The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

guys tell me if im posting too much progress of the car

SIcne its my "first model" everything i do its exciting to see (to me) XD as everything is the first
I'm rather expecting you to bin that perfect model yet again because you're not satisfied with something (because it looks "bad" when zoomed in at an angle impossible ingame) :D ;)

I opened up the Alzen Porsche model yesterday, thinking I could maybe enhance it a little at places with soem techniques I just stumbled upon recently :O_o: ...and closed it rather soon again. Feel like updating that model is a lost cause now, it's as good as it gets without a total remake (that'm I'm not planning to do).

guys tell me if im posting too much progress of the car

SIcne its my "first model" everything i do its exciting to see (to me) XD as everything is the first

Dude if that's your first car then that's one hell of a good start!!
Look how I started 17 years ago and you'll see what I mean :) (that yellow fugly thing)
adr first c2 car on the NET.jpg

Keep 'em coming!

@A3DR - Napster? tsk tsk :laugh::roflmao: I remember installing Softimage 3.7 way back...before 2000 - It was selling for like $15,000 or something insane. It wasn't a standard MS Windows program either so it was so hard to work in. I jumped to 3d Studio Max as soon as I could. I think of how far those tools have come along. It's incredible.

Finally got Wakefield Park v0.2 out...so back to cars for now

TS010 so far, bit of detailing, with a render for a change...currently hovering round 85,000 tris

I also mentioned a while ago Id already started working on another car for a modding team before starting this, its progressing nicely aswell...not entirely sure when I'll be showing that, hopefully soon...

i8gdVTt.jpg

Finally got Wakefield Park v0.2 out...so back to cars for now

TS010 so far, bit of detailing, with a render for a change...currently hovering round 85,000 tris

I also mentioned a while ago Id already started working on another car for a modding team before starting this, its progressing nicely aswell...not entirely sure when I'll be showing that, hopefully soon...

i8gdVTt.jpg
Now that looks impressive , great work man , details are killer :D

At first sight i tought it was a courage c41.. but i remeber the last peugeot 905 (92-93) looks very close..

It looks very accurate and a very good choosen model to work with.

Great start and i wish you good luck..
I hope you get the support you need!

I myself was also working on a peugeot 905.. but the earlier version.. 1991..
I stoped on it becuse i was hoping of reciving support.. I needed some help with brining it ingame and physics.. i recived no help so i stoped working on it. I joined a gtr2 modding team to improve my modding experience for my furture ac projects.

Quite happy with the lights, both on and off, will prove useful when redoing the Transit lights (and doing the Focus).

jfX1AZUh.jpg

cdZLjFxh.jpg

Few dash details, no idea what the red/green lights are supposed to indicate though. Still some more bits to do later.

hdeZvA4h.jpg
Fancy details! What started as a speedy challenge, ends up being elevated to a very professional and well finsihed mod!!
On my seven, green was for light, and red for charge when starting the engine, would come off once the battery was being recharged or some fancy english technical wording i don't know :D

Fancy details! What started as a speedy challenge, ends up being elevated to a very professional and well finsihed mod!!
On my seven, green was for light, and red for charge when starting the engine, would come off once the battery was being recharged or some fancy english technical wording i don't know :D

Cool, i'll make the green one indicate lights are on.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the fact the public version is so unfinished, so im keen to get an update out. Will just be one big update though, bring it uo to V1 and that's it.

Out of interest: What's happend on the channel of random callsign?
Greets After_Midnight
Not much, I mentioned to him that I'd prefer people don't modify my content without asking permission (or at least publicly so). He took the video down.

Not a big deal, and I get there's nothing I can do to stop it, but I'm not a fan of people badly modifying content and displaying it publicly, as it can often make the original content look bad (or the modder) if the changes made were not made clear. That's why I asked on the download page not to do so, and obviously these wishes were disregarded.

Unfortunately with the FOV I'm running I can't even see the dash when I'm driving it :D

Must be quite a narrow FOV? I use 44 (I think) and I've managed to get them in view for the default cockpit view, and I know the default FOV is much wider.

You're not missing much anyway, just a rev counter and water temp :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea