F1 2010 Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #11 Sao Paulo, Brazil, (Wet)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Sao Paulo, Brazil (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 17th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

@Peter Dont expect a run down of every track id hate to try explaining somewhere like singapore 23 corners of basically the same thing dont touch the curbs and dont hit the walls :p

@Chris Hard work is a very accurate description the only thing I fear is someone topping it, ill bloody well break down into tears if this happens within the next 5 years or so. (Mind you I still didnt beat your first posted time im still convinced its not a fake)

@All Oh my walkthrough doesnt really apply now with my current lap. I think I broke half the rules of what I said not to do, although turn 6 is definately a 2 downshifts (4th gear) unless your not using my package. Also keep up the fighting I wanna see someone in the 1:09 by tonight you guys ned to keep this thread updated constantly so I know whats going on or ill be forced to go back driving again. Who knows what will happen if it comes to that.

Amazing Andrew, well driven! Dunno how you do it tbh. I'll have more time this weekend to give it a better go. So far I'm trying to relearn the track which I did a few months ago, but in the dry and with some assists.

First attempt: 1:11.115

Hi inam! Nice to see you here. I know you're more than capable of getting into the 1.08's.

A new PB for me at 1:12.107. Weird because it was the only lap I didnt screw up. Im racing a 1:10 ghost and its not that far away.

I gotta walk away now, my back is killing me and im getting frustrated, borderline angry at me'sen :D

Im hoping to at least beat Mutant Doctors first attempt time. Doubt im gonna touch the 1:09s tonight, especially after a day at work, not exactly fresh!

Great job Andrew.... doubt anyone will get close to that.

@Mutant, welcome mate..... but did you really have to beat me quite so quickly ; )

@Mike haven't been on today but may sneak on just to check out your time, from your comment I am guessing you have blown me away.. well done mate (better open those gritted teeth now) *lol*

@Devils keep at it, your so close to joining the 1:11 club......

Interested to know what setups everyone is using (low df, standard engineers, etc)

This game really has got a grip on me..... find myself running through each turn in my head whenever my mind is free haha

@Devils keep at it, your so close to joining the 1:11 club......

Oh 1:12.077 for me and im calling it a night. I got that using the fastest stock set up, changing the DF to 3's and springs to 5.

Has anybody else beaten their PB ghost yet got a time a few seconds slower?
I was racing my 1:12.170 ghost, clearly beat it, yet got a 1:14.plop! Whats all that aboot?

devilsixpence, you will have to get into 1:09s to beat me now :)
1:09.508

Aw man! Mind you, I did say I wanted to beat your first time, not your quickest!

I kinda knew if you pulled a 1:11 out the bag on your first attempt, it would drastically improve!

@Devil I think I know what has happened. When you load up your ghost the first valid lap you set becomes the ghost you race slower ghosts after this wont do the same but for some reason it always overwrites the ghost you loaded up. The personal best remains up their and will show how much quicker/slower you are in each sector but the ghost car wont be there.

The only way to keep the fastest ghost up is to set a fastest time that you have ever done and never quit f1 2010 as it regards it as the same session.

@PETE, ive just finished another long stint an noticed you're still at it !!! i'm sooooo close to breakin into 110 but have to call it quits for tnte , i worringly checked the leaderboard to see if you'd leapfrogged me an at 01.08 it seems i'm still just ahead ! BUT i no you're givin it large (check me down wit da kidz lol) an i wouldn't be anything other than over the moon if you did get there first m8, i've found it so hard to get that last half a second but will, like you an the rest of us "rear gunners", keep pluggin away ! now gonna ENJOY the rest of whats left of me bottle o wine an bid you all farewell

@Mike *lol* love the kidz speak.. haha you were still on the track as I was switching off the ol' Xbox last night.. I sent you a little message before I left. I did have a prettty long stint and completed around 70 laps but couldn't seem to find that extra that was needed. Ended up beating my previous best by just a couple of tenths so I am still slightly behind you.

To be truthfull I am nowhere near as hopeful of getting into the 1:10's as I was after the previous night's stint. I just seemed to be lacking some speed last night for some reason. Not sure if it was possibly to do with the engine mapping bug that Fahood has mentioned as after my stint I went into the garage and spotted that my engine was set to 'Fast' in there and Fahood has mentioned that when it is set that way you don’t actually get the boost you get when setting it from the cockpit. Maybe I am just clutching at straws though…

We were pretty evenly matched all around the track I am ahead from the start and around turn 1 but you gain the edge from turn 2-4 before I get ahead from 4-8 but you definitely have a good advantage through 8/9/10 which is where your little bit of lead seems to come from. We pretty much stay the same through 11 to the end.

I did expect to be able to find the time to get me into the 1:10's mainly through turn 4 and turn 12 but it just never happened last night. Hopefully get some more laps over the weekend but at the minute I think you are looking safe where you are as I feel like I am maybe at my limit in the mid 1:11's.

You on a low df setup? I tried several things last night with Andrews and a few minor tweaks, plus I tried much softer springs, then harder, higher wings and then low again and tweaking the gearing but in the end I went back to my 1:11.756 setup and that was where I eventually found that little bit of improvement.

Anyway, good luck in the 1:10 quest…..hopefully one of us will make it but not confident at the moment that it will be me.

@Andrew and Mutant I mentioned the same thing the previous day with regard to the ghost.. it was very confusing but I think you are right Andrew. Don't know why it does that and it's a bit annoying so the only way around it would be to choose a ghost from someone else with the same time if that's the time you are wanting to aim for....

@Devil I think I know what has happened. When you load up your ghost the first valid lap you set becomes the ghost you race slower ghosts after this wont do the same but for some reason it always overwrites the ghost you loaded up. The personal best remains up their and will show how much quicker/slower you are in each sector but the ghost car wont be there.

The only way to keep the fastest ghost up is to set a fastest time that you have ever done and never quit f1 2010 as it regards it as the same session.

@andrew - Thanks for the info, had a feeling that was the case but at the time the sheer rage had me almost tearing my g27 from the desk and flinging it through the window I tell ya! That would have been a pretty stupid move, because really it was the pedals that were to blame, not the wheel ;)

I need to sort my posture out. I cant get my pedals back far enough, or the wheel forward enough, so im a bit hunched and after a few laps, my back is hurting - so its a distraction. This weekend I plan to re-house my sub, and then find a way to secure the pedals further under my desk, felt much much better when I tried it out.

Ok guys, Mike's out so i'm off round to his to barracade his doors and stop him getting any further in front *lol*
Will be looking out for any more progress from the rest of you tonight as doubt I will get any track time in.

Cheers all

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years