The black future of driving simulators

The year 2012 is over and the outlook for automotive enthusiasts PC simulation can not be more black.
Live for Speed ​​is stalled in the past. R-factor2 be beta forever. Pcars _ requires a 2000-3000 euros PC to be played successfully . RRRE Simraceway follow steps and intends to charge 5 euros per car or circuit?? GTR3 was announced creating great enthusiasm but quickly withdrawn. Today it is not make a game business as before.
What will happen to Asseto Corsa? Will we have to toil away 1000 euros to upgrade our PC? Will we constantly pay content?
Go back to 2005-2006.
GT Legends by SimBin released in 2006 provides a simulation experience that has nothing to envy to the modern games mentioned above. Graphically if you play with the maximum configurations offers a quality and level of detail to the height of the above games. The AI behavior is magnificent. Much better than any of the current games in development. And what is more amazing, is not a game multicore runs into one of our 2-4-6 cores of our expensive processors. (although it is best to play by establishing affinity with all cores in task manager).
¿¿¿¿How is this possible!!??????
The same can be said though that if RACE07 multicore.
But go back even further to 2005.
That year, Microsoft launched its Xbox 360 which essentially has not been amended to date. Let's Play Forza Motorsport 4 and will check as its graphic quality is far superior to any game currently in development on PC. Forza Motorsport 4 was released in 2011. The sound is great, the fluidity with running is incredible. The driving complajidad and quality of the simulation is the best I've ever played. Anyone who has deep probabo unaided can tell. Not to mention the amount of cars and tracks and facilities to play on line. ¿¿How is this possible with a HARDWARE 2005????!! How is it possible that a game ended in 2011 designed for a 2005 machine far exceed the expectations of the new games of 2013 ?????
There are only two possible answers:
1. - Microsoft programmers are geniuses and all the others are useless.
2.-programming studies are deceiving us, forcing us to constantly upgrade our equipment with expensive components. And they are in cahoots with hardware manufacturers to sell and sell.
We have reached the point where no one dares to throw a complete game, but has to be making money from the start of development. The hypothetical future game we are paying us today. And then have the nerve to re-sell it?
It is making use of malicious software to promote the industry to the detriment of consumers.

How can a game as complex and complete as FM4 can run on hardware as old as fluently?
I love how you decided to completely disregard my entire post and keep going with your ludicrous nonsense. You clearly have NO idea how games work at all. So please stop now before you embarrass yourself even more.

Pic related:
modedit: picture removed as it was not funny at all to mock with deceases.

How can you post a thread titled 'The black future of driving simulators' in the Assetto Corsa Section? AC is the future of driving simulators, the new era. Personally it's all my dreams of a sim rolled into one lovely package - and if that's the so called 'black future' you're talking about, then BRING IT ON!

How can you post a thread titled 'The black future of driving simulators' in the Assetto Corsa Section? AC is the future of driving simulators, the new era. Personally it's all my dreams of a sim rolled into one lovely package - and if that's the so called 'black future' you're talking about, then BRING IT ON!
I put AC forum just to spite a bit. Sometimes it's the only way to motivate people to think a little. I also hope something good AC and want the best for their creators. But please do not take out another beta version like everyone else. Beta versions are the worst. I always get stuck on eternal promises. Today it seems in RF2, rrre CPRSI and what is fashionable is selling hope, not realities.

Even though AC will be released some time soon, it will be released with some important features missing, like pits and weather, so in essence it kind of is going in the same direction as say, rFactor 2 or pCARS, for example, where you get an incomplete version and wait for it to be finished, the difference being that by being a release instead of a beta, I hope it will be polished and bug free.

Even though AC will be released some time soon, it will be released with some important features missing, like pits and weather, so in essence it kind of is going in the same direction as say, rFactor 2 or pCARS, for example, where you get an incomplete version and wait for it to be finished, the difference being that by being a release instead of a beta, I hope it will be polished and bug free.

Thats the important thing, as bug free as possible for v1.0 or post-Beta (some bugs always happen, fact of software!). Its no good continually releasing updates when exisiting bugs dont get looked at or put on the back burner for whatever reason, or the mod system is a shambles from post-beta leaving modding teams stuck in limbo awating each update hoping it'd be fixed before they can crack on!

I dont mind the way Sim companies are choosing to go with a "Constant Developing" cycle as long as they actually stick to what they say and provide proper add ons/advancements a long the way and not just empty words of "coming in the future" or "its on the list".

Eventually if they do then AC/RF2 etc will become great Sims, albeit in a few years time, my worry is when they acknowledge something "for the future" and add it to their ever growing list and never come through with it.

There's still life left on titles like rFactor, GT Legends, GTR2, Netkar, iRacing, etc. The fact that it takes a few years to come up with something new in sim racing doesnt mean it's a black future.

In fact there are more quality cars/tracks/races available now in sim racing than ever before, there is not enough time in a year to really extract 100% of the fun there is available now on the titles we already have.
We also have many cool things to look forward to, like VR head mounted displays, cheaper and cheaper monitors and videocards to allow playing with triple screen (or even more), there are sub $1000 motion actuators available specifically designed for sim racing, more advanced and powerful steering wheels and pedals, quad core processors are getting cheaper and more powerful which will allow developers to try more advanced and cool looking things.

We just need to be patient and support our hobby.

The fact that there isn't a new revolutionary sim racing title every couple of years doesn't mean it's all over. This things take time and resources to develop, we are not playing console shoot-em-ups where there's a new version of the same thing every few months.

I don't think the future is black, on the other hand a bit scepticism is better then the opposite of scepticism.

Really? Forza 4 is the best simulation you've ever played? Really? You're not just playing some kind of joke right? Forza 4 is a simcade. Sure it's a little more complex than, for example, F1 2012, but Forza 4 is by no means a sim.
Forza 4 runs at a solid 60 fps with low input lag at 66.7 - 83.3 ms. It really is as smooth as it feels, many PC sims need > 60 fps to get the same response.

I think how Forza is build and how they try to improve it every 2 years is something developers could learn from. (not referring to physics although it doesn't drive bad) . It's limited but a good package, we have yet to see if the 2013 PC sims are that as well.

I don't think the future is black, on the other hand a bit scepticism is better then the opposite of scepticism.

Forza 4 runs at a solid 60 fps with low input lag at 66.7 - 83.3 ms. It really is as smooth as it feels, many PC sims need > 60 fps to get the same response.

I think how Forza is build and how they try to improve it every 2 years is something developers could learn from. (not referring to physics although it doesn't drive bad) . It's limited but a good package, we have yet to see if the 2013 PC sims are that as well.

So buying every 2 years a new game.. instead of getting updates ??

A "major update" every 2 years or so :)

Sales strategy is another topic... I think it works that way because Forza gets all exposure on Xbox 360 and updates wouldn't increase that exposure unlike new cars DLC, at least not as much as a "full" new game.

While I'm a big fan of GTL, you have to remember when it came out you needed a high powered PC to run it. Can't really complain if the next generation of sims requires the same.

And Shift runs pretty fast on my 3 1/2 year old PC - about as quick as gMotor2 titles. Is pCARS really that bad?

As for DLC - can't come soon enough for me. If Simbin had made a Ferrari GTO, a Ford Galaxie, or a BMW 2002 as DLC for GTL I would have happily paid 2-3.5 Euros for each of them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back