Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just wanted to give you a big thank you Snthenumbers. Thanks for this awesome mod. It makes the game hugely enjoyable now. Only thing that's still bothering me a bit is the AI's inability to overtake. They do it in the drs zone but otherwise it's quite easy to keep them behind you.

Just wanted to give you a big thank you Snthenumbers. Thanks for this awesome mod. It makes the game hugely enjoyable now. Only thing that's still bothering me a bit is the AI's inability to overtake. They do it in the drs zone but otherwise it's quite easy to keep them behind you.

Well, that's almost the same as in Real Life, isn't it? ;)

Although, for me, I am so tired of them crashing my rear end, that when they rush back real close, I just step aside a bit to let them overtake me for a while, knowing I will get them back at the next DRS zone or another. Avoiding penalties at the same time. :geek:

You just have to hold back a little from time to time, so it's more fun than just driving flat out at all times, and closer to reality also.

Well, that's almost the same as in Real Life, isn't it? ;)

Although, for me, I am so tired of them crashing my rear end, that when they rush back real close, I just step aside a bit to let them overtake me for a while, knowing I will get them back at the next DRS zone or another. Avoiding penalties at the same time. :geek:

You just have to hold back a little from time to time, so it's more fun than just driving flat out at all times, and closer to reality also.
True! Really having some nice fights though and it's much harder to overtake the AI now.

I have a big problem
teams do not flock to change tires for the whole race and thoroughly until it shattered.
career 100%. Certainly this is the case in Singapore and Korea. and lack of policy settings change tires. Is it because of some mod?
Help me
If you need to change the database so I do not lose career

I'm slightly baffled. I have used you r mod for a month now but with this update to include new tracks i wonder what to download.

Your FAQ says that if you get crashes that i need to DL and install the Istanbul track, yet slightly after that you mention in the credits that both of the old tracks are included now.

So do I not need to DL Istanbul separately?

when i downloaded v4.1 only nurburgring was included completely, for istanbul there were only ctf files and the ai_vehicle_track, but the rest of the track (textures etc.) was missing.
My advise is to install the original istanbul & nurburgring mod and then copy over the files from v4.1.

Hahah btw, you know what also caught my eye ? The fact that if you just start a flying lap and you come onto the start-finish straight, an AI driver exits the pitlane and somehow ALWAYS seems to block me when I want to take the 1st corner :s Is that also editable ?

Seems like it triggers AI driver(s) to exit the pitlane and reach the corner on slow speed just BEFORE I want to take the corner at a higher speed. So I have to slow down and lose time in the 1st corner :s

Goodness...I go away for a couple days and all hell breaks loose lol

I'll go one by one so watch for your screen name:

Whitewash: I'll speed up the AI's rain performance a bit

kasss: I have no idea what you're saying

russ23: This would be because of the 2013 DRS zone mod incorportated with this mod. Any issues with Nurburgring and Istanbul should be taken with a grain of salt given that these tracks were never part of the original F1 2012 game. Take them as they are, aagancia and I have done the best we possibly can with them.

Ronald van Dijk: I have found that the reason the AI has such a hard time overtaking is because the AI overtaking "guidelines" are programmed within the EXE. What this translates to is a weak interpretation of FOM rules for overtaking. This is easy to notice with long straights going to tight turns (Canada, Shanghai, etc). You'll find that if the AI car is even 1 inch behind the front of your car, they will not overtake. This is because they do not have "the line", and are programmed to concede. On the flip side, you can be 1 inch behind the front of the AI car, and they will not concede at all, but will drive their line to the best of their ability while still recognizing the Player's car is there. Codemasters have not coded the AI to be "brave" or reckless, so this is why you don't see the AI making brave overtakes diving down the inside of you. Believe me, I spent hours upon hours trying to fix this issue to no avail. I'm just as frustrated with it as you are. This is why I made the AI harder to overtake - in an effort to balance out how poor they are at overtaking.

Danecay: I will be implementing this with the next release. If you want, these are handled within the "track_model" table in the database --> find the dry_lap_time_adjustment columns (don't have my computer in front of my right now, I think those are the right column names...you'll find them). Positive numbers make the AI go slower, negative numbers make the AI go faster. A range of about 2-4 will make notable differences.

Salut Gilles: if the AI is crashing into the back of you, you're most likely braking a little too early (no offense of course). Also, this boils down to a "play by their rules" situation. If they're that close to you on the straight, you should be pulling over a little bit to take a defensive line...like the AI does when you get close to them from behind. I rarely have AI cars running into the back of me (I drive with no assists). However, keep in mind the AI is programmed to make mistakes (like braking too late, or locking up the brakes) from time to time...so sometimes this is simply the AI making a mistake.

Milos Bre: Nurburgring is included with the mod. If you want to race at Istanbul, download the track files (link in the overview page).

Scott Tanner: I see what you mean, I'll edit the overview page once that part of the site starts working again (if I go to edit it right now, I get a blank page). See the response above to Milos Bre also.

RowingAce: No need to download the extra tracks and then overwrite with my mod. My Nurburgring and Istanbul files are identical to Derpish's files since we worked together. I simply couldn't include the Istanbul track files in the zip file at mediafire because it caused the zip file to go over the 200mb upload limit for a free account. This is why it's separated out - Nurburgring is included since it's part of the 2013 Career season and therefore is a bit more important, Istanbul is just an extra add-on for those who want it.

BlazingRiCO: Which track are you referring to?

Thanks for the clear answer snthennumbers. At least they're now a real challenge to overtake. Thanks for you hard work. The game is miles ahead of the boxed version now. I certainly hope CM pick up on this for their next release.

Can't confirm that, for me it's random. Sometimes I have AI exiting pit and sometimes I have AI directly in front on me at flying lap already and sometimes the AI's just behind me.

Yes, or in practice too. Its very suspicous :p

It's common to have this happen. The lower-tiered teams go out right away too during quali and practice, so by the time the game's placed you on the track for a flying lap, the AI is starting to come out. Choose a team at the end of the pit lane, dont accelerate time, and wait just about 1-2 minutes and you'll see the AI starting to go out...which is when you'd be coming around for your flying lap. It's just a timing thing, nothing to really worry about.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 133 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 31.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.5%