Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Got something to add on the AI at Suzuka. I played a 100% (following the qualy session) and about half way in it started to rain, light rain for a couple of laps then we had to switch to the blue wet tyres. The point is the AI cars were spinning around everywhere, most notably spoon curve and the final chicane. Dont lose your sleep over this though, I bet no one plays dynamic weather races anyways due to how bugged they are so its ok if you cant fix it.

As usual I'm using your mod and I think it's great!

Just one question about tyre wearing : did you disable the tyre wearing for 50% races? I mean is it possible now that the wearing for 100% races and 50% races is the same?

Thank you!!

Got something to add on the AI at Suzuka. I played a 100% (following the qualy session) and about half way in it started to rain, light rain for a couple of laps then we had to switch to the blue wet tyres. The point is the AI cars were spinning around everywhere, most notably spoon curve and the final chicane. Dont lose your sleep over this though, I bet no one plays dynamic weather races anyways due to how bugged they are so its ok if you cant fix it.

Was it all the AI cars that were spinning consistently lap after lap? Or was it more sporadic?

As usual I'm using your mod and I think it's great!

Just one question about tyre wearing : did you disable the tyre wearing for 50% races? I mean is it possible now that the wearing for 100% races and 50% races is the same?

Thank you!!

Glad you're enjoying it :thumbsup:
Yes, scaled tyre wear was done away with. The reasoning for this is that it is easy to adjust when the AI pits (aka I can force them to make 3 stop or even 4 stop races by adjusting tyre longevity values, and it works just fine, and they pit frequently), however this does not get reflected in the Player's tyre wear. No matter which values I changed in the database (tyre longevity, tyre wear rates per track, etc) the Player's tyre wear was never effected. This is why so many people were having issues with the old 50% database - the AI would go into the pits but the Player would be able to stay out notably longer giving an unfair advantage. There seems to be a lower threshold to how low you can set the values in the "tyres" table in the database and have it actually make a difference in game.
As well, I've also been trying to trim down the number of files associated with this mod because it started to grow to large and became difficult to manage (on my side).

The 2013 Season version still has adjusted tyre longevity values to reflect the more delicate 2013 tyres this year, and some 50% races will still wind up being 2-3 stop races, so overall not much was lost in terms of gameplay. It's really only the races where the hard and medium compounds are used where the 50% races are a little dull with just 1 stop.

Hope that helps clear things up for you

Tyre scaling can be quite tricky to get it to work correctly.

Here's the way I do it to make scaled wear for a 50% race. In my method, AI and player pits 3 to 4 times per race, and player tyre wears properly(tyres are brown on your scheduled stop). I've been doing this on the default 2012 database. Not sure if this method works thesame way for other mods.

1. open database
2. open f1teams, multiply front_tyre_wear and rear_tyre_wear by 2
3. open track_tyre_wear_level, set the values same as the attached picture.
4. open tyres, adjust max_distance depending on the tyre_wear_level of the track you are racing in. You can check tyre_wear_level by opening track_model.

This is where it gets a little tricky.
*For tracks that has tyre_wear_level of 2, leave the max_distance at default(you may reduce it a bit if you want more stops ex. 90%)
*For tracks that has tyre_wear_level of 1 and 3, set the max_distance value at 35% of the default values.
*with some exceptions: for Monaco, I use 48% to get 3 stops, 60% to get 2 stops. I use 39% for Hockenheim.

Yes, this means you will have to edit the database each time you race on a different track to check if you have the proper settings for max_distance. Changing the max_distance does not corrupt your save game.

Or, you can change all tracks that has tyre_wear_level of 2 into 1 or 3, so you can leave the max_distance at 35%.(but I have not tested this method yet)

Hope it works for you too.

Attachments

• track tyre wear level.JPG
    track tyre wear level.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
This is where it gets a little tricky.
*For tracks that has tyre wear level of 2, leave the max distance at default(you may reduce it a bit if you want more stops ex. 90%)
*For tracks that has tyre wear level of 1 and 3, set the max distance value at 35% of the default values.
*with some exceptions: for Monaco, I use 48% to get 3 stops, 60% to get 2 stops. I use 39% for Hockenheim.

Yes, this means you will have to edit the database each time you race on a different track to check if you have the proper settings for max distance. Changing the max distance does not corrupt your save game.

Or, you can change all tracks that has tyre wear level of 2 into 1 or 3, so you can leave the max distance at 35%.(but I have not tested this method yet)

Hope it works for you too.

So with your method you're saying you have to adjust the max_distance values in the "tyres" table in the database for each race you do?

So with your method you're saying you have to adjust the max_distance values in the "tyres" table in the database for each race you do?

Yes, I always open the database check max distance before I race on a different track.

The only real problem for me are tracks with tyre wear level of 2. Somehow, tyre wear on these these tracks behave differently.

I think if you have all tracks that has a tyre wear level of 2 changed to 1 or 3, you can keep the max distance at 35% and not have to open the database every time. But I have not tested this yet.

Goodness that sounds like a pain in the ass lol...
If switching the tracks with a 2 to a 1 or 3 works, let me know and maybe we can get (easily) working scaled tyre wear back, but I'm not about to push out a mod that requires people to edit the DB before every race :unsure:

I'd test it but I'm just so swamped with moving and work right now I just don't have the time :\

Thanks for your input though! And as always, amazing work on those 2013 DRS zones...you're the man for figuring that stuff out!

Goodness that sounds like a pain in the ass lol...
If switching the tracks with a 2 to a 1 or 3 works, let me know and maybe we can get (easily) working scaled tyre wear back, but I'm not about to push out a mod that requires people to edit the DB before every race :unsure:

I'd test it but I'm just so swamped with moving and work right now I just don't have the time :\

Thanks for your input though! And as always, amazing work on those 2013 DRS zones...you're the man for figuring that stuff out!

Yes, it can be quite an annoying process. It's now for everyone. I'll try my idea out, maybe tomorrow and let you know if it works out well. Need to get some sleep for now.

Thank you for clearing up the new track info. I will get Istanbul added separately.

One thing to note though, is that Nurburgring will crash if I select anything other than "one shot qualifying" in the race settings menu. When it begins the pre controlled car does an entire lap before allowing me to take control.Then when I get control I have less than a minute to complete the lap despite then icon on screen saying to finish my current lap just above the session timer.

When it reaches zero I lose control and the final standings menu appears showing that no racers achieved any lap times with me being at the top of the list in first. Then the sequence of my driver holding his head in shame at the race engineer appears showing that my goal was to get 4th and I had achieved 1st.

Then the game tries to load the race and it crashes during the loading screen.

EDIT: I am using the 2013 season mod with your 2013 database and AI files

Last edited:
Hi snthennumbers,

When we have the magic 4.2 version?
(Some people saying that you are doing better than CM on F1 2013, because they want to put the "cherry on the top of cake" on latest F1 2014 version) hehehe..
Tx!

Glad you're enjoying it :thumbsup:
Yes, scaled tyre wear was done away with. The reasoning for this is that it is easy to adjust when the AI pits (aka I can force them to make 3 stop or even 4 stop races by adjusting tyre longevity values, and it works just fine, and they pit frequently), however this does not get reflected in the Player's tyre wear. No matter which values I changed in the database (tyre longevity, tyre wear rates per track, etc) the Player's tyre wear was never effected. This is why so many people were having issues with the old 50% database - the AI would go into the pits but the Player would be able to stay out notably longer giving an unfair advantage. There seems to be a lower threshold to how low you can set the values in the "tyres" table in the database and have it actually make a difference in game.
As well, I've also been trying to trim down the number of files associated with this mod because it started to grow to large and became difficult to manage (on my side).

The 2013 Season version still has adjusted tyre longevity values to reflect the more delicate 2013 tyres this year, and some 50% races will still wind up being 2-3 stop races, so overall not much was lost in terms of gameplay. It's really only the races where the hard and medium compounds are used where the 50% races are a little dull with just 1 stop.

Hope that helps clear things up for you

Thank you very much for your reply, I get your point!
I have to say that at CM they should hire you and many other guys from this forum, because you made really a better game.
I'll wait for further updates :)

Was it all the AI cars that were spinning consistently lap after lap? Or was it more sporadic?
Not every single lap but I have seen many... Could it be related to lapped AI behavior as I had lapped every single one of them? I dont think thats the case though because I was costantly being told by the race engineer about yellow flags in pretty much every sector for like 20 laps until the track started drying.

Thank you for clearing up the new track info. I will get Istanbul added separately.

One thing to note though, is that Nurburgring will crash if I select anything other than "one shot qualifying" in the race settings menu. When it begins the pre controlled car does an entire lap before allowing me to take control.Then when I get control I have less than a minute to complete the lap despite then icon on screen saying to finish my current lap just above the session timer.

When it reaches zero I lose control and the final standings menu appears showing that no racers achieved any lap times with me being at the top of the list in first. Then the sequence of my driver holding his head in shame at the race engineer appears showing that my goal was to get 4th and I had achieved 1st.

Then the game tries to load the race and it crashes during the loading screen.

EDIT: I am using the 2013 season mod with your 2013 database and AI files

Something didn't get installed correctly then, everything needed for the Nurburgring to work is included with the main download of this mod. Istanbul is the only separate download. No one else is having crashing issues.

The one shot qualifying issue I'm trying to fix though. but the crashing issue should not be happening if you've installed everything correctly.

Not every single lap but I have seen many... Could it be related to lapped AI behavior as I had lapped every single one of them? I dont think thats the case though because I was costantly being told by the race engineer about yellow flags in pretty much every sector for like 20 laps until the track started drying.

I'm thinking it may be related to adjusted braking points combined with the lack of grip from wet weather. However I haven't adjusted any braking points for Suzuka... Does it happen if you do a quick race set to wet weather? (aka not dynamic weather, just forced rain)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 132 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 54 35.1%