in the end. :)

Congrats to winners and finishers, and people who wheren't hard to lap :)

BTW: Dave and Shaun, it seemed you had a really cool race ;) I think I lapped you 3 times and you where always less than a second away from eachother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back