The black future of driving simulators

The year 2012 is over and the outlook for automotive enthusiasts PC simulation can not be more black.
Live for Speed ​​is stalled in the past. R-factor2 be beta forever. Pcars _ requires a 2000-3000 euros PC to be played successfully . RRRE Simraceway follow steps and intends to charge 5 euros per car or circuit?? GTR3 was announced creating great enthusiasm but quickly withdrawn. Today it is not make a game business as before.
What will happen to Asseto Corsa? Will we have to toil away 1000 euros to upgrade our PC? Will we constantly pay content?
Go back to 2005-2006.
GT Legends by SimBin released in 2006 provides a simulation experience that has nothing to envy to the modern games mentioned above. Graphically if you play with the maximum configurations offers a quality and level of detail to the height of the above games. The AI behavior is magnificent. Much better than any of the current games in development. And what is more amazing, is not a game multicore runs into one of our 2-4-6 cores of our expensive processors. (although it is best to play by establishing affinity with all cores in task manager).
¿¿¿¿How is this possible!!??????
The same can be said though that if RACE07 multicore.
But go back even further to 2005.
That year, Microsoft launched its Xbox 360 which essentially has not been amended to date. Let's Play Forza Motorsport 4 and will check as its graphic quality is far superior to any game currently in development on PC. Forza Motorsport 4 was released in 2011. The sound is great, the fluidity with running is incredible. The driving complajidad and quality of the simulation is the best I've ever played. Anyone who has deep probabo unaided can tell. Not to mention the amount of cars and tracks and facilities to play on line. ¿¿How is this possible with a HARDWARE 2005????!! How is it possible that a game ended in 2011 designed for a 2005 machine far exceed the expectations of the new games of 2013 ?????
There are only two possible answers:
1. - Microsoft programmers are geniuses and all the others are useless.
2.-programming studies are deceiving us, forcing us to constantly upgrade our equipment with expensive components. And they are in cahoots with hardware manufacturers to sell and sell.
We have reached the point where no one dares to throw a complete game, but has to be making money from the start of development. The hypothetical future game we are paying us today. And then have the nerve to re-sell it?
It is making use of malicious software to promote the industry to the detriment of consumers.

While I'm a big fan of GTL, you have to remember when it came out you needed a high powered PC to run it. Can't really complain if the next generation of sims requires the same.

And Shift runs pretty fast on my 3 1/2 year old PC - about as quick as gMotor2 titles. Is pCARS really that bad?

As for DLC - can't come soon enough for me. If Simbin had made a Ferrari GTO, a Ford Galaxie, or a BMW 2002 as DLC for GTL I would have happily paid 2-3.5 Euros for each of them.

I agree. Things haven't changed, just got better in my opinion. Even though I haven't been in simracing for a very long time compared to many others on RD, I've seen the changes over the last few years to gaming in general and I think simracing has, or is currently at least, adapting rather well. DLCs and updates are set to become the norm in our sims as well, so I think this can only be a good thing as it shows that the developers are adjusting to peoples needs/wants.

And yes, pCARS really is that bad. It's a lovely looking game, but it isn't optimised at all yet.

Well I for one look forward to all the PC releases in the future, but for me, pretty graphics isn't the be all and end all. I like playability, modability and good AI and online racing and as far as I am concerned only Race 07 and all it's add on's and GTR 2 with the P&G MOD fulfill my needs to this day. They have not been bettered in my humble opinion.

clear.png
;):sneaky::whistling::D

8i8bpqkaz51.gif

A "major update" every 2 years or so :)

Sales strategy is another topic... I think it works that way because Forza gets all exposure on Xbox 360 and updates wouldn't increase that exposure unlike new cars DLC, at least not as much as a "full" new game.

I wouldn't be against paying Kunos the retail price (of say NKP) every two years if the updates and content were good/still coming and I'm still getting enjoyment from the game. Heck I do for Forza for those reasons but at a much higher £$ rate despite knowing in that case 75% of my cash doesn't see the development team :( but for Kunos that would be a different story :) I'd like to think it would give them the motivation and funds to keep doing that good work they do.

I'm aware this post may not go down well as very few people like to feel they are repaying for a product despite the support it may get, and they won't like me giving companies ideas. But this is a small independent in a niche market and it's sometimes them that need the support. They say you can't put a price on happiness, but you can put a price on hard work, we'd all be pissed if we didn't get pay (or pay-rise) every so often after working your ass off.

Now where the hell to I get that boxed copy of NKP? anyone?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back