F1 2010 Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Sao Paulo, Brazil (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 17th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Cheers Devils, I tihnk I am probably done for this TT. Working until 5 today and then home for dinner so I may try to grab half an hour after that but it's been such a busy weekend that I think I'll maybe just leave it.. I am happy with my time and if you do manage ot get ahead again then it'll be deserved so good luck if you do get some time on track.

Would love to see a video of one of your laps if you have one. Where in particular do we differ?

Cheers and once again good luck.

Cheers Devils, I tihnk I am probably done for this TT. Working until 5 today and then home for dinner so I may try to grab half an hour after that but it's been such a busy weekend that I think I'll maybe just leave it.. I am happy with my time and if you do manage ot get ahead again then it'll be deserved so good luck if you do get some time on track.

Would love to see a video of one of your laps if you have one. Where in particular do we differ?

Cheers and once again good luck.

Looks like different lines through turn one: I seem to take a wider entry, later turn in, and turns 6 - 7 (I take a tighter turn in, catch some inner curb on 6, ease off, then cut tight inside 7, whereas you almost (almost!) invalidate your lap on the outer curb coming up to 8.

There is a link of a lap I invalidated on the last corner on the vids thead mate -

Seriously, as small as 4 hundreths is, I dont think the devil has it in him! (or the patience to try much) as you say, although its been my first TT week, its been a long gruelling one! Still, it was a baptism of fire into assistless driving, and now im never going back!

Shame I won't have time to put in another attempt as I am now working until 2am tonight. Well done in advance to whoever wins it this week, you have all put in quite a bi of effort, and good to see lower down guys like me still pushing hard despite being a fee secs back to better their own times.

Good work chaps!

@Andrew you have PM about new track as I can't start it off (working)

@Devil seeing your lap there I can point out a few things, first off turn 1 as much as you can go over the first curb unless your dead straight when hitting it you will be slower coming out of turns 2/3 try only 1 wheel half way on it max I would suggest and get on the power earlier as soon as you have finished slowing down for that first bend when your car is pointed at the 2nd curb full throttle all the way and dont be afraid to use the 3rd curb and the grass if neccassary you will feel wobbly if it goes this wide but I can guarentee you will get a hell of an exit and more importantly those 4/10ths

2nd is turn 6 coasting for far to long you can use that very last curb before turn 8 so give it more power through there if you come in wider a little later and turn in you should just scrape the first curb (not going over it driver over the 2nd curb and still be full throttle just as you hit the outside curb for your downshifts to turn 8 use all of this curb to so your lined up for turn 9.

3rd was turn 10 need to be more to the outside turn in scrape the apex and a smooth acceleration out of the corner.

@Devil seeing your lap there I can point out a few things, first off turn 1 as much as you can go over the first curb unless your dead straight when hitting it you will be slower coming out of turns 2/3 try only 1 wheel half way on it max I would suggest and get on the power earlier as soon as you have finished slowing down for that first bend when your car is pointed at the 2nd curb full throttle all the way and dont be afraid to use the 3rd curb and the grass if neccassary you will feel wobbly if it goes this wide but I can guarentee you will get a hell of an exit and more importantly those 4/10ths

2nd is turn 6 coasting for far to long you can use that very last curb before turn 8 so give it more power through there if you come in wider a little later and turn in you should just scrape the first curb (not going over it driver over the 2nd curb and still be full throttle just as you hit the outside curb for your downshifts to turn 8 use all of this curb to so your lined up for turn 9.

3rd was turn 10 need to be more to the outside turn in scrape the apex and a smooth acceleration out of the corner.

Ooo thanks for the pointers there! I must say, that video wasnt my current fast lap, and I have improved, especially in turn 10, but I thought there was a lot more speed through the Sennas and turn 6 which your comments should help me try and achieve.

Thanks again Andrew!

Now I know I said I was done for this week but im on holiday and am bored with refreshing the forums waiting for you guys to post your battle reports, so I had a little go of about 85 laps and came back with a 1:07.934 nothing special about the lap I even went wide in turn 6 and turn 10 I took too far from the outside curb so with a few more laps reckon a 1:07.7 is there.

Attachments

• Sao Paulo Wet.jpg
    Sao Paulo Wet.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 226
I can no longer get past turn 1................. :(
Even studying your ghost and taking your advice, I cannot get straight enough.

Well done on yet another improved time. Im sure if you tried really hard there is a 6 in there somewhere.

I can no longer get past turn 1................. :(
Even studying your ghost and taking your advice, I cannot get straight enough.

Well done on yet another improved time. Im sure if you tried really hard there is a 6 in there somewhere.

Doubting a 6 is in there since I think ive burnt out most of my engines for time trial mode.

I did see you online wanted to send you a msg but since you were in time trial I would of hated to screw up that perfect lap for you. I had your ghost up when I was doing my laps and the few corners I did see were turns 10 and 12 riding the curb go around them :p also I think you said you were riding with a 4/4 wing go with a 3/1 as its the rear wing that stuffs your top end speed the most, just be aware that the car will be a little more unstable under braking into a corner and accelerating through a corner

Anyone who hasnt already dont forget to post a picture, I can check up on PC times but a few of you are missing Graham Hope (Bob Mule) and James Chant (Sir Jim of Slim) both on Xbox if anyone can find them would be a great help

Doubting a 6 is in there since I think ive burnt out most of my engines for time trial mode.

I did see you online wanted to send you a msg but since you were in time trial I would of hated to screw up that perfect lap for you. I had your ghost up when I was doing my laps and the few corners I did see were turns 10 and 12 riding the curb go around them :p also I think you said you were riding with a 4/4 wing go with a 3/1 as its the rear wing that stuffs your top end speed the most, just be aware that the car will be a little more unstable under braking into a corner and accelerating through a corner

Thanks for the consideration to not msg! I could just see it now, on for the perfect 1:06.999, turn 12, and a msg from you arrives!! :D haha!

I really do appreciate the help, but its not going to happen for me today. That ghost you watched was using a 3/1 - now i am trying too hard and I cannot get turn 1 right - even if I did get it spot on, one of the others would trip me up.

Its been a long day, im tired, had my real car vandalised last night and I just dont think my head is in the right place. If I carry on im just gonna do some damage to my wheel, or get in trouble from the missus for shouting profanity and mumbling.

Hey Devils, sorry to hear about the car that really sux : (

Like you I'm done for this TT, been a tough day at work and didn't get back until after 6 so only just got to have a sit down and relax so am just too knackered to rush straight onto the track.

May turn a wheel later on to see if any improvement is possible out of competition or might try to get back briefly to my career which has been almost totally ignored since I started this TT lark *lol*

Good job again Andrew on yet another improvement.... do you think you'll ever reach a time that is impossible to better!!!
Would love to see your comments on my lap if you get a chance mate. Always happy to see where I can improve: )

@Peter ok ive viewed your video looked like it was playing at a faster speed than normal but the main thing I saw is your not using the full width of the track ill give a run down now.

Turn 1 stay all the way to the right come in tight on the left so you have a nice wide turning circle for the 2nd corner its better to compromise the 1st corner since you want the max speed for the straight.

Turn 4/5 nearly there just need to come in off the top of that inside curb or you feel unsettled and wont get on the power as a result again use all the track all the way to the outside so you carry more speed up the next straight.

Turn 6 looked pretty much there think you might of been a little suprised by how wide you were going and came back across to far you can ride that curb all the way to the end you should be aiming to have the car just coming off the curb right at the end and over the inside curb for a nice entry to 9 keep it tight you lost a little time round 9 by overshooting.

Turn 10 again use all the road nice and wide clip the curb on the inside and gently out of the corner once your straight you should be able to have full throttle around to 12 again use all the road stay to the right aim for the left wheel to get as close to the curb as possible but not hit it you should gain a good 2/10ths on that corner alone by the time you have hit the finish line.

Ok so here are the results.

Andrew Bortz 1:07.934 (PC)
Wekkie 1:08.451 (PC)
Tamás Fóth 1:08.652 (PC)
Mutant Doctor 1:09.180 (PC)
Chris Rees 1:09.488 (Xbox)
Michael Gray 1:09.931 (PC)
Peter Hooper 1:10.724 (Xbox)
Devilsixpence 1:10.768 (PC)
Mike Alman 1:11.855 (Xbox)
James Chant 1:11.856 (Xbox)
Hectari 1:12.158 (PC)

Good luck with any improvements after this TT.

Picture below if for Hectari's proof of time.

Attachments

• Sao Paulo Wet 2.jpg
    Sao Paulo Wet 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 198
Super close between Mike and James there!! And i thought myself and Peter were tight!

Ive enjoyed this weeks comp, it was my first TT, my first without assists, and my first experience of Interlagos - all wrapped up with wet conditions. I didnt win, but i feel i became a F1 grownup all in the space of a few days hard graft.

Thanks for the support and advice from all you guys throughout te week.

Congratulations to Andrew on the win, and everyone else on their hard earned positions.

Till next time!

Super close between Mike and James there!! And i thought myself and Peter were tight!

Ive enjoyed this weeks comp, it was my first TT, my first without assists, and my first experience of Interlagos - all wrapped up with wet conditions. I didnt win, but i feel i became a F1 grownup all in the space of a few days hard graft.

Thanks for the support and advice from all you guys throughout te week.

Congratulations to Andrew on the win, and everyone else on their hard earned positions.

Till next time!
We seem to be getting closer and closer at the back.. James and myself finished with the exact same time in the Abu Dhabi TT last time out!!
Loving it though as it's pushing us all to do better: )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back