Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
@snthennumbers

I tested the tyre scaling method I mentioned earlier. It works for me, with proper player tyre wear. Here are the database settings for 50% (3 to 4 stop race).

f1teams- multiply front_tyre_wear and rear_tyre_wear by 2
track_tyre_wear_level- set all wear_level to 1
track_model- edit all tracks with tyre_wear_level of 2. Change it to 3
tyres- set max_distance to 35% of default values(SSoft:12.5; Soft:16.19; Med:22.27; Hard:28.34; Inter:22.27; Monsoon:28.34). You may set it lower for higher tyre wear, but setting it too low will increase AI pit stops and player's engineer suggested stops.

Just sharing my findings.

Last edited:
Goodness...I go away for a couple days and all hell breaks loose lol

Danecay: I will be implementing this with the next release. If you want, these are handled within the "track_model" table in the database --> find the dry_lap_time_adjustment columns (don't have my computer in front of my right now, I think those are the right column names...you'll find them). Positive numbers make the AI go slower, negative numbers make the AI go faster. A range of about 2-4 will make notable differences.
Thanks for reply, but there are 2 columns, with similar name,
easy_dry_lap_time_adjustment and hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment.
Which means what, and which column values must to adjust?

THX!

Woops, forget what was written here before :D
I put the value to all four colums: easy_dry, easy_wet, hard_dry, hard_wet seems to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even so I thought 2 stops would be default (soft, med, soft usually), I wonder what'll happen to rain races as you have only 4 sets of tyres for practice session, quali and race.

default values usually gives you only 1 stop on a 50% race. Rain races would only require you around 2 stops (3 at most for inters) since max_distance for inter and monsoon is still quite high (22 to 28), even if set to 35% of default values.

That's why I was asking what would actually happen. 2 or 3 stops on inter means 3 or 4 sets of tyres are used but I use already 2 sets of inters at practice session, so it'd be bad for the race, wouldn't it?
Or should I just leave the values for inter and rain default then?

Yes, If the whole weekend rains, then you'd have to conserve tyres starting from practice. You can always set the values a little higher to suit your preference..

@snthennumbers could it be the AI chooses a "2/3 fast dry setup" on light rain races? Was testing around and with my 1/3 fast dry setup I was faster in the corners but noticable slower on the straight. So I think the AIwould be slower on the straight with a 0/0 or -1/-3 wet setup but faster in the corners. I've set the AI's wet_weather_ability for allrounder (as I play on modified medium diff which gives me tough competition on dry races) to 0,75 already.

@snthennumbers could it be the AI chooses a "2/3 fast dry setup" on light rain races? Was testing around and with my 1/3 fast dry setup I was faster in the corners but noticable slower on the straight. So I think the AIwould be slower on the straight with a 0/0 or -1/-3 wet setup but faster in the corners. I've set the AI's wet_weather_ability for allrounder (as I play on modified medium diff which gives me tough competition on dry races) to 0,75 already.

What happens if you use the default car setup in a similar scenario? Are you faster, slower, or the same as the AI?

I think, AI cars use only one setup in all conditions, and that should be the medium player setup.
AI cars being faster on the straights will have to do with engine power or better corner exit I suspect...

So, again Sepang light rain: As expected, I was even a bit faster in the corners than before but much slower on the straight [driving McLaren and the Ferrari went next to me on the last straight like he'd have DRS (and nope, KERS is disabled for all teams)].
What came to my attention is that the AI brakes much too early on that raining race, tested after a quickrace Sepang dry and the AI was really competitive and braking on the last spot.
Why the AI is braking too early under rain, I'm not sure but it might be as well caused by a wrong setup as they have less downforce and I can brake comparably later due to having more downforce.

@RowingAce I doubt AI uses always the same setup. in Melbourne for example I need to use 3/3 else I am too slow, on most of the other circuits I use 2/3 and have the same speed as the AI.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back