The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

hi there, anyone willing to do these gloves from Keiichi Tsuchiya? thanks
https://www.instagram.com/takumifuji01/
ucTfKqV.jpg

ds83yxM.jpg

IMND3zo.jpg
Mod requests go here, in the conveniently named "Mod Requests" thread.

I only do it with .dds , wouldnt recommend using .png really , maybe the odd texture out of 80 maybe use 1 png , once you load the engine before you go ingame it converts the .png to .dds anyways , its a massive hit on performance doing it this way , I love the quality of .png no need to do anything with the texture the compression is lovely , but youll end up with a big fps hit over using .dds :)
Ofc, once something goes out for release it will be dds (I've written that "internal uncompressed dds conversion" explanation to soo many people. It's the reason that Forza Horizon track needs 18 GB of RAM).So far the only mapped parts of that car is the intake and the axle linkages, nothing else, all of it uses single colour 48x48 textures :ninja:

Does anyone knows why RD deleted the thread of the Miker Formula Junior 1960 mod from @A3DR ?
guess it was deleted for being a paymod, its a sorta gray area. RSS makes WIP threads that sorta "imply" when a car is ready for sale, but the Junior thread was in a way straight up advertisment with a link. Hair splitting but not our decision :coffee:

guess it was deleted for being a paymod, its a sorta gray area. RSS makes WIP threads that sorta "imply" when a car is ready for sale, but the Junior thread was in a way straight up advertisment with a link. Hair splitting but not our decision :coffee:

Isn't the same thing?
RSS has an advertisement thread with the future gt1 pack which we all now that will be a paymod.
What's the difference?

Isn't the same thing?
RSS has an advertisement thread with the future gt1 pack which we all now that will be a paymod.
What's the difference?
I'm not a mod with those precious "Delete" and "Ban" buttons, I'm not the one to decide. But like I said I see a differene between a long thread following a mods "upbringing", and a one with the first post stating "It's finished, get it here [link]"

It's a bit questionable putting details into the pedals since they're not at all visible (extremely cramped cockpit + beefy driver), but I suppose at some point a VR user is going to get their head and ass swapped and go looking.

ThztI3F.jpg

It'd just feel incomplete without em anyway. And lets me pose the feet properly (good car to heel n toe, bad for left foot braking, what with the steering shaft)

Oh, this also shows a fun feature of the car... top frame rails double as radiator tubes. Apparently Chapman invented this and they hadn't yet outlawed it. I'm informed it makes the cockpit nice and warm. Or uncomfortably warm depending.

Last edited:
I love how I can tell that's one of your WIPs, simply by looking at the render. The textures you use, the way the render looks... it's like a modder's fingerprint. Quite a few people are like that, and I find it fascinating :)

Lovely detail, btw :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back