The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Sorry, bit of a photo dump but I'm just pleased at how its looking now :) Didn't even get relevant pics.. :p

Got pretty much all the exterior stuff done now, only a couple of things left. Now each suspension arm has its place instead of just randomly intersecting the body.
Completely terrified but excited to get stuck in and UV unwrap everything :confused: can't put it off any longer like every other project...

w84zGOih.jpg

NUKoshPh.jpg

t9JDsBGh.jpg

lDXgZDUh.jpg

HSY55Qah.jpg

fPzJ6oGh.jpg

38YVbb6h.jpg

i gotta say.. im a bit supprised.. i making plenty results on a very little amount of time.
Just gotta take care of the turbosmooth becuse its killing the quality att some places of the model XD
And then i have to improve the accuracy aswell. i have a very good base model to work on.

Who knows what more i will do more?.. its all going on very well..
02d0f18d17f1ee313464cdfb491a4fb2.png

has anyone mentioned that viruta lm is giving permission of conversion of their latest rfactor 1 mod?
Kinda supprised i havent seen anyone trying to bring any of their good models to asetto corsa.

Btw is there any good intresst in group c cars for assetto corsa?.. im really hyped about hte toyota ts010! Would love to drive that car!

Im up for any type of 3d work now when i have alooooooot of free time.. feel free to request any specific car i perhaps should consider doing.. Im very posetive to share my models if anyone is intressted of using them in modding.. (not commerical, free mods..)
I had people at other places offering their help to bring the models to Rfactor 2.

If someone would have been intressted i know a guy who made a 3d model for one of the spice cars.
Maybe that model could along with permission see a way into AS?

You'll have to do a lot more ! Nice beginning :) keep it on Looks like your mesh faces normals might be inverted. To make edges sharper, or sharp. You'll ether have to use modifiers which does that, or add edges which are close to each another, to get creased edge look. Also it might be usefull to set some faces shading as "flat", not often though...

Never apply modifier till the right moment.

has anyone mentioned that viruta lm is giving permission of conversion of their latest rfactor 1 mod?
Kinda supprised i havent seen anyone trying to bring any of their good models to asetto corsa.

Really ? Thats amazing, where did you get this info from ?

Last edited:
theres ofcourse alot more do.. The modifyers are not applyed or collapsed into each other ;). I just made it viable for a better preview.

regarding the permission. its only granted for the latest mod. the one that was brought to rfactor and featured the older C era. 1980-1988. The permission was granted at their offical fb account..

this is the message from april 8th 2016

Hi all.
As you have seen no report from us in a long, long time.
Personaly I was to busy learning and working on my new job.
Vivemclaren to busy with school and the other team members with their work.
1f642.png
:)

We have an anouncement too make.

WE will allow any conversion of GTPC to any mod platform!!

Only thing we ask is:

1. LET US KNOW! (we might help you with stuff)
2. Give the right credits visible in your mod.

For me personal:
Please do not just take one car. Build a set of cars.

Have fun guys.
Make this mod rock!!

• Deleted member 130869

Their Porsche 956 and Lancia LC2 would be a nice port :thumbsup:. For requests.... Jaguar XJR-9 :roflmao:.

I'm also quite excited for the 1991 Toyota. I used to drive it a lot in V_LM's F1C Prototype C mod, the original release. That mod is what got me into sim racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

Like the CTDP 2005 mod for rF2, the conversion is so poor that I doubt it will ever be released legally, only leaked. I've spoken with a couple of people but it seems there is quite a bit of work to bring it up to today's standards so I don't think we'll ever see it converted.

• Deleted member 130869

Tbh I wouldn't really trust Kunos DF numbers on any cars...the 919 is also rather far off and also makes up for it with overly grippy tires at high loads...

Back on this topic, I assume Aris is well aware of this and is a conscious decision? Some turbo cars are a good challenge to drive but there is the sad realization they aren't accurate. The 98T still could use with a good update.

Back on this topic, I assume Aris is well aware of this and is a conscious decision? Some turbo cars are a good challenge to drive but there is the sad realization they aren't accurate. The 98T still could use with a good update.
Erm...no. The car is carrying some 500 lbs too little DF at 200 mph compared to the numbers I've seen, and the tires are completely unrealistic (suspension geo also shows little similarity to real pics). I highly doubt that's a concious decision (to make an inaccurate car) coming from devs who are aiming for an accurate simulator. Other cars are even worse but we should try to stay on the topic of the thread.

Erm...no. The car is carrying some 500 lbs too little DF at 200 mph compared to the numbers I've seen, and the tires are completely unrealistic (suspension geo also shows little similarity to real pics). I highly doubt that's a concious decision (to make an inaccurate car) coming from devs who are aiming for an accurate simulator. Other cars are even worse but we should try to stay on the topic of the thread.

Maybe you should try to share with them your findings in physics section?
Personally I would be really curious to have you elaborate some more.

Alright everyone.. i dont know if i should keep the car as it is..
But shall i consider adding more polygons for it?
the model is almost done.. i will soon try to add it ingame.. will map it and creat a template aswell ofc.
The tings missing are the cockpit layout, rear wing, roof scoop and the cars undertray.

regarding the phyiscs.. i dont really know how to get a solution for it. I cant take from another car as the sauber becuse the peugeot is far more unrelible and incosistent during 1990-1991. But still it was faster then both the mazda 787b or the sauber.
Finding any data for it has been a great struggle..

b753d557541aacc73eb5f64bd732f3ab.png

note that im not really done with overalsmoothing part eather.. I have to fix some more things but it its promosing
6e9aef96a482c646af4f47587b59cd2f.png

2d5893c99b6d352e01add133447413a7.png

so far i only spent a couple of hours on the model.. lost barley any time.. if the community would like to be supportive and contribute then theres more for me to do.. ;)

the model is almost done.. i will soon try to add it ingame.. will map it and creat a template aswell ofc.
The tings missing are the cockpit layout, rear wing, roof scoop and the cars undertray.

Almost... done... promising attitude

Man you have barely started it, finish is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong long long way ahead. You probably haven't even left orthographic view mode yet.

Almost... done... promising attitude

Man you have barely started it, finish is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong long long way ahead. You probably haven't even left orthographic view mode yet.
i trying to keep a good atitude alteast keeps me more motivated..

but i prefer calling it almost done.. atleast when im dusiccuing about the accrucy and the base model...

to be far this was one of easiest models i have ever worked with.. i have done a couple before.. the things take takes the most time for me is ingame testing and underneth details.. cockpit is also rough to do aswell.

the previous ones were really though.. this one had an very easy blueprint.. but regarding my progress i should have this model ready for ingame testing within week.
Im fast with 3d work.. Just when theres good photos to work with.

I have it easy to make progress of my model.. but i should defintly not hesitate.. it will keep down the quality i can confirm.

But my apologies.. stating its too close to completion is not correct within the terms.. lets say its base model is satisfying and reaching completion..

• Deleted member 130869

@VaporOne I can try reaching out to a couple of Virtua_LM guys to ask if they still have any data/info on the car (might be 1992) for you. About pace, just build it for what it is, if its disadvantages come from 3-24hr long races, there's not much you can do since the game can't handle it. Maybe work the engine parameters so it can't be abused and the limiter bouncing off the red all the time. Much like the C9 at 80% or more progressively hurts the engine - to possibly blown in 12 minutes at 100%.

The physics of any car in AC (or any physics engine really) are going to be very difficult for a beginner. Less so with road cars, as their aero is rather simple.

These cars however carry massive loads and have rather particular aero that is hard to replicate (especially considering the lack of data available). So to @VaporOne I would suggest you spend a good amount of time trying to learn the physics engine before you implement multiple cars.

You're going to struggle trying to find any data for the 1991 car...most of any references are for the 1992-93 car and even those are few and far between. But I guess as something to work from, the 1992 car at Le Mans had a lift to drag ratio of 5:1 up to about 165 mph. At that speed, they had designed the diffuser to stall (according to my contact), as downforce was no longer especially needed. So in shedding both DF and drag (much more of the former than the latter), the L/D ratio at top speed (~215 mph) was only 4.8:1.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%