• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks The Evo Triangle 1.2

Fast road course

1. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Frank1463 submitted a new resource:

The Evo Triangle - Fast road course

Read more about this resource...

2. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +268
    Thanks will test when i get the chance! Looks great. :)

Was wondering as i didnt see any info about it, but does it have a physical FFB road mesh? That the FFB is not picking up on the actual mesh but an extra invisible road mesh with higher resolution to feel that true tarmac. Without it you often get a flat "glassy" no feeling driving except for the elevation changes where the low resolution mesh comes through.

Sorry if im preaching to the choir here. :p

• Sad Sad x 1
  3. NightEye87

NightEye87

Ratings:
    +211
    Your AI issue might be an easy fix. Change your GRASS to IS_VALID_TRACK=0 and re-record the AI line.
    The AI now thinks the entire map (because your entire world is called 1GRASS) is driveable which might freak them out. Related: place some walls around your track (simple vertical wall) and rename that grass to "terrain" or something. Then rename your grass objects that lie within your walls 1GRASS and cut those up in, say, 50m pieces.. It will save a lot in CPU occupancy.

4. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +78
    enjoy the track but serious stutering at the start and end of the lap, the red line in render stats has spikes allover the shop

5. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,614
    This thing is breaking nearly every rule in AC track making. PNG and JPG textures everywhere. Also 380 different textures is insanity. I was going to blame RTB for the performance issues but I'm not so sure I can lay all the blame on that.

Please go over this thread (mainly the first few posts) as the info is very important.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.27180/

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Thanks I'll try that out.

7. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Thanks for the feedback, looks like I have some optimising to do.

8. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Thanks for the link, I know I still have much to learn. You might have been a bit less brutal though :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,614
    Yeah I do that sometimes not realizing you are new to this so I apologize. Simply getting everything into DDS format will fix 90% of the performance issues. But you also need to cut the texture/material list as much as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Frank1463 updated The Evo Triangle with a new update entry:

The Evo Triangle

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +327
    Can you rename the layouts in normal (=nothing) and reverse. Iknow that these are public roads but it would make Things easier.

12. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    The reason I've named them clockwise and anticlockwise is because that is how they are known. There isn't really a more common direction, it's just sometimes clockwise, sometimes anticlockwise

13. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +327
    Ok, thanks.

14. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +327
    Really an improvement on the quality

15. arthur666

arthur666

Ratings:
    +110
    Great layout. Fun to drive on these public roads. It's nice to have a wide variety of tracks in AC.

I was wondering what you have in mind for the future? If the road texture looked a little more varied and detailed, and there were more 3D objects for sake of immersion, this would be one of the best. Would be nice to fill out some empty areas with more shrubs, rocks, a few buildings, maybe some sheep. :)

Anyway, really enjoying this one. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  16. Frank1463

Frank1463

Ratings:
    +60
    Frank1463 updated The Evo Triangle with a new update entry:

The Evo Triangle v1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love Love x 1
  17. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +76
    This would be cool with "traffic AI" that rides both directions, like @Mikango does on Sp237 "Coste" open road!

18. Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy

Ratings:
    +406
    Seems cool, the bumps in the road mesh feel very repetitive though, some randomness in location and severity etc would make it feel a lot more like a real road

19. Harry308

Harry308

Ratings:
    +7
    electriC82 What car mods and track mods have you made? Or do you spend to much time playing with your electric train sets? Is that why your name is electriC82?

20. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Finally had a go in the new version last night. It's coming along nicely! Meant to do a lap... did 3. Always a good sign.