The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Brownninja, have you started trying to properly replicate cars yet? Anyway. I'm getting this updated to new template, plus redoing helmets, pitcrew and driving suits as I found one image of reference.

#accuracy

View attachment 180917
Lol of course not, who do you think I am. Semi-fictional is the way to go, you avoid perfectionism, dont lose your mind when you are trying to do an old skin where there is a sponsor you cant recognise. Best of all having poor accuracy means kunos dont apparently "steal" my work. Jokes aside until i properly learn how to skin in 3d there will be inaccuracies and with the allocation of time I have for skinning that will be a while.

To the car in question though, yes this 787b pink pig is 100% the same as the real 787b pink pig.

If skinning was only meticulous replicas it would get boring quite fast. I personally really like interpretations and adaptations. Did you use the translated words, or random japanese words?

------
I dug out an old project and fabricated an exhaust header for it (with Blender Bezier curves, 5 minute job). Rest is all direct Catia CAD conversion. Despite this tris numbers are slightly below 20k for now.
Zwischenablage02.jpg

If skinning was only meticulous replicas it would get boring quite fast. I personally really like interpretations and adaptations.

Indeed. I pretty much only work on fictional skins because I enjoy designing (I mean, I AM a designer, after all). The actual process of drawing the livery is mildly therapeutic, but I can't bring myself to replicate something in detail because it's too tedious, and takes the fun out of doing it for me. I'll do the odd replica or real life inspired livery (like the Wedsport Celica I did for the FT86) but those are few and far between.

Very Early WIP, but some of you are going to enjoy this screenies :sneaky:
View attachment 180975 View attachment 180976 View attachment 180977

:confused:

My body is ready.

• Deleted member 130869

Nice, Sergio!!! A little dark in overall tone but nearly everything is blending in together. I like the slight camber changes too.

Whats up with this new trend of being "dissappointed" ? Haven't noticed this so much before. I understand Kunos getting a lot of that, they deal with so many players, but modders ? I guess they has to take that as a very untactful compliment, this means they appreciate their skill. Possibly they just don't know what they need or want, and then expressing their frustration in a bad way. I'd suggest to hold the frustration and take a break then, learn to enjoy what you have. Become a better person.

Nah it's nothing new. When the Modding subforums were still open tons of comments were of the "don't waste your time on this, do a *insertJDMcarofchoice* instead, in these 4 variants!!!!!!"-type

Disappointed is a large word. When I saw it was the newer one I had a slight "aww bummer" moment. Nothing wrong with feeling that way. Doesn't mean any of us is ungrateful or wouldn't enjoy it :D

Looking good, but something's a bit wrong with your triangulation. Lots of |\|/|/|\|/|\| instead of |\|\|\|\|\|, especially on that windshield. Could seriously mess with reflections.
Those rims, btw...:inlove:

Disappointed is a large word. When I saw it was the newer one I had a slight "aww bummer" moment. Nothing wrong with feeling that way. Doesn't mean any of us is ungrateful or wouldn't enjoy it :D

Looking good, but something's a bit wrong with your triangulation. Lots of |\|/|/|\|/|\| instead of |\|\|\|\|\|, especially on that windshield. Could seriously mess with reflections.
Those rims, btw...:inlove:

That's how the video card renders the geometry, NOT how the mesh is built, actually they're all quads.
Nothing wrong with the reflections here:
screenshot010 - Copy (3).jpg

As for the disappointed comment I don't take it as something bad or negative, I'd take classics any time over modern cars and is understandable that at this point is what it's expected of me.
This is a paid job I'm doing so it's not entirely my choice. Would love to do the Steve McQueen car though :)

Code:
VERSION=6
Loading 16 textures
ERROR: D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromMemory failed

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (183): KGLTexture::initSize
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (110): KGLTexture::KGLTexture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgl.cpp (678): kglCreateTextureFromBuffer
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\texture.cpp (64): Texture::Texture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\resourcestore.cpp (75): ResourceStore::getTextureFromBuffer
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (810): KN5IO::loadTexture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (584): KN5IO::loadMaterialsBinary
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (213): KN5IO::load
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\carmodel.cpp (229): CarModel::initCar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\carmodel.cpp (59): CarModel::CarModel
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\showroomscreen.cpp (44): ShowroomScreen::ShowroomScreen
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acshowroom\acshowroom.cpp (208): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 772E336A)
772E336A (kernel32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77A59902)
77A59902 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 77A598D5)
77A598D5 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain

anyone an idea what this error log indicates? Car won't even load in showroom (or Content Manager)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back