The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

now that's the "S1" featuring long wings :D

170117_screen05.jpg

170117_screen06.jpg

170117_screen04.jpg

also featuring headlights, and dashboard lights discreetly

Last update before I sadly go back to work :( Spent the day mostly on real life stuff (making sure my car will get me to work again :roflmao:), but also wrestling (and failing) to make a nice animation for the door opening.

Had some cool struts working in 3ds, but for whatever reason the ksEditor couldn't cope with that - so will have to postpone that idea and do a more simple hinge...

However as a last rush to feel like I added something to this beast today, I managed to get some wheel blur! Took me some time to work it out, but I think it looks alright.

Bit of a problem though; ANy way to have the rim_blur texture be effected by the detail texture? As it stands, the rim blur looks good on light coloured wheels, but on black the blur texture isn't effected by the detail, so isn't black.
I tried all the shaders with detail, but the alpha channel doesn't show through. I must be missing something, but not sure what.

KM4UqVph.jpg

sxClDNFh.jpg

I expect updates will slow down a little bit (probably all glad I stop spamming this thread... :p), but I'm still pushing to get it released!

I expect updates will slow down a little bit (probably all glad I stop spamming this thread... :p), but I'm still pushing to get it released!
Out of interest, what sort of lap times does it do at say Red Bull Ring?

I have no idea about the rim blur thing, this was the reason I went against using detail texture on mine (the 996 in this case). In general it seems that with a detail texture you lose the ability for transparency.

Out of interest, what sort of lap times does it do at say Red Bull Ring?

I have no idea about the rim blur thing, this was the reason I went against using detail texture on mine (the 996 in this case). In general it seems that with a detail texture you lose the ability for transparency.

Im thinking i'll just chuck the rim blur texture in with the skins and just make it darker/lighter as required, that should do the trick.

Funnily enough i did a couple of laps at the RBR today (testing the brake glow). I think i did a 1:39.x IIRC, though i expect a better driver would easily improve on that.

In general it seems that with a detail texture you lose the ability for transparency.
I remember the XJ13 had its transparency controlled by the NM alpha for some reason? That way the diffuse can still have a proper alpha channel for detail textures. I might interpret this completely wrong, though :p

Funnily enough i did a couple of laps at the RBR today (testing the brake glow). I think i did a 1:39.x IIRC, though i expect a better driver would easily improve on that.
Was just asking because I threw my project around it last weekend, and made times in the low 1:30s iirc. Not that any of them were valid, if you push it even racing slicks won't stop you from four wheel drifting out of corners :D I can't quite beat normal GT3 cars yet, but aero is still whatever temporary values I put in there. We were not yet successful in doing those aero simulations.

Was just asking because I threw my project around it last weekend, and made times in the low 1:30s iirc. Not that any of them were valid, if you push it even racing slicks won't stop you from four wheel drifting out of corners :D I can't quite beat normal GT3 cars yet, but aero is still whatever temporary values I put in there. We were not yet successful in doing those aero simulations.

Well I don't think mine really in the same league as yours, considering it runs road legal tyres, and fairly moderate aero (no more than some other street car aero). It has lightness on its side - but really its not about laptimes :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back