Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have an observation regarding quick setup parameters. The values for ride height and spring stiffness, when choosing a dry quick setup, are reversed. Ride height goes up and spring stiffness goes down. I dont know if this is an intended change but without the patch is the other way around.

Well I never changed the quick car setup params, so maybe that was leftover from v1tek's mod. I would like to know if those quick car setups actually apply to the AI, or if their car setups are handled via the CTF files.

Do you know what affects engine wear? Does running mix 1 help save some life out of the engine?

raceload.jpk controls it. I would think mix 1 helps save the engine since you're not revving as high, but I don't know for sure since the standard.hdm file inside raceload.jpk only has parameters for heat buildup rates for the engine, and damage per shift for the transmission.

Are you doing 100% distance races? I'd love for someone to do a 100% race at Singapore and 100% at Monza to see if there's notable issues with engine wear and transmission wear over the course of those 2 races.

Hi there! I'm supremely impressed by the attention to detail in this mod - great stuff.

I'm in a pickle, and wondering if someone might be able to help:

Playing career, and on Intermediate difficulty,I'm easily 3 seconds faster than the AI in FP,Q, and R. Switch the difficulty to Professional, and I'm 3 seconds slower (!) in qualy but can gain a few places during the race.
(I'm quite happy with race pace on professional - it's a challenge, but qualy is simply stupid)

Are there any suggestions for a fix for this?
Would it be advisable to edit the database? If so, what parameters?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the AI may have DRS enabled in qualy, but haven't been able to prove it yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there! I'm supremely impressed by the attention to detail in this mod - great stuff.

I'm in a pickle, and wondering if someone might be able to help:

Playing career, and on Intermediate difficulty,I'm easily 3 seconds faster than the AI in FP,Q, and R. Switch the difficulty to Professional, and I'm 3 seconds slower (!) in qualy but can gain a few places during the race.
(I'm quite happy with race pace on professional - it's a challenge, but qualy is simply stupid)

Are there any suggestions for a fix for this?
Would it be advisable to edit the database? If so, what parameters?

I have a sneaking suspicion that the AI may have DRS enabled in qualy, but haven't been able to prove it yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for the kind words! First, the AI does not have DRS in Practice or Qualifying. aagancia's DRS mod prevents this. Just follow an AI car around the track and you'll see their rear wing doesn't open up unless they're in the DRS zone(s).

2nd Edit:
Not sure if your issue arises during time acceleration or not. If it does, you can edit the database > track_model table > hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment (and hard_wet) columns. You'll see I've edited the values for Spa, Monza, Istanbul, and Nurburgring already to slow them down. Positive values slow the AI down, negative speed them up. Just remember this is only to adjust the laptimes the AI make during time acceleration. If you're too slow in qualifying without time acceleration, you'll need to play with the track_difficulties table like Melphiz said.

Cheers

Last edited:
AI is always faster in quali. Use mix 3 in quali (AI uses mix 2).
You can try adding "medium" [is intermediate] at track_difficulties in the database +0,18 to the values but as you say race pace is fine it's like it is ;)

Ah yeah, the adjustments @snthennumbers wrote are only active during time skipping (like back to garage option or repair or forwarding). Add a positive value like +3 (maybe +4 the time isn't always 1:1 like the DB value)

Hey dude, very impressed at how you can keep this updated and are so helpful on this discussion, thanks for your work.

However, I am having a problem, it seems like the changes I make in the database are not being displayed in the game. This only happened recently, using patch 1.2, I'm using patch 1.3 now but the problem is still there. More specifically with the track_difficulties. Changing the difficulty (Hungary, 50% db) has no effect in the game. Any clues as to why?

Hey dude, very impressed at how you can keep this updated and are so helpful on this discussion, thanks for your work.

However, I am having a problem, it seems like the changes I make in the database are not being displayed in the game. This only happened recently, using patch 1.2, I'm using patch 1.3 now but the problem is still there. More specifically with the track_difficulties. Changing the difficulty (Hungary, 50% db) has no effect in the game. Any clues as to why?

You're changing values for a difficulty level that you're not using?

No, I was playing on intermediate and changing the medium setting. Tried professional and changing hard, also didn't work. I've changed the difficulty previously and it worked, not sure why this is happening.

You sure you're modifying the database located in your F1 2012 install directory? Saving it after you make changes?

Anyone else experiencing this?
idk what to tell you...I'm at work right now and won't be around much this weekend so I can't test this

Thanks for the kind words! First, the AI does not have DRS in Practice or Qualifying. aagancia's DRS mod prevents this. Just follow an AI car around the track and you'll see their rear wing doesn't open up unless they're in the DRS zone(s).

2nd Edit:
Not sure if your issue arises during time acceleration or not. If it does, you can edit the database > track_model table > hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment (and hard_wet) columns. You'll see I've edited the values for Spa, Monza, Istanbul, and Nurburgring already to slow them down. Positive values slow the AI down, negative speed them up. Just remember this is only to adjust the laptimes the AI make during time acceleration. If you're too slow in qualifying without time acceleration, you'll need to play with the track_difficulties table like Melphiz said.

Cheers

Thanks for the speedy reply. Looks like I'm going to have to plunge in to the database!

Now that you mention, when I knock something off the front wing (losing too much time at the final chicane in Canada and end up in the wall) when I'm running in 14th or 16th - I return to the garage and I'm back to 22nd with the AI gaining a full second in that time.

I'll do some tinkering and get back to you.

P.S (the realism in this is great. e.g. I went with Force India, thinking I'd punch in to the top 10 fairly often, but the STR is often quicker - just like on the real track - so thanks heaps!)

No, I was playing on intermediate and changing the medium setting. Tried professional and changing hard, also didn't work. I've changed the difficulty previously and it worked, not sure why this is happening.

I just tested this and it works fine. I'm usually not terribly good at Spa, and I lowered Spa's track difficulty for the Expert setting from 1 to 0.5 and within 2 laps I had a 7 second lead after starting in 5th.

So yeah...idk what to tell you

hi snthennumbers ,could you see on the track brazil in the First turn the AI make some incident at the first corner, you release the 1.4 version ? you are a legend man !;)

I dont see them having accidents. I just did the first 3 laps of 2 different 100% races at brazil. one I started in 12th as hulkenburg...turn 1 was fine. The other I started in 20th as Chilton...turn 1 was fine.

They do at times brake too late at turn 1, but this is simply them making an honest mistake according to the mistake values for the driver in the database > ai_driver table as well as the ai_choreogapher.xml file in the ai folder.

raceload.jpk controls it. I would think mix 1 helps save the engine since you're not revving as high, but I don't know for sure since the standard.hdm file inside raceload.jpk only has parameters for heat buildup rates for the engine, and damage per shift for the transmission.

Are you doing 100% distance races? I'd love for someone to do a 100% race at Singapore and 100% at Monza to see if there's notable issues with engine wear and transmission wear over the course of those 2 races.
I do play 100% races, I just did SPA in career mode and the engine is now down to 95%, Monza and Singapore are up next I will let you know what the engine wear is like.

I noticed that I get a crap load of mech failures, at least once every session (even practice and qualy) and up to 2-3 during the race. I would say thats a bit too much, not even Webber has this many failures.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%