The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Such a scary car!! (but I love it! :inlove:)

[thank you mantasisg for the tester!]

Screenshot_mercedes_w125_deutschlandring_25-9-116-14-58-18.jpg

Last edited:
atm I'm trying to recreate this AMG GT3 livery:
vln8dzs37.jpg

Does anybody know how to achieve this metallic paint effect ingame? I'm struggeling alot and I can't get it to look good :(

Use a grey metal_detail.dds with metallic flakes (you can find plenty in the original KS files). Then your main skin texture must be transparent (=black) alpha except for the decals that must be opaque (=white). For further effects (specularity) you can make your own spec map.

Take a look at the files of stock KS AMG GT3s, some of them use the same structure.

Thanks for your help. Regarding the metal_detail.dds will something like this work?
metaldetailcny05.png

And for the black alpha channel should I use the Merc_AMG_body.dds or the Merc_AMG_body_map.dds?
Tried both but nothing really happened:D

This is more or less what the alpha channel of the metal_detail.dds should look like. There is too much contrast for it to be suitable as a diffuse texture.Again there should be a Kunos metal_details.dds that is close to what you need. Browse through the preview jpeg's and you'll find a car with grey metal paint (probably there is a recent bimmer with that kind of paint). The RGB channel of metal_details.dds sets the base color of the paint and the luminosity of the alpha channel of metal_details.dds sets the specular fall off.

It is the Merc_AMG_body.dds texture that should have a black alpha, with white areas for decals. Fiddling with the alpha of Merc_AMG_body_map.dds is useless since the game only use the RGB channel (as a matter of fact it should not even have an alpha channel in the first place^^).

The simplest way to proceed is to: (1) set the skin base color to white, set the alpha to full black, save it as Merc_AMG_body.dds in DXT5; (2) save the metal flake metal_detail.dds texture (in DXT5), see how it look in game and tweak the color until it fits with the real car; and at last (3) add decals to the skin with corresponding white areas in alpha channel and save it as Merc_AMG_body.dds in DXT5.

Last edited:
Just for your information, the pic you've posted is a render and doesn't show the real car. Instead, the real car had more of a mat colour as you can see on the following two pics. BTW I have made more photos (VLN and 24 hours version), if you want, I can send them to you.

img_43410jsa1.jpg

img_4330m1uhf.jpg

Hey DM2zzion,
thanks for your suggestion. I know that my picture just shows a render. The Black Falcon team wanted to compete in this design at VLN8 last saturday. One week ago, they ran a slighlty different desgin during the Blancpain Endurance Series:
14435308_1147453868631072_46960404172913404_o.jpg

When they tried to prepare the car for VLN8, they also had to change some stickers and logos and during this they damaged the whole livery. Unfortunately the team hadn't enough of the blue foil available to wrap the car again, so they decided to race VLN8 in pure carbon:
14468629_1206941749355209_5763018515947907170_o.jpg

So the design I'm trying to recreate actually never raced (yet), but I like it alot and the render is still a good resource to work with.
Your picture shows the car from HTP Motorsport which is grey and not blue.
Looking at some of the photos from the Blancpain Endurance Series the paint doesn't even look metalic, but I just can't get this dark blue to look correct ingame. I also contacted the team and asked for the correct color code but they haven't answered yet.

Lol, I got fooled by those generic AMG designs, didn't look close enough :)
I will attend VLN9 so tell me if you want any specific shots of any car.

Hey, currently I'm learning the basics of getting a car into the game and I'm struggling a lot. I've created a quick 3d model, and afaik it has all correct dummys and names. It loads in the showroom but it crashes the game when going on track.
I did some searching around, and I've changed the name of the kn5 in the lods file, removed the lods I don't have, turned off animated suspensions, and cleared the digital instruments file. But it still crashes.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

lambo.png

Hey, currently I'm learning the basics of getting a car into the game and I'm struggling a lot. I've created a quick 3d model, and afaik it has all correct dummys and names. It loads in the showroom but it crashes the game when going on track.
I did some searching around, and I've changed the name of the kn5 in the lods file, removed the lods I don't have, turned off animated suspensions, and cleared the digital instruments file. But it still crashes.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

lambo.png

Could be the sound files, i'm on my phone just now so cant give details but its usually just a sfx file needs renaming.

Last edited:
Well,for the moment we don't have template for the Ferrari F1 Cars in AC,I have some time for make the template I can share if you want guys,and making some fantasy skin that I have in my last dream:roflmao::p.
AH8bh5y.jpg

Really shouldn't be. I think.

The only reference I can pick now is German Grand Prix. In 1937 Fastest lap in W125 was 10'02'1 by Caracciola, I think it was a bit cold day. In 1957 Fangio did 9'17'4, and then couldn't sleep for two days :D I don't know if he drove 12cyl or 6cyl straight, in wiki it is written that 12 cyl had no real advantage. But I find it faster on straights and more stable in AC.

I wonder how much better tires were in 1957 comparing to 1937.
Moving forward :) THough so much faster than with XJ13. Animating suspension will be absolutely new experience.

Got it in game, aphidgod ordered few books, iRacer is working on sound, Nighteye is working on bare metal skin (for XJ13 at the moment :D).

pWerbxa.jpg

cAz365b.jpg
mGrmd3v.png

you just make my day :) i never tought working on a 30's track anymore ;)

You'll be working on 30s track too ? That would be awesome, and I'm glad I did something motivating.

If you'll decide to do 30s track then you'd be 3rd to start such project, IIRIC. 1st is Dessauer Rennstrecke by THL, though 1955 layout, but I don't care it will fit 30s very well too :D, then 2nd Deutschlandring by Fat-Alfie.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%