1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfăgărăşan

Discussion in 'Racer Tracks' started by asasinuxp, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Can you please upload it somewhere else? I can't figure out how the hell to download it O.o

2. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Took a couple runs through it, still kinda bumpy in spots, and it needs signs on the hairpins :p Interesting course.

3. If it's bumpy try to delete the spline.ini,and try again.I think that I will need to remake the spline.ini again.Without that file it's ok?

4. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

dude...please upload it some where else....this is what i see for 5 min. .....
    fail.jpg

5. What do you say about this treewall: [​IMG] ?
    Would need to add trees, and give further back the treeewall?

6. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

There's one big bump partway along the track, when I find it again I'll try to take a picture. I think the splines are fine.

7. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Great road.. but doesn't it go down a mountain? It's not very verticle.

8. I've drawn the way using google earth, so,I dont't know why is so vertical.

9. Indeed, a lot of work still to go. Part of the beauty of the Transfagarasan is the scenery.

10. Yep, I'd move the tree wall back, then add a few trees of similar look down in front of the wall using the nice tree shader for X type trees.

Then maybe a few scatter objects of grass between those trees and the track side (like Swiss Stroll grass)... that will add tons more depth and sense of realism!

Dave

11. So,I received a bad news,between my .dof there is a maximum difference of 2 meters ... vertical, of course.The Google earth doesn't export the altitude corect.Anyone know another method,I can import the track "drawn" in .kml and GPS .csv format?
    EDIT:I've found a method to import the kml with the altitude,but because the program that I've found it's a demo(3d route builder),the track have now 12 km.

12. great to heare that the track will go up in the mountains :) bcoz it was plain xD

13. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Sweeeet, I can't wait. It's great fun but it needs to be so verticle. :)

14. I have info about importing kml from Google to Blender if that will help. I'll post it tomorrow night if you want it.

15. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

...wow..dude...finaly at the end...nice track!

screenshot044.jpg

16. I make this track in BTB.Now,the track is shorter,12 km,but it have altitude,I will need to smooth the road,then I will upload the new version.

17. Nice, I love long tracks. Hope it get's finished, even if slowly.

18. Now it's not very long,it have only 12 km.In the first version(too bad it was flat) the lenght was 25.9 km

19. It's quite nice, is the steep part very early that steep in real life? I was like "I hope I get up there".

Will the road get a little bit smoother at the parts there there are height transitions? (dunno if you did that already in the new 12km version).