Thrustmaster t500rs or Fanatec csw, bmw rim and csp v2 pedals?

• Thread starter Deleted member 151827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 151827

• Deleted member 151827

Hey all. Just sold all my stuff and am ready to buy a new wheel. :) I was looking at the Fanatec csw, bmw rim and csp v2 pedals or the Thrustmaster t500rs. The Fanatec stuff looks far superior, but that doesn't always Maen anything. What is your take on it? Thanks all. :)

Ooooh not good mate........do NOT go above 100 FF with AC. BIG risk to damage motors. Tune gain down by .01 at a time til you find a good feel.

The setting on the wheel is designed for games with very low base gain on FFB-not for games like AC that have massive gain to begin with. Fanatec clearly states that on the FAQs on their website.

:confused: ok, and how do we know which games are high ffb and which are low?
or are sims no matter what in the high ffb section?

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
Well.....unless you guys are built like brickhouses you should be able to tell. :)

Games like Codies F1 series are usually lower on FFB - AC is very strong. A good guideline is this: Try any game with the Formula rim first. Reason: weight. THe Formula rim is a lot lighter than the BMW rim. If a game feels too strong at 100 Str with 1.0 or 100% gain (whatever the game calls its FFB strength output) you know you have a high gain candidate.

Hope this helps a little.

In actual fact I like forces to be more subtle rather than sensationally strong.

On a sidenote: I am not 100% happy about the fact, that this info can only be found in a FAQ section and that there is no clear warning inside the CSW package about that. I feel, this could have prevented a lot of defects as a lot of folks out there just think: Boooyaaaa let's crank the mofo up!!! Yeehaaaa!
WRONG!!!!

Nevertheless.....let me quickly look up the page where it states what I just said and provide a link....

Searching the web......stand by......found it :)
http://au.fanatec.com/index.php?route=support/faq/faqknowledgebase

Under: What can be set in the tuning menu? it states:

FOR / SPR / DPR (default = 100)
These Force Feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the Force Feedback Signals of a game. In theory there are 3 types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the wheel into a special direction), sping (pulls the wheel towards the center) and damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning menu in the CSW you can increase or reduce these different effects individually.
Please do only set these values higher than 100% if the Force Feedback effects are clearly not strong enough and weaker in comparison to other games. Pushing up one value to a very high number or even raising multiple values will result in higher load on the motors and increased heat development.

Upvote 0
That shoukd indeed pe written on a manual that comes with the wheel.
I wonder how much people would know about it being in Fanatec's FAQsection...

By the way (Mark), another question:
I read it's possible to hook your csp's directly onto the wheel (so they have abs)
or you can plug them into the pc (which gives another advantage but you loose the absone)
so what is best?

Upvote 0
That shoukd indeed pe written on a manual that comes with the wheel.
I wonder how much people would know about it being in Fanatec's FAQsection...

By the way (Mark), another question:
I read it's possible to hook your csp's directly onto the wheel (so they have abs)
or you can plug them into the pc (which gives another advantage but you loose the absone)
so what is best?
If you use Fanaleds, it has the ability to make ABS vibration through the USB route. I use that and it works fine and is adjustable but, Fanaleds must be running in the background.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea