Track Designing Competition

My entry: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6258141

Pits: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=6258144

Description: I wanted to try something different from the other two entries and how they seemed to wrap around the park. This course reflects the the very limits I think F1 drivers will encounter with the slow but insanely technical section in front of the hospital with the roundabouts and the really fast sections along Dock Road. I also feel this has a good set of over taking points.

@kedy89 And the winner is... ?

Does anyone actually want to keep doing this track designing competition or not really? I most certainly want to, but we only had three entries this week and it feels like we need to remind people about this or they forget. :(

Okay, here is an idea I have toyed with for the past few days:

We create a thread simply called "Track designs." We simply share track ideas we come up with and share them there. No competition is necessary, but if a group wants to they are welcome to :). Also, people would be allowed to post not only track designs using the Gmap thingy, but they can also upload sketches/drawings and even even showcase digital race tracks made from CAD files or some-such!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here is an idea I have toyed with for the past few days:

We create a thread simply called "Track designs." We simply share track ideas we come up with and share them there. No competition is necessary, but if a group wants to they are welcome to :). Also, people would be allowed to post not only track designs using the Gmap thingy, but they can also upload sketches/drawings and even even showcase digital race tracks made from CAD files or some-such!
In the off-topic chat though ;)

That's okay Kedy, and please don't feel my move to make the new thread was a product of anything you did :). That was just an idea I had for a time now.

@Vaughn Stegeman I think you will be quite excited about this one!

Okay, so the United Sportscar Championship and WEC want to hold a double header in the Chicago-Land area. The idea is to close down the O'hare airport in Chicago and create an airport version of the Nordschleife! Length is limited from 20 to 30 Km.

Have fun and please check out my new track-design thread! :thumbsup:

Hi there, hey .. what?
OH YEAH!! I'm in on this one.

EDIT: If only you'd chosen Madison, WI .. heh ... maybe that'll hafta be MY theme if/when I win :p

so wait .. we post our entries here or in the new thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Post the entries here (for now anyways, I'll try and work something out about having these two threads soon), but if you want to show them off in the other thread feel free to do so.

I plan to have a post in the new one dedicated to showcasing the competition winners from this competition.

Edit: Okay, I worked it! Hit me like a wall with no warning :p This thread will stay as it is, no rules will be changed. The new thread will not hold any competitions (I edited the new thread). As I stated above, I will make a special post in the new one dedicated to showing off the winners of this competition.

Anyone have any questions?

Last edited:
Post the entries here (for now anyways, I'll try and work something out about having these two threads soon), but if you want to show them off in the other thread feel free to do so.

I plan to have a post in the new one dedicated to showcasing the competition winners from this competition.
Tell @Omer Said to close this one

Alright then! :D

The Silverstone circuit in England is under new management, and they now feel the track has lost its classic feel. Hoping to attract even more attention, the management has called for a complete redesign of the circuit! Please also submit another link showing the new pits if they are made, or just mention they use the existing one. Rules are as they are on page 1, with no changes. Deadline is approximately 7 days from when this post was made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back