The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

sheild1.png

So, here´s the internals, apologies for the audio being out of sync, no idea why. Never really was into that car, but it´s such a huge fun to drive.

Oh and lets not forget about that other GT1 car from 98, fits so well :)

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm asking here:
Some years back there was this guy called "Salamander Something" who created two Ferrari models,
the F2002 and the F2008. As you all know he have the F2002 for quite some time now, but what about the F2008?
Does anyone know if this car is being worked on for a future release, maybe by the same team which worked on the F2002?

Next question: What happened to the F300, MP4-13 and FR 3.5 2014 by Virtua simulazione?
We have several active and great modding groups out there (RSS, VRC, the F2002 crew etc etc.).
If I were Virtua simulazione I would give these 3 cars to one of these teams so that they can rework the cars (sounds, physics, tyres etc.) because these cars are way too good to be forgotten.
Back in the day these cars were the best open wheel mods out there and with proper updates they would be at the top again...

Hardcore mode ! Decided to take a day off from my main current project, as @Willy Wale posted some good stuff recently. So I really wanted to try working with point cloud data, it is really interesting stuff, it is a bit like doing it backwards, but actually progressing
I organize my tracks with empties, eg.
r4DKlTA.jpg

So when I'm not fiddling with these, they can be collapsed and not take up like 90 spots. ctrl+clicking the eye/cursor/camera on "AC_timing" unsets them for the entire set at once so they stay out of my other exports. Just keep in mind that (at least by default) the fbx exporter uses render visibility (the camera) not viewport visibility (the eye) to decide what to export. Right click 'select hierarchy' also selects just this set for export purposes.
the actual AC_timing object is on layer 20 which is one I never have visible during export so the fbx exporter ignores it and sticks them all at root level, works fine.

In any of the cracks between work I've been able to find, I've been working on this pair. The orange one was done as a small Father's Day gift for my father - When we used to play games when I was a kid, he used "Fox" as his callsign. 'Volpes' is an alternate form of 'Vulpes,' which is latin for Fox. The blue one is my matching personal livery. I got the Volpes car itself to my father in time for Father's Day, but I still have to finish the crew and some of the other little details for the pair.

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Here's some work on Pacific Coast... for what will be a pretty massive update...
Have increased the flow of the highway from much better resolution data... I was quite a way off in a few places before!
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_pacific_coast_v1_6-7-117-19-46-49.jpg

Adding a normal map to the terrain...
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_pacific_coast_v1_6-7-117-19-36-42.jpg

Work on transition textures...
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_pacific_coast_v1_6-7-117-23-40-50.jpg

And some work on a future start location in the mountains...
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_pacific_coast_v1_10-7-117-5-8-52.jpg

View attachment 199833

I have had some files on my pc for quite long time. The track I always wanted to create but I chose other one first. When I was creating that, somebody else did this one first so I guess nobody can’t force you not to do more updated and more precise version, if nothing else then for learning purposes.

EDIT: Updated the image and the track is Ahvenisto Race Circuit in Finland

Replying to myself regarding the photo for first video preview in somewhat quality. Track is Ahvenisto Race Circuit in Finland and before someone ask nope, this doesn't have anything to do with other Ahvenisto track already made for AC. Also, obviously everything from the center of earth to the space and beyond that is work in progress.

Nice to see someone working on 30s Donington.
Do you plan to do the other 30s layouts / versions?

The elevation for 'hairpin' bend seems way off - it should be uphill after you come out of craner curves:

donington-mg-club-racing-old-hairpin-H8TBGK.jpg

cae4ac1db6bc3c506d2b500e9153b0e3.jpg

Also, the marshal's post thing that you've added there, I think that might have been at the entrance to perhaps McClean's.

It's really annoying that i've never really seen anything of the circuit of Coppice to Melbourne - there must be some images or video somewhere hmm.

I am sure there will be an aerial photo of the area from before they rebuilt the circuit.
Google earth has them for the entire country taken after the war and it is 'mysteriously missing' for Donington Park. This is also the case for Ansty Aerodrome as I was researching that circuit and I can only guess that the government just censored the photos of military installations (as Donington housed military vehicles and Ansty was an airbase).

So there must be aerial photos of it somewhere. Even ones inbetween the period and when the circuit was rebuilt would be helpful!

Surely there are photos around from the time of the rebuild showing the old circuit and what they had planned to do to it?

I guess it's all about knowing the right people to contact.

In terms of research other people have done, maybe contact Luna from the GPL community.

His version for GPL is by far the best out there (even if it was only released in beta).
http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=6099

I don't know if he has moved on to other communities but his website is linked in that topic too - if not then try posting in SRMZ as that forum has people with interest in historical racing.

Another suggesting is to try asking people in non-simracing related historical racing forums. Sadly I don't know any offhand but have been linked to several in the past.

Not sure if any of these are helpful?
http://www.watsonlv.net/images/tracks/donington1939.jpg

This also has footage from Donington, pre circuit change, 35 - 6 iteration by the looks of the final turn.
Naturally it also has later footage too.

Anyone remember this? I know @AccAkut spent a lot of time converting the CAD model to AC.

TPUPy9jh.jpg

M5NDms3h.jpg

Yup, the successor will be my next project (after FSAE) - a brand new model made for AC instead of converting the CAD.
Its CAEdevice's latest creation for 2017 - no pics yet (still under wraps before the competition), but rest assured its a far better more natural looking car compared to the old one, and IMO much better than current LMP1 cars.

Nice to see someone working on 30s Donington.
Do you plan to do the other 30s layouts / versions?

The elevation for 'hairpin' bend seems way off - it should be uphill after you come out of craner curves:

donington-mg-club-racing-old-hairpin-H8TBGK.jpg

cae4ac1db6bc3c506d2b500e9153b0e3.jpg

Also, the marshal's post thing that you've added there, I think that might have been at the entrance to perhaps McClean's.

It's really annoying that i've never really seen anything of the circuit of Coppice to Melbourne - there must be some images or video somewhere hmm.

I am sure there will be an aerial photo of the area from before they rebuilt the circuit.
Google earth has them for the entire country taken after the war and it is 'mysteriously missing' for Donington Park. This is also the case for Ansty Aerodrome as I was researching that circuit and I can only guess that the government just censored the photos of military installations (as Donington housed military vehicles and Ansty was an airbase).

So there must be aerial photos of it somewhere. Even ones inbetween the period and when the circuit was rebuilt would be helpful!

Surely there are photos around from the time of the rebuild showing the old circuit and what they had planned to do to it?

I guess it's all about knowing the right people to contact.

In terms of research other people have done, maybe contact Luna from the GPL community.

His version for GPL is by far the best out there (even if it was only released in beta).
http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=6099

I don't know if he has moved on to other communities but his website is linked in that topic too - if not then try posting in SRMZ as that forum has people with interest in historical racing.

Another suggesting is to try asking people in non-simracing related historical racing forums. Sadly I don't know any offhand but have been linked to several in the past.

Not sure if any of these are helpful?
http://www.watsonlv.net/images/tracks/donington1939.jpg

This also has footage from Donington, pre circuit change, 35 - 6 iteration by the looks of the final turn.
Naturally it also has later footage too.

Thanks for all this info

With regards s couple of your queries

The elevation you say is wrong at the hairpin. Well im pretty sure i got this about right. It looks wrong from the screen grab i took because its a high angle. I will post a short video of that section later. But i spent a long time getting that area as close as i could as its a iconic section.

Also the marshals hut is in the right location (aporox) As per my research images collated from the net. It may need pushing bsck slightly. But again my camera angle is high up in the stand

I have also joined the forum you mention. As i have noticed a thread luna started in 2009. With the same issues im having.

Other than this thanks very much for your help. I hope you can appreciate there is going to be some guess work and interpretation on my behalf. Due to the lack of info on this track

Thanks

Anyone remember this? I know @AccAkut spent a lot of time converting the CAD model to AC.

TPUPy9jh.jpg

M5NDms3h.jpg

Yup, the successor will be my next project (after FSAE) - a brand new model made for AC instead of converting the CAD.
Its CAEdevice's latest creation for 2017 - no pics yet (still under wraps before the competition), but rest assured its a far better more natural looking car compared to the old one, and IMO much better than current LMP1 cars.
Hmm, interesting that he got in contact with you and not me again :D I mean I understand it, your cars subjectively turn out better ;)

I thought about uploading the KVRC again, but the changes during the last year made the car ..."weird". Tried changing its tires to those of the one of the LMPs but other issues are still there. And I just didn't have the time and mood to do much test driving and development

Hmm, interesting that he got in contact with you and not me again :D I mean I understand it, your cars subjectively turn out better ;)

I thought about uploading the KVRC again, but the changes during the last year made the car ..."weird". Tried changing its tires to those of the one of the LMPs but other issues are still there. And I just didn't have the time and mood to do much test driving and development

Yeah I never tried it the first time around, but just got my hands on it now. Surprised how good the tricount is (80k I think) considering its just converted CAD, the CAD model I received for the new one is almost 200k without wheels.

But I'm just going to model from scratch using the CAD as reference, and I'm being allowed a little creative freedom too which will be fun.

Will be nice to see both together, the new one certainly looks more mature and 'real', but the family resemblance is still apparent.

Yeah I never tried it the first time around, but just got my hands on it now. Surprised how good the tricount is (80k I think) considering its just converted CAD, the CAD model I received for the new one is almost 200k without wheels.

But I'm just going to model from scratch using the CAD as reference, and I'm being allowed a little creative freedom too which will be fun.

Will be nice to see both together, the new one certainly looks more mature and 'real', but the family resemblance is still apparent.
The physics side also absolutely needs work. I never took a deep look into the physics when i was doing the conversion, just now I saw that that extraordinarily simulated aero is using only a single aero element, which is pretty much a waste given the opportunity.

And yeah, I managed to lower the tris count a lot with tedious work and use of the functions Blender offers. "Delete Duplicates" has a "Range" option that was vital for this.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.3%