Toscana

Tracks Toscana 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
@fastfab, how do I set the track up with the Alpinestars, Elf, Renault, Michelin etc billboard branding as shown in your Ferrari video posted earlier today? The track that I downloaded today has the generic branding from the earlier version, but your video looks a lot more authentic.

^^ Love those new trees BTW. :)
If you go in the repertories of the mod, you can see a skins folder. If you go inside you will find the PSD source files to change the branding as you like with a read_me file with instructions.
You need a software to edit ".psd" (like photoshop...) then save your new files as ".dds" (direct x texture) in the very same folder.
If what I'm saying is gibberish to you, this is the .dds file already made, just put it in toscana_0.4>skins>default folder.
https://we.tl/nsOVwQyGxB

If you go in the repertories of the mod, you can see a skins folder. If you go inside you will find the PSD source files to change the branding as you like with a read_me file with instructions.
You need a software to edit ".psd" (like photoshop...) then save your new files as ".dds" (direct x texture) in the very same folder.
If what I'm saying is gibberish to you, this is the .dds file already made, just put it in toscana_0.4>skins>default folder.
https://we.tl/nsOVwQyGxB
Ah, many thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Any reason why you didn't have those brands as the default textures for the billboards? They look great!
:)

Great track!! Thanks for making and sharing

One observation to improve this track for racing:

I just started an AI race with a Maserati 6f on track #4 (the longest one). In RSR it sets immediately a WR time when you pass the start/finish line after the race started. In this case 3.2 seconds and the lap counter mentions that you started lap 2 in stead of 1.

Maybe RSR related or coding in the track?

Toscana track.jpg

@fastfab, with Toscana being a fictional track and therefore free from the licencing constraints of real-life circuits, have you considered adding reverse ribbons for the four current configurations? I've turned a few laps going the wrong way around and it's a whole different challenge, but still a lot of fun. The layouts work well in reverse. They would be like four extra free tracks for relatively little additional work.

I often wonder why reverse ribbons aren't added to more fictional tracks. It's surely maximising the benefits of all that hard work.

Beautiful track but as said there's a lap time problem.
I started practice, loaded settings and set off, went over the start/finish line after 26 seconds, got a world record on RSR (beat that...;))

It's tricky because no matter what you always encounter problems... ^^
I have to change the signs on the track, change the pit lane, reverse the grid, the start light and make new AI lines.
An the fact that the track is an "8", it makes AI lines painfull to make, with a lot of manual edit.
Always expect the unexpected. It will not be as straightforward as just moving 3 objects.
And not counting that I rely on the direction in wich the track flow to use some "visuals trick". ^^

It's tricky because no matter what you always encounter problems... ^^
I have to change the signs on the track, change the pit lane, reverse the grid, the start light and make new AI lines.
An the fact that the track is an "8", it makes AI lines painfull to make, with a lot of manual edit.
Always expect the unexpected. It will not be as straightforward as just moving 3 objects.
And not counting that I rely on the direction in wich the track flow to use some "visuals trick". ^^
Ah, interesting! So no new problems as such, just similar ones to those normally encountered when building a track. Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

^^ Looks fantastic..!
I'd definitely suggest that you use the Elf, Renault, Michelin, Alpinestars etc branding as the track defaults in the next update @fastfab. These banners and hoardings look so much better than the current generic default ones IMO.

I'm in love with the visuals of the track. It's also quite fun to drive. Track seems a bit unecessary wide though. And as mentioned before, AI needs some work.

Looking forward to new updates! It's already one of my all time favs.

I'm in love with the visuals of the track. It's also quite fun to drive. Track seems a bit unecessary wide though. And as mentioned before, AI needs some work.

Looking forward to new updates! It's already one of my all time favs.

I love wide tracks! It's narrow tracks that I find annoying. Wide tracks offer much better overtaking opportunities, different lines, chances to avoid obstacles or collisions, driving on the limit and beyond without fatal consequences... a much better overall racing experience, I reckon. Narrow tracks can end up being too restrictive.

Viva wide tracks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea