rF2 Tuesday August 11th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Vitus GP

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andreas before you blame the track: try reading the read.me of the mod first. This you can avoid by setting the plr correctly :music2:

hmm i found no readme or a notice that i have to change something in the PLR.
There is only written by problems reconnect to the online mode (hard to do that during a race .-)
And install in rfactor folder ! So what should i do in the PLR ?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 228
Oke it's official Rfactor got me now. What a fantastic mod!

Q LMP2:

Started 14th, 6th in my class i think.

Warm Up:

Had nice warm up lap. There was a big gap behind me don't know what was wrong.

Race:

It went all fine, the sun was a little pain in the ass at 4:00pm. But that changed quickly. Until lap 13th i had no single incident. Lapping went good and made no mistakes. The dark was awesome, it's a really long time ago that i had drivin in the dark. But it all went well, and my system was running perfect.

Had a good pitstop (nobody in my spot :wink2: ) And came back on track at 8th

After two laps a had little mistake when Ben was behind me, i was to much on the curb and lost it a bit. But no real damage. Later on in the lap i was i little to much on the gas and spun but not a big deal. After that no problems anymore. Little avoiding of crashing cars, but thats it. Was running 8th now with Bram behind me, but the gap was increasing because he made a mistake i think.

And finshed 8th, and 4th in my class.

Lapping and backmarking was not really a problem, but i think some people where driving without mirrors i think?

Quick question about the end of the race can you just esc after you finshed?
And Bram consider to use day/night at Spa that would be awesome. :D

Thanks for racing guys and thanks to Bram for setting it up.

Was fun, though I had a really bad race with 1000 mistakes and plenty of problems but still I had fun :)

+1 Kevin

didn't know the track and had just the practice and quali to learn it, this plus being a slow guy and struggling with an (almost) new game for me and a new mod made it an interesting evening, to say the least. Also: never played a night race before, awesome stuff.

Quali: after shaving off 30 secs of my first lap times (haha) I ended up last, but with only 2 secs to next guy, so OK.

Race: Sorry about the knock you describe Ben, I really always tried to stick to the raceline, as was said before the race. To me it was just two LMPs flying up and knocking me up. However, I was hit three times by LMPs trying to go past really close on the straight (?). Other than that I had loads of fun, though this wonderful, superb, best ever mod is borderline difficult for a chap like me. Man, that Porsche is so twitchy under breaking, especially after that little hill just before the breakpoint ... I guess everybody else passed a "just spun" white and green Porsche at least once in this race: that was me :)

thx RD for setting up this race, thx glorious modders!!! and thx all fellow racers tonite for your patience and goodwill.

Sorry Eckhart that I crashed you when I was lapping. I was shocked from that great amount of room you gave me that I could only stand on brakes and ran straight back of your car. :tits:

Then the crash with Daniel, unfortunately I didn't have time to do anything. Sorry.

Ok that's it about crashes. Rest of the racing was sooo fun. Even the final result is not best possible it was great to race with these cars. This mod is best I've seen in a long time. Lots of action through whole race and no one can say it's boring to drive. Really have to be awake or something happens immediately. And when races become longer than today, unexpected things starts happen even more.

This mod will make our rF2 waiting much easier.

Now there's some good time to think what can be done better in next race.

Thanks!

ohhhh my a disconection during the quali and got back with 13 mins left. did some laps and got pole. in warmup with 3 mins left again a disconection. Very strange because it almost never happens for me. But i got back right on time but probably there was something wrong because i was on P40 and not on P1. I deside to leave it like that and not overtaking in the warmup lap with all the possible problems.

realy nice race guys. Much respect to all the other drivers i had very less moments were i tought ohhhh myyy god this is going wrong. ofcourse a few times it was close but it wasnt easy from P40 fighting my way back to the top. I think it helped a lot that other LMP1 cars crashed. at the end i was only batteling with 2 LMP2 cars. not much of a difference in laptime but there was a little. so with one short pitstop for some fuel i drove my car home. It was close with the fuel lots of shortshifting but i got it. I calculated 28 laps and did 27.

Congrat to all the podium finishers in all class.

Finaly i will thank the crew from RD to let this happen again and again. must be a lot of work and sometimes people only winning about lights etc.. ofc i also had that problem but it was my own mistake.

Btw i need to say sorry to the Vette guys. I was maybe a little bit to long behind them. But the sound of that car is awesome! And i couldn't stop listening :D

Laugh o' the day, Ivo!

@stutters: this time my system was doing fine, just three little hickups (that always ended in a spin ...) in the first half of the race, after changing from day to dark. Fresh defrag before the start did the job, I guess.

That was a great race.

The start was a bit of a mess but the racing was tip top. I made a few mistakes in the early laps which dropped me behind the LMP2 boys and then I ran into a 'vette in the final corner, sorry about that I closed much quicker than I anticipated.

Had decided pre-race to do a 2 stopper and run on the super-softs which wasn't a bad plan but I came into the first stop a little hot and picked up a drive through. I also forgot to cancel damage repair (from the 'vette incident) and lost another 30 secs. From there on in I made no big mistakes and was clawing my way back through the order until again on stop 2 a forgot to cancel damage (I hadn't hit anything so I was surprised to see damage 63 secs). So that was another 30 secs lost. Carried on regardless and picked up a few more spots on the way to the chequered flag.

Overall I'm happy with 5th (3rd in LMP1). Traffic was absolutely superb and I've no complaints there, well done to everyone.

The track is a dream to drive, especially in the Euskadi, which itself is a great car from a great mod. 10 out of 10, even with the odd bug.

Sorry Eckhart that I crashed you when I was lapping. I was shocked from that great amount of room you gave me that I could only stand on brakes and ran straight back of your car. :tits:

lol, that was just my careful line, probably caught you on the wrong foot, absolutely np m8. thx for waiting, though with a lapped racer like me I guess it's not needed at all. nice gesture, still.

Don't know where to start.

Mod:
Best mod I even drove... And I only drove 2 cars, Porsche + Aston.
Feel free to donate just for this Mod. Maybe can be done at the Enduracers website, otherwise do it at our donation tool but make sure you mention Enduracers in the description/Info field. Then we can transfer this to them later. The mod is actually that good to deserve donations!

Track:
People, don't forget this is a selfmade track and not out of the box simbin/isi where you can do complaints.
With such tracks some bugs can appear, but tbh I have not seen much issues, besides the pitboxes.
The layout and flowing of the track was just excellent. Both in dark and daylight :)

Race report:
i joined 45 mins early to learn the track. Completely new and also I did a late class change to do another one a favor. So the Aston for me.

Difficult car and difficult track to master in a short time and soon I was still 2+ secs behind James Johnson. Only in the official practice I was finally flying and was on pace for the race.
Qualify was ok, but could not do a single clean lap.
Had a small unnecessary incident when one of the lmp's hit me. Bit odd but ok.

In Warmup I was trying to explain some things. Shame lots of people felt it necessary to chat in between and enter the track. Pay attention next time please. We want to run the 'show' as smooth as possible for everyone.

Race started and I could follow the pace behind James. After 10 mins, he cut his apex too soon and crashed heavily into a ghost wall or so.
I could not avoid and crashed into him. Front side of the car damaged.
Patrick Duivelaar also hit him a bit I think and spun the car.
I could continue and car was ok after 2 laps of driving but slower then normal.
After some battles with both Patrick and Kevin I was in 1st position of my class.

Pitstops came and I was unsure which tires the others had. If it was medium, my race would be lost. I was going for both fuel and tires.
After the stops I was surprise to have that comfortable lead to Patrick. 20+ seconds, because of his damage repairs.
in the second stint, Patricks car was a lot faster and he was closing in around a second every minute. With 20 mins on the clock and 20secs gap I was worried.
It was going well and could do good laps to finish 1st in GT1 with only 0.8 gap between me and Patrick.

Well done everyone and the winners in all classes, which I dont know yet :)

Big respect for Sander for limping his race to the finish! Great example for lots of others who just disconnect sometimes without much reason.

Great race, great mod and track, great drivers on track :) !!!! Superb

BIG THANKS FOR JAMES, MY MECHANIC FOR SHARING HIS EXCELLENT SETUP!!!!:clover:

Hey Eckhart, we just both had a bit of bad luck, I expected you to stay on the racing line, so I was stuck, then I went around you and the other lmp2 hit me and I crash into you.... I just was a bit mad an hour ago and described it a bit too agressively....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back