The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Finally recorded a video of this things the the Nords - really scruffy driving, but you get a sense of how this thing drives. You get to see the dash displays in action though, turns out they don't show in replays so had to record it live.

Bit of a moment at Kesselchen (around 4:08) where I clipped the kerb, overcorrected, and somehow kept it out of the barriers :confused:

Anyway it was around a 7:25, I'm sure a clean lap would shave off 5s at least, and a quicker driver would probably be able to take off 10s over that.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I'm working on Gulf Oil pack for the 917K. Including #1-2, 9-10 (Brands Hatch 1000), 20-21. If anyone wants to keep working on the 917k field, I'd recommend the Martini or the already-existing 23 car with logos added to it.

21.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

I forgot the author's name, I remember following his 917k work from the beginning until it all went dark earlier in the year, likely when the details of the change in ownership were being set (or he gave up?). It's outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think guys nickname was "Fiesling". I've been going crazy over lack of news. It was difficult :D

The tip is Ok, other piece of UV takes care of it. You see just side part UV island here.

• Deleted member 130869

Does anybody know what it says above Bosch? I could only find a reference close enough on this model.

Thatass.JPG

• Deleted member 130869

Phew, made excellent progress on the liveries (all done, not making Brands Hatch because it would just litter the game with Gulf Oil skins). Not done yet as I am doing the Porsche badge by hand so it's not some poor quality, low resolution thing, and it's taking a while.

A heads-up, the 962C short tail model and template have been updated so the problem at the rear with asymmetrical liveries should be eliminated. Even previously, the AO had enough padding so technically you shouldn't have to update your skins, especially if you made them in 4k. However, you might wanna update your custom RGB map files (if anyone tweaked it) if you exported them in 512x512 with the AO from the new template.

In the 917k template the wireframe is a slightly older version just behind the front radiator on the bonnet where most of the front racing numbers are, so it'll not align perfectly. The UV was fixed in the last minute and I didn't have a chance to update the template, I hope you can work around it for now. (Alternatively, you can use Content Manager to export the correct wireframe).

In the 917k template the wireframe is a slightly older version just behind the front radiator on the bonnet where most of the front racing numbers are, so it'll not align perfectly. The UV was fixed in the last minute and I didn't have a chance to update the template, I hope you can work around it for now. (Alternatively, you can use Content Manager to export the correct wireframe).
917_wire.jpg

Looking good to me. Green wireframe is from content managner and black beneath from template.

Here is a first attempt on the 1970 Le Mans winner.
917_23_01.jpg

Sadly the UV of engine cover isn't ideal where the GoodYear logo is.
Stripes and numbers are yet based on the PP3 skin.

And that is all for today, Rogue One in the cinema is next on the list. ;)

• Deleted member 130869

Panty, whère is the mapping for the inner walls of the engine bay area? The 22 car from 1970 is orange all over that area but the walls get the main color of the car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.