The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Almost ready for release
VR5ZmYp.jpg

RCrBxe8.jpg

Transmission stuff absolutely works, the KRB has it everywhere, even coupled with glowing brake disc. But it probably needs another Empty for the DIR_ stuff

About the name length, I noticed that it worked flawless on the arms (named just J0 to J4) but not on the leaf springs and the driveshaft - name length difference was obvious in the Outliner where everything was right above each other.
Hmm, went and looked at the F350 and it's already got separate empties so I guess I tried that
+ DIR_TPARENT
+ SUSP_LR
--+ TPARENT
----+ TRANSMISSION_L_1
------+ Driveshaft_mesh

It does point in the right direction but it doesn't spin.

I still haven't had a chance to drive these guys yet, but I did find some bits of time over the last few days to get a couple liveries done. Ported the personal liveries I did on the Cayman for my father and I

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Can't wait to thrash it about. :)

So my dear friend @Tiago Lima bought me the porsche pack 3 so i could make the sound

So far ive put the exhaust layer in game (with the nsx intake) further i will make the porsche intake sound . The interior samples are already done asweel but havent put them in game (fmod) yet

The great thing about this kind of sampling method is that we can swap bettwen exhaust and intakes and interior sounds (ex; NSX exhaust + porsche intake ; Bmw M3 intake + porsche exhaust etc) that all the sounds align themselves since they all carry precise RPM values and not fictional ones ...so there's no phasing happen

Heres a litle clip of the exhaust (porsche) + nsx intake sound :D
(all the driving made using a keyboard and very low fps ... its just a show of too so no big deal)

Still alot to do .... (exhaust crackles gear shift ... few more details)
is curious the difference between the huge quality of the physics and graphics in comparison with the very bad sounds of official content of assetto corsa. Its a shame that we depends of the modders like you to enjoy the cars. Your work is great but should be work of kunos in this case..

is curious the difference between the huge quality of the physics and graphics in comparison with the very bad sounds of official content of assetto corsa. Its a shame that we depends of the modders like you to enjoy the cars. Your work is great but should be work of kunos in this case..
well the biggest issue with sounds is that Kunos is very limited in what sources they are allowed to use for their sounds. Can't just take random youtube videos as source or the would have to ask for permission and potentially pay the original creator. Neither do they have teams of sounds guys scavenging the country for real cars to record (MS did that for Forza at least)

well the biggest issue with sounds is that Kunos is very limited in what sources they are allowed to use for their sounds. Can't just take random youtube videos as source or the would have to ask for permission and potentially pay the original creator. Neither do they have teams of sounds guys scavenging the country for real cars to record (MS did that for Forza at least)
But if they aren't using real recordings from the real cars, then what are they using?

So my dear friend @Tiago Lima bought me the porsche pack 3 so i could make the sound

So far ive put the exhaust layer in game (with the nsx intake) further i will make the porsche intake sound . The interior samples are already done asweel but havent put them in game (fmod) yet

The great thing about this kind of sampling method is that we can swap bettwen exhaust and intakes and interior sounds (ex; NSX exhaust + porsche intake ; Bmw M3 intake + porsche exhaust etc) that all the sounds align themselves since they all carry precise RPM values and not fictional ones ...so there's no phasing happen

(all the driving made using a keyboard and very low fps ... its just a show of too so no big deal)

How do you plan to implement the tranny and gear wobble on the internals, alongside the actual transmission whine?

Last edited:

very nice indeed, if you talk to TIago Lima, please tell him if you could improve the quality of the old tracks he converted, it'd be awesome :)

Last edited:
How do you plan to implement the tranny and gear wobble on the internals, alongside the actual transmission whine?
the transmission sounds will go into the transmission event only
Gear sounds will take place int he gear event i guess

I still haven't made those yet though as i want to make first the full car sound and have those running as seperate events like it should be

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back