The W.I.P Thread

Never seen a leather stitched steering wheel in F1 before.....would fall apart after a couple of laps......but indeed different.
Not seen many I have seen custom F1 Wheels stitched for sim racing just thought I would have a mess around,
Can always remove it afterwards but Have added the stitching to the nm in 4096 as well:thumbsup:

WIP Marussia F1 Wheel:thumbsup:
Untitled-1.jpg

I Wish I could find real sticky looking Carbon Fibre textures in a nice size , I want all the textures to look like the stainless on my marussia wheel I spend hours looking but can never seem to find a nice looking texture,
:(

have you tried using carbon fibre patterns for photoshop like in the link below.

http://www.brusheezy.com/patterns/2188-carbon-fiber-patterns
I have about 100 Different carbon fiber textures , all about 4000x4000 and larger but they look dull ,I have tried about 50 times to take away the real carbon from Real F1 Wheels but codemasters designs are not that accurate to be honest they look ok from a distance but thats it,
+ all wheels need updating All 2013 wheels was from 2012 and some from 2011 , I really hope that they get there act together for 2014,
Its tricky when trying to use textures in photoshop for using in a game , Because of the natural lighting that they try to achieve in the game , The textures need not to produce any shine or reflection so its really hard to use real carbon fiber textures,
It just wants me to go buy a nice camera and buy some carbon and get the lighting perfect,
But I was thinking of downloading loads of materials and creating the textures by hand :thumbsup:

Williams Mercedes Benz F1 Team
The project is almost finished. Just needs driver helmets and it's done :)
Here's the beatiful steering wheel done by my mate. @Wilmer Chavez
Good job , bro :thumbsup::
h8bm.png

abc3.png

And now my work too:
Pitcrew:
cl8u.jpg

Hd garage:
qd0v.jpg

Racecrew:
cnmo.jpg

And the car itself:
3hj2.jpg

Driver suits are done too but i won't show them until the helmets are done for Massa and for Bottas too.
or will soon, I hope it looks great

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea