The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

the gravel part could have a rescue team pushing you back to track (with a code 60 depending on the area), but then this is mostly an American rule, in europe usually it's the end of the race ot you, but BES has gone pretty american in recent years so I'm not sure if they rescue the cars all time, if I remember right they do
push me out .. if you implement need to go to pit to clean your air intake from gravel or risk engine overheat/safe mode or just lower power output :) ..

you can already get stuck on gravel traps in AC btw
you sure? grass and gravel are just tarmac with different grip when it comes to physics as far as I know

How do you make sure that in the real life track under the same conditions you'd also get stuck? How well can you simulate the live terrain to give the same consequences as real life off road terrain? Maybe irl for some miraculous reason the car would get unstuck and continue the race, but in the game they made you get stuck and you can't get out.. how do you make that balance to actually be real and not scripted.

Really? I've never got stuck in a gravel trap.
Drop the Fabarth to the ground and use a very soft suspension, last time I did a league with it I did a setup that if I spun out of the track I would get stuck. Same with the formula master.

Maybe they changed the physics after, since I haven't driven the sim much nowadays. But on GT cars they are high enough to not get stuck unless there is a dynamic sand simulation.

How do you make sure that in the real life track under the same conditions you'd also get stuck? How well can you simulate the live terrain to give the same consequences as real life off road terrain? Maybe irl for some miraculous reason the car would get unstuck and continue the race, but in the game they made you get stuck and you can't get out.. how do you make that balance to actually be real and not scripted.
variable based on ride height, gravel depth, grip and speed .. if only it was this simple :) .. and for Monza, if it is in Curve di Lesmo 1 you just get stuck every time :)

Points that caught my attention:
1- No DX12. Thus a small possibility of worse performance with weaker cpus or very high fps with AMD drivers. If the GPU timings are shorter than the CPU timings wich may be the case with some visual settings.
2- Theyre not only going to add visual tyre flex for the first time but also the tyre flex is going to be different. So half a jab on RF2 fans?
3- They have driver consulting but theyre not showing him and it doesnt help. Jab on Pcars fans.

Points that caught my attention:
1- No DX12. Thus a small possibility of worse performance with weaker cpus or very high fps with AMD drivers.
2- Theyre not only going to add visual tyre flex for the first time but also the tyre flex is going to be different. So half a jab on RF2 fans?

lol my english must be really bad if that's what you understood :D :D :D

Drop the Fabarth to the ground and use a very soft suspension, last time I did a league with it I did a setup that if I spun out of the track I would get stuck. Same with the formula master.

Maybe they changed the physics after, since I haven't driven the sim much nowadays. But on GT cars they are high enough to not get stuck unless there is a dynamic sand simulation.
I remember racing in Race Departments Aussie Formula Abarth league a few years back in AC and I got stuck in the gravel at SPA which ended my race. Loved the realism and hope that it's there in the new ACC title too. Of course this was completely setup dependent as I had a super low ride height.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.