The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

It will be so good at Deutschlandring. Do you think there will be an appeal for such old car ?

FDnNw81.jpg

@Brownninja97 It is very likely that it will have to be changed into spyder. Is it your project ?

Hell yes!

Here's a quick example of the flight - very unstable, difficult to control and not really like a Balloon at all :roflmao: Would be proper fun though if you didn't get sent back to the pits after about 5 seconds of flight :O_o:

You've got to be kidding, LOL. That's brilliant! I thought there was a setting in an ini file that allowed you to select a time period for the auto reset or even disable it entirely. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where (which ini).

It will be so good at Deutschlandring. Do you think there will be an appeal for such old car ?

@Brownninja97 It is very likely that it will have to be changed into spyder. Is it your project ?
Seeing the current screenshots that kunos put out today it seems like it will have to be a spyderor a GTS boxster also yeah my project. I'll go into the details of the model creation and wireframes and all that jazz when i create a thread for it whenever i decide i have the time

I really think that vintage cars and tracks are under-represented in AC, and that car would be an awesome addition. I get more enjoyment out of driving the Maserati 250f slowly than I get out of driving any GT3 car fast. And the older ones have taught me much more about car control, too.

Make it! :thumbsup: (please)

You've got to be kidding, LOL. That's brilliant! I thought there was a setting in an ini file that allowed you to select a time period for the auto reset or even disable it entirely. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where (which ini).

Yeah I thought so too but couldnt find a setting - If I can and it works, I'll release it ASAP! :D Until then, there's not much point.

PS. Really glad people are making good use of this thread, hopefully it helps the community here thrive a bit more. :)

Last edited:
Did you try removing the fast_line.ai from the map folder?

I seem to remember when I first started making the Deutschlandring that if I fell off the track before I had made the AI line, I just fell forever (until I quit the game). Worth a try.

Haha! Me too!:D I have to stop myself from just hotlapping on it and actually work on it. I'm not really sure if it will be suitable for modern high performance cars (not the hill climb section, anyway) but I have had so much fun in the older Lotus and Maseratis.

It's going to take a long time to complete though, as half of it is effectively a road that drops down through a valley, with woods and streams on either side.

This video shows a complete lap, but starts halfway through at the base of the hill climb (start/finish line would have been at around 4mins 25) - watch on 2x speed ;)

That looks phenomenal. Will this be in same league as the Maseratis?

Really shouldn't be. I think.

The only reference I can pick now is German Grand Prix. In 1937 Fastest lap in W125 was 10'02'1 by Caracciola, I think it was a bit cold day. In 1957 Fangio did 9'17'4, and then couldn't sleep for two days :D I don't know if he drove 12cyl or 6cyl straight, in wiki it is written that 12 cyl had no real advantage. But I find it faster on straights and more stable in AC.

I wonder how much better tires were in 1957 comparing to 1937.

I'm in love with the screenshots of Deutschlandring.
Keep up the good work!

Here's my small project, a track that was not far away from Deutschlandring: Dessau (1955 layout). A racetrack using German Autobahn A9, which was already used by Mercedes for high speed records in 1939 (Caracciola, 399,6 km/h). That's the link to Mantasisg's Mercedes.
I have many historical photos and some new ones from September 2016, when I visited the track, or better what is left. Many things are done, but there is still a lot to do.

dessau1_web.jpg

dessau2_web.jpg

dessau3_web.jpg

dessau4_web.jpg

I'm in love with the screenshots of Deutschlandring.
Keep up the good work!

Here's my small project, a track that was not far away from Deutschlandring: Dessau (1955 layout). A racetrack using German Autobahn A9, which was already used by Mercedes for high speed records in 1939 (Caracciola, 399,6 km/h). That's the link to Mantasisg's Mercedes.
I have many historical photos and some new ones from September 2016, when I visited the track, or better what is left. Many things are done, but there is still a lot to do.

View attachment 153425

View attachment 153426

View attachment 153427

View attachment 153428
wow great work lot of work done very nice

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back