The W.I.P Thread

Custom McLaren idea...

2wom9mv.png
amazing project!!!

It would look like i bag of shite...logos would be missing or mirrored even simple colour changes couldn't be done correctly.

That's why i'm not finishing my Melbourne Mclaren livery i cant even get it close to how it should look... that's why I've gone done the custom route.

You would be better off with an older F1 title from CM many perfect replicas of older livery's have been made.
Never mind, this is what the McLaren West livery is included on...http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/ultimate-legend-mod.1417/

wuaaah **** Codemasters, skinning classics makes no real fun this way ...

I wanted to see how Red Bull skin looks on Ferrari 1988 chassis as I like its rear wings more ...
4swjvqic.jpg

mo99fb8t.jpg

... ffs what a waste of time :D I don't like the big rear wing of williams chassis but the car is much better skinable

wuaaah **** Codemasters, skinning classics makes no real fun this way ...

I wanted to see how Red Bull skin looks on Ferrari 1988 chassis as I like its rear wings more ...
4swjvqic.jpg

mo99fb8t.jpg

... ffs what a waste of time :D I don't like the big rear wing of williams chassis but the car is much better skinable
Try on both Lotus's chassis, they are very skinnable

You mean the 1986 one? That's one ugly chassis I do not want to use. And the 1988 lotus is more or less like the Ferrari one ... just with more logos
The Lotus 100t is very skinnable. That's the livery I used for most of the 1992 cars. have you even looked into the dds files?

Anyway, I'm interested in doing the Ferrari ;)

Wait, you use the 1988 Lotus chassis for 1992 mod? :O_o:
Anyway it seems different people at CM have created the textures, each has its own logic for reusing existing areas/logos. I wonder the lotus has so much stuff existing multiple times while they could've duplicated and scaled it like they did for the other textures, lol.

I've decided to skin the Ferrari chassis nonetheless as I don't like the big rearwing of the '88 Williams and Lotus (though the Williams has the best cockpit)

Wrong. It only makes cars black when the whole structure is not adjusted.
Of course you would need to change EVERY team from livery_main to livery_00/01, the common way for multiple livery.
I knew that, but it would make my mod too big to upload with this 300MB limit. And I don't have any models for the 1990's DLC, which makes skinning very hard, AND consider some people don't even have DLC. ;)

That's why I was curious about your project to begin with. Well, I hoped having spent 3€ more for classic edition would've gained benefit from your mod. The 90's DLC itself it a bit disappointing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.