The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I have the proper physics for it (would need a bit of updating to my current standards but most of it is there)...just don't have a proper model for it. What @Giovaneveterano posted looks like the PCARS model.

Yeah I'd trust your physics over mine any day :roflmao: The ones I did for this was not really based on reality, just something to bring it in line with the rest of the GT3 class, as the original was miles off.

It wasn't really for public consumption, just for when we were running it in a league.

And yes, the model needs a ton of work anyway, I'd personally just start again.

spyker1.png

spyker2.png

Not much progress since ages (finding the lost PSD pt999).

I've managed to solve the scaling issues which you may have seen at the start of this thread/questions thread, so I guess it's time to post what I'm working on:
FE5Gh3L.png

If you don't recognize it, its a Ferrari Dino 308 GT4, and as far as I know, has never been in a racing game before.
3D is going slow but steady as I learnt 3D modeling just for this.
I'm also planning to try to do most of the physics of the car which shouldn't be a problem, because we own one ;)
G5gsxI3.jpg
I'm determined to get this done, no matter how long it's going to take.

Haven't actually done much but I just wanted to post these pics, thought they looked nice :)

I got the lights textures and layers organised to start making normal maps and stuff tomorrow, we'll see how that goes. - rear window now has the heating element inside and out too.

trynOygh.jpg

FNBfdzBh.jpg

jrUJXgVh.jpg

RzvUgT4h.jpg

ldc95zOh.jpg

Edit*

Also, does anyone know if its possible to have a transparent shader for glass that uses an RGB map? I don't like how shiny the glass (windows and lights) are in areas where they should be in shadow, would be great to be able to stop that (like under the rear spoiler).

Last edited:
Well finally got the track layout where I want it and have almost all the landscaping finished. Many many tweaks to the sand hills and tree locations all over. Also started applying some of the techniques I learned from RIR to try and make the sand come a bit more alive which is the main reason for these shots. Now I can remap the grass areas and start to bring in the brush details I have planned.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_bridgehampton_12-4-117-0-49-23.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_bridgehampton_12-4-117-0-49-43.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_bridgehampton_12-4-117-0-53-6.jpg

You can do this in the CM showroom, just press "c" key. ;)
Also check some official content to see what they doing.:rolleyes:
It's way faster to setup IMHO. :cool:
Thanks, I found that myself tho already. I was looking for a way to visualize the collider.kn5 in AC itself. Even tho I made it work on my other cars (with that "rotate by 90°" trick you need in Blender) it doesn't seem to work on my current project.
The CM Viewer will not visualize Blender made collider.kn5s correctly, even if they work fine ingame (don't ask me why, just doubleclick the collider form either the KRB or Alzen to see what I mean)

Thanks, I found that myself tho already. I was looking for a way to visualize the collider.kn5 in AC itself. Even tho I made it work on my other cars (with that "rotate by 90°" trick you need in Blender) it doesn't seem to work on my current project.
The CM Viewer will not visualize Blender made collider.kn5s correctly, even if they work fine ingame (don't ask me why, just doubleclick the collider form either the KRB or Alzen to see what I mean)

That's a pity, I see what you mean.

Maybe there is some other trick to get it working from blender, maybe @Stereo can explain how he got the f350 collider to work. If it's a CM problem I'm sure if you report for x4fab he will take a look and fix it.
DOOuoFO.jpg

Do you have it set up like this? I just tried this recently and it seems to work, only thing was to change Z axis to point forwards. (so first rotating it in object mode by 90 degrees and then rotate it back to original in edit mode)

WnDfgBw.jpg

acS4f4D.jpg

That's a pity, I see what you mean.

Maybe there is some other trick to get it working from blender,
The trick is it ignores the collider root object's rotation and looks only at the mesh's coordinates, you need to 'bake in' the coordinates by rotating it around X so Z is forward and Y is up for the mesh, apply the transform, then you can (fully optional) rotate the object back again so it'll line up with the object.

Do you have it set up like this? I just tried this recently and it seems to work, only thing was to change Z axis to point forwards. (so first rotating it in object mode by 90 degrees and then rotate it back to original in edit mode)

WnDfgBw.jpg

acS4f4D.jpg
I may need to test this... also saw that CM does indeed display the collider.kn5, and even does live updates for all the stuff (...why is x4fab not yet part of Kunos?)

For now I use the Lotus Elise collider, fits almost perfectly

The trick is it ignores the collider root object's rotation and looks only at the mesh's coordinates, you need to 'bake in' the coordinates by rotating it around X so Z is forward and Y is up for the mesh, apply the transform, then you can (fully optional) rotate the object back again so it'll line up with the object.
1.jpg

so in this case I now rotate it in object mode so that the "roof" is pointing where the node is now? Or in Mesh mode?

I got this all worked out once, but I never touch the collider again when it works and forgot it all :redface:

j6PJzHq.jpg

I have axes set to 'Local' so you can see that the object's rotated.

You can also not bother with that step and only rotate the mesh.
6brf1Hh.jpg

Either way works ok ingame, this version won't look right in Content Manager apparently.

Also you should set it smooth shaded, the extra vertices from flat shading don't help.

hmm, something is still not right here, as if the rotation is ignored. This is the resulting fbx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv6s7qiivc3kxym/collider.fbx?dl=0

maybe its because this blend file is based upont a ~10 year old blend file? Its the Raceabout car, some of the mesh is also acting weird, as if it has Normal/Edge split setting "burned in" that I can't change. Rest of the car is fine, including those animated doors that prompted this whole project.

Recently got taught how to create AO layers(annoyingly before CM added it)

So anyone that doesnt know how much of a difference it can make I made an example to show you

Sorry if this Mazda is from a malicious source, im pretty sure its not some illegal convert, if it is ill remove it and show another example

without ao

fef0a530fddf358ce75152ad2b61c6ac.png

with ao

b2f18b6362f136d348b41556a729bc4b.png

Release date: Dont ask me, I didnt make it

Don't know of any game that has 2017 IMSA DPi already, so this RT24-P might well be a scratch-made for once, or it's a model bought from somewhere.

And yeah, well done AO makes a world of difference.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.