The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

• Deleted member 130869

Tbh I wouldn't really trust Kunos DF numbers on any cars...the 919 is also rather far off and also makes up for it with overly grippy tires at high loads...

Except their C9, which has no grip and no downforce.

:roflmao:

Does anybody have the whole texture folder for the 962 ? I'd like to customize the windows to try something but the files for the external/internal windows are not available (except for internal windshield).
Moreover, I had my graphic card which crashed tonight so it won't help to move on :(

For 1989, we'd need more variety. Jaguar XJR-9, Mazda 767B, Aston Martin AMR1. Then there's the beautiful Nissan R89C.

So building something like the XJR-12, or even the Cougar C2S or Spice SE89 (ton of entrants) or 90, though not the winners like the 1992 car, it would still add to the grid. The Peugeot 905 struggled with reliability but ...

ps: I'll always ask about possibility of allowing quality ports to rFactor2 :D. It would be a dream to have all the good cars available on both games.

I will be doing a 3d model for the peugeot 905 1991 version.
Im not negative to do any more group c cars afterwards.
But if i will do these cars then i will need help and support.
Peugeot 905 Nissan R89c and Aston martin Amr1 are some cars that are really getting my intresst.. they could bring in alot of variation.

The things that takes the most time are to get the cars completly ingame and done.
considering i dont know alot of adding models ingame in assetto corsa then i guess i will struggle with time delays.
But if i would recive help with physics or ingame help then i would be greatful.
0893edf0ff9b2118154beb2daed82a4b.png

i spent 2 hours today on this model.. quite decent results.. But it wont be done on a good time

• Deleted member 130869

I don't expect anyone to be as Group C "freaks" as myself and a couple of others :p. Really, even if it's just one car made, I'm appreciative enough. All I wrote was to show what's out there and what can be possibilities, never expecting a production line. Patrik Sander is someone outside the curve, he made two great cars with a great team of talented people around him too, and as we all read before, may get started on a third one. And of course, quality, accurate work in this day and age takes a lot of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriks quality was awsome. Will be hard to challenge that.
Although im a big sportscar fan.
I dont really mind requests as long i have fun doing them. Great thing is that the current model is AS supposed. Therefor better quality then my other cars..
Im currently working on just 3 cars (kremer , courage and peugeot 905.)

So far 2 are almost done and i have had alot of fun doing them..
Feel free to leave more requests and i will see what i can do.. (in the furture ofc)
I love the 90s and the awsome group c era.

I'd like to customize the windows to try something but the files for the external/internal windows are not available (except for internal windshield).
There are only these 2 files:
  • glass.dds for the glass color
  • windscreen.dds for scratches and wiper marks, but the sidewindow share the same area as the frontscreen in the file.
What every you want to achive, good luck with it, but putting logos etc. on the windows won't work.

So you are part of a group developing a real track, and you test the design first in AC?
That's it. It's been useful for getting cambers and tweaking corners to get it to flow right. The only issue is trying to get the main designer to stop tweaking it!!

The kerbs are the hardest part, trying to find a solution within FIA rules that might have a chance of stopping a V8 supercar

Rennsport_Reunion_V_%2821810837381%29.jpg

Anybody have any idea why they put an Austrian flag by Hans Stuck's name? All the period pictures I've found are too blown out to see the name stickers and trying to google just got me stuff about the Austrian Grand Prix. Seems like too basic a detail to just be wrong on the restored car.

• Deleted member 130869

Never trust non-period photos, even for smaller decals. If the layout of everything matches the race photos, then you can use these for positioning reference. Ignore the flag.

Rennsport_Reunion_V_%2821810837381%29.jpg

Anybody have any idea why they put an Austrian flag by Hans Stuck's name? All the period pictures I've found are too blown out to see the name stickers and trying to google just got me stuff about the Austrian Grand Prix. Seems like too basic a detail to just be wrong on the restored car.
'Striezel' Stuck does have both, German and Austrian, citizenships and from 1998 onwards he raced with an Austrian license. On this model car of the 94 Dauer Le Mans car he is with Austrian flag, too. In 96 and 97 he raced for Porsche with an German license. It could be possible that he switched in that 94/95 periode between the licenses, maybe to save money and Porsche wanted him with to race as a german.

He raced with a german flag in 1987 on the Rothmans Porsche #17 with Bell and Hobart. But a photo from 2006 shows an Austrian flag on his car and the text "Hans-Joachim Stuck of Austria in action during free practice ahead of the Grand Prix Masters race at the Losail International Circuit on April 26, 2006, in Doha, Qatar." :O_o:

sorry for my incoviniense..
but heres a better a better picture of the rear end ;) that austrain flag is more viasable now..
photo from lm94 confirming the austrain flag from the pictures above
mr_1994_35.jpg

He raced with a german flag in 1987 on the Rothmans Porsche #17 with Bell and Hobart. But a photo from 2006 shows an Austrian flag on his car and the text "Hans-Joachim Stuck of Austria in action during free practice ahead of the Grand Prix Masters race at the Losail International Circuit on April 26, 2006, in Doha, Qatar." :O_o:
Totally make sense when it is an race event where an national racing license is required and the entry list of the event will list the country of the license.
Don't know if there are any regulations that the driver name + (driver license) flag must be shown on a car. Could be possible he wanted that austrian sticker to be on that car.

Thanks for the helpful answers. I had no idea he had dual citizenship, every source I've seen just identified him as German.
Found a forum post were a user conteacted him about that in 2005.
Here is the translation of it:
Yes, I have 2 citizenships. GER and AUT. My father got the nationality of AUT because of his successes on Austro Daimler. My mother and my sons have them too. I drive for years with AUT license and therefore the AUT flag on the car.
Best wishes!
HJS
And to my knowledge he lives in Ellmau in Austria.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 73 59.3%