Toscana

Tracks Toscana 0.61

Login or Register an account to download this content
There was someone else having issues with a track that crossed over itself like this. Can't remember how they fixed it. If I find it I'll let you know.

Thanks LilSki (and not just for that, I read most of your helpfull messages on assettocorsamods.net :thumbsup:)

I was working on AI yesterday and today, and after editing the line for more than an hour and see that it still did not work, I had to scream it to the world... I guess my post was to kinda blow off some steam... ^^

I had a coffee and I'm back at it. :)
The solution must exist, I was in contact with TibuzHun who managed to have working AI on Toscana I should contact him. I need to re-read our messages, to his credit I was not the most diligent person to answer back at that time.

On the bright side of things I continued to update graphics and the 0.3 also now feature 3D grass on the Layer 4 and up of detail. I was thinking to put it in 0.5, but I gave it a shot and first draft was done in half an hour... ^^

Last edited:
Well i'm still stuck on the AI for Toscana Gran Premio (the original layout), so I put the AI file that TibuszHun gave me few months back (thanks to him).
I might follow his advice and move the start grid backward like 20 or 30 meters in next update to see if it improve the situation.
0.3 is uploading... :thumbsup:

fastfab updated Toscana with a new update entry:

Toscana 0.3 update, 3 Layouts version.

Toscana v0.3 change log:
- 2 new layouts, Toscana C and Toscana GPV (total 3 layouts).
- WIP Camera set for the 3 layouts.
- (very) WIP AI for the 3 layouts (Toscana GP AI by TibuszHun)
- Added Start Light.
- Added 3D grass for higher detail setting.
- Various improvement on the surfaces.
- Mesh closed on barriers.
- Various tweak on shaders, textures and objects placement.
- Hotlap start moved before last...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just wanted to advise that when commencing in "Practise mode" the following message appears ; "cut detected. lap will not count". Great to see this track progressing - heading in the right direction. Many thanks for your efforts.

Yeah you're right, it's my mistake.
In order to try to help IA detection I changed some surfaces properties to "out". I forget to revert a part of the pit.
Thanks to point it out!

Hi TiszHun,
If you have some breaktrough concerning AI, I will gladly take it!

So far what I did is creating an alternative version of the track with only the main valid road surface to record IA and then edit the left and right point in AC editor, but it's not enough.
The 2 main bug are the car 2 and 3 on the right side of the grid that goes straight into the wall at start and then all the cars trying to brake and stop in the tunnel, even if the side spline are out of the way.
Some time I have only one of the two bugs, sometimes both.

I tried several like driving in the center of the road/right side/left side/ in the tunnel and the start line...
I think the start grid bug can be solved by moving back the whole grid, as for the tunnel it's random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.:ninja:

On another topic, I think I will release a 0.3a on sunday.
Believe it or not, I never took the time to really drive on Toscana and enjoy it. :roflmao:
I did it yesterday and found few bug/missing wall etc...:speechless:

Last edited:
I gave 0.3 a go now (for now in SP) and I really like it, although I'm not so sure about the chicane in the short layout.
It's much narrower than I thought from watching the preview video.
One idea might be to put more distance between the elements but then put 3 of them, so you have to go right-left-right, which should prevent people trying to go through there at high speed.
The bigger distance between the elements would allow for more space, thus possibly going side-by-side through there.

Also noticed that the AI does misbehave in the corner with the banking, going to the inside after the corner entry, while they should stay on the banking.
Then at the end of the corner, the go wide again and from what I've seen so far, all crash into the wall.
But I guess you know all of that already. ;)

fastfab updated Toscana with a new update entry:

Toscana v 0.31 update

Update log:
- Start light moved in the middle
- Add a missing wall before pit entry
- Surface track on pit stand is now valid
- Some change on hedges
- Change on run off, grass, fences and metal material
- Dimmed lights in tunnel
- Reduce the bump at the entrance of the bank turn
- Reduce clipping on 3D grass
- Rework on some scenery mesh

Read the rest of this update entry...

I gave 0.3 a go now (for now in SP) and I really like it, although I'm not so sure about the chicane in the short layout.
It's much narrower than I thought from watching the preview video.
One idea might be to put more distance between the elements but then put 3 of them, so you have to go right-left-right, which should prevent people trying to go through there at high speed.
The bigger distance between the elements would allow for more space, thus possibly going side-by-side through there.

Also noticed that the AI does misbehave in the corner with the banking, going to the inside after the corner entry, while they should stay on the banking.
Then at the end of the corner, the go wide again and from what I've seen so far, all crash into the wall.
But I guess you know all of that already. ;)
Thanks for your feedback.
For the AI, well if you followed that thread you will know that it is at a point to just manage to have it working... It is not at the point where I can just optimise trajectories... ^^
For the chicane on the short track, it is still in the state where it can change. It was a try, and it definitly need some more tweak. The 3 walls version could be a possibility for the future. ;)
I will wait a little to see if I can gather more feedback.

By the way I just updated the file to 0.31 with some changes.

Last edited:
I also made my generals plans for the road to 1.0, I might have forget a lot of things but here it is:

0.4 The long track update
Add the longest track version suitable for endurance racing.

0.5 The detail update
Add track side details such as cranes, cameras, trucks, some scenery etc...
Vegetation and trees overhaul.

0.6 The people update
Add people, crowd, flag, banner etc...
Add and tweak camera set for replay.

0.7 The road update
Retexture road, sand and kerbs. Making smooth visual connection between them.
Add skid marks and other surface effects.
Add real local deformation and unique feel on the high definition physical road mesh.
Tweak surface.ini.

0.8 The AI update
Trying to fix and optimise AI lines.
Creating, fixing and tweaking interactive object and .ini files.

0.9 The optimisation update
Reduce draw calls. Consolidating objects, textures, materials, tweaking LOD, clipping, detail layers etc...

1.0 the "mostly" final debug update
Gathering a maximum bug from the community and fixing a maximum of them to be able to release a proper 1.0.

1.1 and above
No new content, just fixing remaining issues.

Last edited:
Loving your track (and updates). At the risk of stating the obvious, i am just pointing out something that may or may not have been noticed; when driving in "practice" mode, i notice that the camera replay differs in both Premio and Premio_veloce (commences under, in tunnel, finishes without showing finish lights from above camera), to what i see as the correct view in Centrale. This is not a criticism, merely trying to help.

Hi. Very nice track, interesting corners, very good!

My question is: why is the racing line different in every layout? Just until the first big u-turn all three layouts have really different racing lines, altough the track is the same. The oval racing line also differs for example. The standard version especially differs from the other two. Also, only the short version has proper red yellow green color, the other two doesn't have any green.

Did you do them with different cars?

I know I should learn the track, but still, I'm letting you know :)

Just keeps getting better! for future updates, keep the same folder name (just name it "Toscana" for example).
If you put the version along with the name, Content Manager takes it as a different track so the times recorded on the previous version are deleted.

rIyWKrZ.jpg

Your work is great already and the Ginetta suits perfect :thumbsup:
If you're able to improve the AI the fun and challenge will be perfect.
Thank You :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back