The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Haha, that's a serious list of cars then. What cars are on that list exactly? Or is it all a big "surprise" when you start a new project?

No big surprise or anything, just no point in posting it but never actually getting round to making them. Because lets face it, I barely have time for the ones I've already started, let alone any more! :roflmao:

It takes a lot of willpower from me to try and not start too many things, willpower I sometimes don't have...

No big surprise or anything, just no point in posting it but never actually getting round to making them. Because lets face it, I barely have time for the ones I've already started, let alone any more! :roflmao:

It takes a lot of willpower from me to try and not start too many things, willpower I sometimes don't have...

Yeah, well.. It's not always about releasing it quick, it's about the fun making it. I know people will keep bothering you about when something is going to be released, but who cares about that. If more projects at once keep it fun for you, that don't hold back on starting more. Keeping the overview of all unfinished mods might become harder though.. haha

...Couldn't help myself. Been enjoying this thing again the past few days, and really felt the urge to do the wheels/tyre textures. Love this thing.

AlUXTPxh.jpg

2z2cuu0h.jpg

nNxvHxxh.jpg

YsLgRNoh.jpg

Too easy for Gary :p
let's pretend... so i can use all my magnificent teaser i pre-made...

project_sc10_170501_07.jpg

project_sc10_170501_02.jpg

The only good answer was below
Congratulations A3DR :D

Wrong tire shader spotted, but that's all I can say :roflmao:

I think the shader is just the shadow going through (or rather the light going through), it does that in some areas in the Caterham as well :( i read you said that it's needed to have a clean 'waterproof' mesh for a start (which i most likely don't!)

Too easy for Gary :p
let's pretend... so i can use all my magnificent teaser i pre-made...

It's funny, Gary said that from the first pic he couldn't tell, but the second it was obvious to him. For me, the first pic immediately got me to the Stratos concept, but the second pic made me doubt myself! :laugh:

About watertight - I've seen in various places over the last couple years that the AC engine needs a fully enclosed mesh for proper shadows, yes.

the green car paint looks marvelous!!

so yes, it is the stratos (oh very wow, much surprise)
i think it hasn't been done in any game yet ?
I made the model few years back, just the outside, very basic interior, redid a ferrari engine, but looking back at references now i think it's the wrong one XD it's meant to be a f430 and i did what looks like a 458 :roflmao:
The mesh is terrible, made for meshsmoothing=2 or 3 in some places, some very wrong shape...
aaaand a whole interior to model. Yay. Lot lot of work to have it clean in other words.

More previews:

project_sc10_170501_07.jpg

project_sc10_170501_10.jpg

I'm a master at photography.
blame the rather limited focus system :whistling:

here in its natural habitat (3dsmax+vray render)
a09.jpg

dzLPB0K.jpg

I was impatient once again, and curious. So over the week i started making it kunos friendly and started the conversion.

project_sc10_170501_01.jpg

project_sc10_170501_06.jpg

project_sc10_170501_09.jpg

project_sc10_170501_11.jpg

project_sc10_170501_12.jpg

It's now safe to say i have no idea when and if i'll ever make it a proper 1.0 some day !

On other news, i also have modeled a Polish supercar that i'd like to see ingame. Again i don't have interior detailled... but mesh should be cleaner!
a25.jpg

(Arrinera Hussarya)

So many ideas and so little time...

Last edited:
Sheez guys, so much quality here, very nice!

@garyjpaterson that old hot rod is looking really nice with the proper AO and the tire texture, really makes a difference in the overall look.
@Ben O'Bro you made those two models? looks really good!

About the tire shader, not only it's advisable to have a fully sealed wheel well, but also avoid using the KsTyres shader, it has a shadow bias bug that Kunos won't fix in the early future at least...

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tire-shine-bug.33020/page-2

Wow, very nice Ben, those are really good models, well worth the time I see :)

You lose the dirt effect but not the blur, since you have to make a separate model with the blur texture and place it with the "RIM_BLUR" objects, so it'll show at the same time of the blurred rim.

That stratos is just stunning ! i wish lancia had released it in a lower market such as a audi TT (bit more expensive ofc) and it didnt had to have a ferrari f430 engine...could be just a normal 2.0 4 cyl with turbo (like the 4C)...i seriously dont get Lancia...so much potencial they could achieve just by reviving some of its old models

looks bit better now
NcWlowq.png

b0Y0bUs.png

Last edited:
That stratos is just stunning ! i wish lancia had released it in a lower market such as a audi TT (bit more expensive ofc) and it didnt had to have a ferrari f430 engine...could be just a normal 2.0 4 cyl with turbo (like the 4C)...i seriously dont get Lancia...so much potencial they could achieve just by reviving some of its old models

The only reason it didn't hit the market was because it was based on an F430 and Ferrari put a stop to it. I wish they had gone back and built it on something else/new platform because it's a seriously cool car, but I guess they just didn't/don't have the capitol to pull it off?

The only reason it didn't hit the market was because it was based on an F430 and Ferrari put a stop to it. I wish they had gone back and built it on something else/new platform because it's a seriously cool car, but I guess they just didn't/don't have the capitol to pull it off?
That new Stratos was made by a privateer, based of the F430, the Fiat group had no hand in it. And Lancia overall has been reduced to ...I don't even know what to call it, a sort of Saab of the Fiat group? Can't find any info on them actually still selling Lancia branded cars.

------

Added something important to the Rac
2.jpg

1.jpg

inspired not by actual car fasteners but rather this:
3.jpg

:roflmao:

That new Stratos was made by a privateer, based of the F430, the Fiat group had no hand in it. And Lancia overall has been reduced to ...I don't even know what to call it, a sort of Saab of the Fiat group? Can't find any info on them actually still selling Lancia branded cars.

Right; forgot about the lack of Lancia backing. There was intent to make a small production run of the car, though, but Ferrari stopped it (since it used their chassis as a base). Sadly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.