The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Have you guys seen this? Some guy made a middleware to connect his smart home trainer to AC, and now pedals his way around its tracks with realistic variable resistance.
https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/75caft/assetto_bicicleta_virtual_bike_training_in/

Trento takes more than 75 minutes apparently... I believe that
it's a work in progress. I wrote a middleware that does the job of reading input speed from the HT and translating it into pedal pression in AC. It also reads world characteristics from AC's shared memory and sends the incline percentage to the HT for realistic hills simulation. Power, speed, incline, heart rate and cadence are also read from bike devices (ANT+ FE-C protocol) and sent to a Python app that appears in AC's HUD (i.e. as a bike computer).

Steering is controlled via a smartphone app that read gyroscopic values and sends them to the computer which translates it into a virtual joystick axis that is mapped to steering in AC. The smartphone being attached to the handlebars, steering the bike steers in AC.

Got the building textures consolidated, textured the walls and added the wrought iron gates and railings. Just the telephone poles/wires, hay bales and some greenery to added to the village section.

OohOEXq.jpg

72uAGL6.jpg

vSRaDBm.jpg

@Fat-Alfie is that Feldbergring?

---------
8gbxJLw.jpg

found that importing CAD pieces from Catia into Blender works best via wrl format. With some alteration these eend up usable (still wouldn't try doing that with whole cars etc). This is some old rollerbarrel throttle I once doodled, may fit nice here.

@Fat-Alfie is that Feldbergring?

---------
8gbxJLw.jpg

found that importing CAD pieces from Catia into Blender works best via wrl format. With some alteration these eend up usable (still wouldn't try doing that with whole cars etc). This is some old rollerbarrel throttle I once doodled, may fit nice here.
1ST looking thinking damn these guys are always making some cool looking parts this is almost cad like , then read the message :p great work man :)

1ST looking thinking damn these guys are always making some cool looking parts this is almost cad like , then read the message :p great work man :)
f009dd11-089f-4b16-963f-40d0bf42ab73
yQx332P.jpg

it will be right in view
In general I'm doing better with mechanical parts than curvy car bodies

btw anyone interested in taming that solid rear axle? Currently its driveable but has a very loose rear end. Dampers and springs need an experienced hand.

f009dd11-089f-4b16-963f-40d0bf42ab73
yQx332P.jpg

it will be right in view
In general I'm doing better with mechanical parts than curvy car bodies

btw anyone interested in taming that solid rear axle? Currently its driveable but has a very loose rear end. Dampers and springs need an experienced hand.
Yeah if its in view man go for it , I normally give everything the same treatment nowadays with these VR guys hot to trot :D:D

Yeah must be , make no difference the margin does not overlap , so in theory you can put 100 but the map wouldnt look too nice , I normally use 10 don't know what that equates to px or what , must be the same thing ,
always best to boost it up though the maps turn out nicer with no seams on your mesh , also recommended for LODS also makes these nicer as well :)

its a simple Smart UV on that part with little alteration to get rid of overlap. Currently doing a 4096 bake that I'll downsample to 1024
always better to downsample just the once if possible the deg is too high going from 4k to 1k ,
I always bake at 2k if going to 1k ,
I have quite a few tricks also before saving the DDS always hit the map with some blur in cs6 ,
saves them cleaner as well , stops getting that blocky look in the end results ingame :)
Main PSD always use 1000 res , also helps with quality , between 375-1000dpi is what I always use also , 72 just dont cut it with me and like I say hit that puppy with some blur slightly just a tad helps with the compression .

also save all .dds with 1 mipmap not 12 , helps with loading times ingame , also the sizes of the dds are smaller also .

always better to downsample just the once if possible the deg is too high going from 4k to 1k ,
I always bake at 2k if going to 1k ,
I have quite a few tricks also before saving the DDS always hit the map with some blur in cs6 ,
saves them cleaner as well , stops getting that blocky look in the end results ingame :)
Main PSD always use 1000 res , also helps with quality , between 375-1000dpi is what I always use also , 72 just dont cut it with me and like I say hit that puppy with some blur slightly just a tad helps with the compression .

also save all .dds with 1 mipmap not 12 , helps with loading times ingame , also the sizes of the dds are smaller also .
Using blur had the opposite effect often for me of causing lines to appear when you inadvertently blur between to faces. So far I have it all png here, not sure if this thing makes it to a release some day.

Using blur had the opposite effect often for me of causing lines to appear when you inadvertently blur between to faces. So far I have it all png here, not sure if this thing makes it to a release some day.
I only do it with .dds , wouldnt recommend using .png really , maybe the odd texture out of 80 maybe use 1 png , once you load the engine before you go ingame it converts the .png to .dds anyways , its a massive hit on performance doing it this way , I love the quality of .png no need to do anything with the texture the compression is lovely , but youll end up with a big fps hit over using .dds :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%