The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

That is the other 45 minutes of interview in part 2 ;)

Don't forget too (not you specifically @BhZ, just in general) this interview isn't going to be a "will it have this, will it have that" type of talk. These questions are the ones raised by the community too don't forget! lol
I'm well aware of that and you did a great job. I don't agree with some of the questions asked, but as you say, it's the community that asked them.
I'm not looking for a complete list of feature but rather an indication of the direction this game will have. The name makes me think that the competitive will play a huge part in it, question is how...

Spoiler from part 2. I asked if super hardcore features like gravel traps that you can get stuck in will come to ACC. Marco responded something like "would you really want to get stuck in the gravel after 23 1/2 hours of racing".

My response:

:) not sure why they do this unnecessary "steps back" for gamplay sake ..
Anyway good job Paul, looking fwd to part II and ACC .. have you asked about FFB .. if there are changes/improvements ?

well arguably steps back ... for sake of gameplay you do some compromises in realism .. to prevent player frustration .. but in sim genre I think it wouldn`t cause too much issues to have engine stalled or car stucked in gravel, blown tyre, pit speed limit ..
I agree although i can not imagine a good reaction from someone racing here and finding himself stuck in the gravel because of a lapped guy for example...

Edit: 169 to go, c'mon guys

I agree although i can not imagine a good reaction from someone racing here and finding himself stuck in the gravel because of a lapped guy for example...
sure .. that will be always a problem, not just with gravel traps .. well their decision, not gona brake the game for me either way

Edit: 169 to go, c'mon guys

I guess Paul and I are a rare breed then. Sounds to me like we want the ultra realistic experience.

Personally, some of my most memorable SIM racing experiences have been getting a mechanical failure when leading a race of crashing on the last lap of a 3 hour endurance race.

I feel like I cheated when I hit a wall and carry on. I did it last night on AC, I hit the pit wall at 140mph and carried on and set fastest lap.....what is that about. We are not babies.

I guess Paul and I are a rare breed then. Sounds to me like we want the ultra realistic experience.

Personally, some of my most memorable SIM racing experiences have been getting a mechanical failure when leading a race of crashing on the last lap of a 3 hour endurance race.

I feel like I cheated when I hit a wall and carry on. I did it last night on AC, I hit the pit wall at 140mph and carried on and set fastest lap.....what is that about. We are not babies.
I'm like you, but it depends on what kind of race i'm doing. If i'm practicing for example, i'd prefer to not be stuck in the gravel. If i'm doing an endurance race, everyone should be on.

I'm like you, but it depends on what kind of race i'm doing. If i'm practicing for example, i'd prefer to not be stuck in the gravel. If i'm doing an endurance race, everyone should be on.
Of course. A test day I run with damage off etc.

However. I think that during a race weekend cars shouldn't be infinite. Again it's cheating to hit ESC and start again. In my opinion anyway.

well arguably steps back ... for sake of gameplay you do some compromises in realism .. to prevent player frustration .. but in sim genre I think it wouldn`t cause too much issues to have engine stalled or car stucked in gravel, blown tyre, pit speed limit ..
the gravel part could have a rescue team pushing you back to track (with a code 60 depending on the area), but then this is mostly an American rule, in europe usually it's the end of the race ot you, but BES has gone pretty american in recent years so I'm not sure if they rescue the cars all time, if I remember right they do

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.