Track Designing Competition

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6405507

A True story that led to this change.
Historic race clubs that come to Silverstone love the new circuit, they just don't like Village corner. There is a cut so they can avoid the heavy braking point of Vale, but nothing for Village. However, my version makes Village not so tight and turns Aintree into a hairpin. This would just be a historic version of the circuit, preserving the current (awesome) configuration.

I did straighten the exit of Stowe though, as I don't like the left curve on the exit.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6405604

Personally I've always preferred fast flowing circuits so that would explain most of my changes. First sector is untouched however Stowe is now a much faster right hander which leads on to another fast right hander with the Vale Chicane now gone completely. The Abbey chicane has also bit the dust and is now pretty much a non-corner whilst Bridge is redesigned to be much quicker and also to rejoin the track on the Wellington Straight.

The final few corners are also pretty much untouched as well however with the new high nature of the track hopefully you'd end up seeing cars skating all over the shop like in the Stadium section at Hockenheim before Tilke castrated that track. Pitlane is also Pre-2011.

It's probably not entirely realistic in terms of run-off, especially at Stowe corner, but I'm sure that would be fine :roflmao:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6405604

Personally I've always preferred fast flowing circuits so that would explain most of my changes. First sector is untouched however Stowe is now a much faster right hander which leads on to another fast right hander with the Vale Chicane now gone completely. The Abbey chicane has also bit the dust and is now pretty much a non-corner whilst Bridge is redesigned to be much quicker and also to rejoin the track on the Wellington Straight.

The final few corners are also pretty much untouched as well however with the new high nature of the track hopefully you'd end up seeing cars skating all over the shop like in the Stadium section at Hockenheim before Tilke castrated that track. Pitlane is also Pre-2011.

It's probably not entirely realistic in terms of run-off, especially at Stowe corner, but I'm sure that would be fine :roflmao:

Lack of run off is a good thing! People always complain about a lack of risk, so there you go :)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6405792

A little different approach. This time Silverstone will be run in reverse direction with my personal least favourite part of the track being removed (Brooklands-Luffield). There is also a new technical part between Club and Stowe corners before heading down the Hangar straight towards the reversed Becketts-Maggots turns that many drivers have praised to be even better this way around ;)

And @Twigster151 Wins! Love the quick course and fast yet technical last sector :inlove:

Your turn to set the location and scenario :coffee:

Oh great thanks aha :D

I think I've thought of a good scenario, you'll have to tell me if it's a little too challenging though.

With Azerbaijan preparing to host it's first GP in 2016 you have been tasked with developing the preliminary track layout of the street circuit in the capital Baku after Hermann Tilke disappears in mysterious circumstances. The only restriction you have is that the track must run along the seafront at some point around the lap.

For this scenario seafront can be defined as being able to see the sea whilst standing on the track. Also don't feel restricted to the already existing roads, be creative! :thumbsup:

Deadline will have be 8 days (until next Wednesday) as I'm out the country until late Tuesday for definitely non-motorsport related activities... ;)

Last edited:
Oh great thanks aha :D

I think I've thought of a good scenario, you'll have to tell me if it's a little too challenging though.

With Azerbaijan preparing to host it's first GP in 2016 you have been tasked with developing the preliminary track layout of the street circuit after Hermann Tilke disappears in mysterious circumstances. The only restriction you have is that the track must run along the seafront at some point around the lap.

Deadline will have be 8 days (until next Wednesday) as I'm out the country until late Tuesday for definitely non-motorsport related activities... ;)

No issues with that, I love scenarios that are based off of real things :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back